Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B45

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    And CPFlight ...
    They only offer a 737 version.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Ben, you can manually change the size (width and height) of any EIS app by going in the folder c:\A320FMGS\EIS and there you look for the files such as PFD.ini, FOPFD.ini etc... Inside those files, you can set the top left corner position (TOP and LEFT entries) and width height as well. This is in pixel (x=0 y=0 is the top left corner of your screen).

JL
    Yes, but is there a way to resize the windows using the mouse with out changing the XY ratio? For example if I enlarge Y, X will resize accordingly.

Windows is is also bringing Linux/ bash compatability and I am wondering if this could bring future UNIX versions of your software.

Thank you.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

Hi JL,

I have some questions:
    1./ Normally on approach with AP disconnect, there are a warning sound and triple click sound by aircraft itself (Approach capability downgraded)

In JL FMGS after AP disconnect, the warning sound comes on and the only way to cancel it is by press the Master Warn button (triple click sound comes after that). I think it is not correct Right ?

2./ When aircraft in CLB-Nav mode, if we select heading or change to OP CLB mode, there are also a triple click sound. I think FMGS does not have "triple click" sound in this case, is that correct?

3./ Modify speed in MCDU: I am in CRZ mode, I come to DES mode to modify the Speed, but seem that FMGS does not allow, it only allows you to change Cost Index. I think the managed speed can not modified, is that correct?

Thanks alot JL.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    They only offer a 737 version.
    But I use one of them
    See here: http://www.cpflight.com/sito/purchase/purchasea320.asp

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterp View Post
    Hi JL,

I have some questions:
    1./ Normally on approach with AP disconnect, there are a warning sound and triple click sound by aircraft itself (Approach capability downgraded)

In JL FMGS after AP disconnect, the warning sound comes on and the only way to cancel it is by press the Master Warn button (triple click sound comes after that). I think it is not correct Right ?

2./ When aircraft in CLB-Nav mode, if we select heading or change to OP CLB mode, there are also a triple click sound. I think FMGS does not have "triple click" sound in this case, is that correct?

3./ Modify speed in MCDU: I am in CRZ mode, I come to DES mode to modify the Speed, but seem that FMGS does not allow, it only allows you to change Cost Index. I think the managed speed can not modified, is that correct?

Thanks alot JL.

Hyi JL, hyi masterp, hyi all!

1.) I expirienced the same, so I had a look:
    - If AP off from the pilots: warnings are temporary (AP OFF message for 9s, master warning for 3s and cavalary charge. If you press APTO p/b OR master warning p/b within 1,5sec, you can stop it immediately)
    - If Ap off from failure, warnings are continous until pressing master warning p/b (ECAM warning: AUTO FLT AP OFF)
    2.) A vertical nav mode needs a lateral nav mode. If you go into a lateral selected mode like HDG, the FMGS does not know how you will
    continue (and can not calculate a TOC, TOD, ...) and changes the vertical also in selected mode -> Normal behaviour. This is a so called
    mode reversion. Each mode reversion is accompanied by a triple click.
    3.) Correct

NEW question from my side:
    In flight, Ap off: When i push the APTO p/b, I should have priority as long as I hold the button down. When I release it, normal ops should be there again.
    In my setup the priority stays on, even if I release the button (this is normal, if I press the button more than 40s, which I do not do)
    Just can get rid off it after landing.
    Is this a software item or did I mixed up something ?

Thanks and greets
    Michael

In flight, Ap off: When i push the APTO p/b, I should have priority as long as I hold the button down. When I release it, normal ops should be there again.
    In my setup the priority stays on, even if I release the button (this is normal, if I press the button more than 40s, which I do not do)
    Just can get rid off it after landing.
    Is this a software item or did I mixed up something ?

Thanks and greets
    Michael
    I believe after holding down the button for 40 seconds the controls are latched (locked to your side) so the light will also be up. The PNF can try and press and hold the autopilot off PB to take over control again.

Quote Originally Posted by Migelito View Post
    Hyi JL, hyi masterp, hyi all!

Probably you not assigned release action fot this button.
    See screenshot.

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Likes Leonidas liked this post

Just to clear up any confusion --

Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

@totom: Thanks, I mixed a none up in.

@OmniAtlas: Also thanks, but to say it carefully: The thumbnail is incorrect. Just trust the FCOM .

Greets
    Michael

Jean Luc,

I am experiencing a MCDU database display error. The MCDU ends up in a state where it says please report, so this I will do

Arrival is programmed into ESSA on a NILUG1P for 19R. When changing this to 19L it is like the change is not registered and the list of STARS relevant for 19L is not presented. I can change to 01L and back to 19R no problem, but not to 19L.
    It is Ok as initial choice.
    I am running the latest AIRAC for april

/Stephen
    Cheers Stephen
    P3Dv4 Prof, FMGS A320, 1080p OH for ext. & 1080p 24" for int., TM Warthog, VATSIM (vPilot)