25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A320 buttons/switches

Hi there!

I'm about to manufacture some buttons and switches (for the moment I'm not talking about toggle switches like the ones for the lights, only the illuminated rectangle ones) and want to make them as original looking as possible. I have an idea for a process to make them very nice, and of course, once perfected, I am going to let you know how I did it. I know, I could google my questions below, but the problem is, that 95% of the results are homecockpit related and for me it is tricky to find out which is the "real" thing.

1. I'm looking for close up pictures of original (Korry) switches, as used in e.g. the overhead panel, but also the ones used in the FCU (aso to me, it seems they look different besides the different sizes). The pictures on e.g. simpit.de are not close enough to really see the details.
    2. I'm looking for dimensions of these switches, especially of the "standard" Korrys. I think that they have like a frame around them, and I don't know to which the often cited dimension of 20x20mm applies.
    3. I understand that some of the switches are latching (in/out), and some are momentary. Can someone give me an idea of what the travel distance of the switches are? And what is the difference beween the "in" and the "out" position? Are we talking about 1 or 5mm?
    4. Is there somewhere a more or less complete list of which buttons are momentary and latching?

Thank you!

2. Likes Cmt_Eduardo liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Re: A320 buttons/switches

To answer at least one of my own question nr 2, here are the dimensional drawings of the standard korrys: http://www.esterline.com/Portals/6/P...pin_D44258.pdf

4. Likes Cmt_Eduardo liked this post
    10+ Posting Member

I am also developing the Airbus buttons, but have not done these you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingForGold View Post
    Hi there!
    4. Is there somewhere a more or less complete list of which buttons are momentary and latching?

Thank you!
    http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/...0.html?image=4