Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sound Issue

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Sound Issue

Just a little more support - I like you was deafened by the systems noise when I first loaded up Jeehell. If you go into the JH sound module you can turn it down togther with the other pre-loaded sounds, calls etc. You can adjust the engine level by going into FSX/P3D sound configuration page, I then still found the engines too quiet because I had turned down the total volume at the sound mixer to avoid being deafened by the systems! So you have three places to adjust sound levels and you need to balance them all; I would suggest you set your mixer at about 90% to start with and then balance the sounds in JH and FSX/P3D to your taste. Finanlly you can take total level up or down a bit. You have rightly loaded a sound package into the aircraft sound folder, you don't need to change the JL sounds until you get into advanced expert tweaking.
    I also have sounds coming from Flight Keeper and SIOC and this leads to some duplication in calls but it is easy to take out the redundant ones.
    When you get it right the engine sounds it will shake the floor!
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

150+ Forum Groupie

Further to above I have not tried using dual graphics cards, not sure how you direct sounds to one or the other.
    Sometimes in FSX/P3D you get an annoying noise which sounds like aircraft systems but is actually coming from a nearby aircraft or servicing rigs. If that is the cause it goes away when you taxi.
    Barry

25+ Posting Member

My problem is fixed: It was the volume of the avionic which was producing that noise. Now everything is adjusted and sounds nice.
    In which directory I have to place the sound of "Turbine Sound"? This sound is played an controlled by P3D, there I can adjust it as "engine sound". So it have to place in the Aircraft folder (Sim ObjectI in P3D?

best regards Frank
    Prepar3D v5, Jeehell Ware latest Beta, all Skalarki P&P Panels, Active Sky, ASCA

150+ Forum Groupie

You cannot just put the sound in the P3D directory without editing or replacing the sound.cfg file.
    Barry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123