content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B35

Thank you guys, that clears it up, from the link JL posted above --

The flight crew arms ATHR:
    -On ground

• By pushing the ATHR pb on the FCU when the engines are not running, or

ATHR is active when it controls thrust or speed......The ATHR being disconnected, is activated when the flight crew pushes the ATHR pb on the FCU while the thrust levers are within the active range, including IDLE position. Note: When the flight crew sets both thrust levers to IDLE position, the A/THR disconnects but, if the flight crew pushes the A/THR pb of the FCU, they will simultaneously arm and activate the autothrust.
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the

ben to add something to what jl suggested i attached a couple of shots of an old (2012) FCTM that clarifies the athr use (the 2014 fctm says the same and therefore is clear that athr engagement on ground using the fcu pushbutton should be avoided)
    cheers
    fil
    Attached Images Attached Images

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Thanks Fil -- the FCOM mentions the A/THR can only be turned on *between* idle and CLB detent -- so it shouldn't function at idle?

I understand there are lots of things that are not SOP, but my goal is to try and break FMGS

For example, when you turn off the ADR when in flight or on the ground with the EGWS turned on, this happens --

Capture3.jpg

P.S was listening to Sydney ATC via the iOS app ATCLive tonight...JL, are you ever live?
    Soarbywire - Airbus Flight Simulation and Engineering | Jeehell FMGS - Free professional A320 avionics software for the cockpit enthusiast.

I run one of the MCDUs on my iPad via iDisplay. Since the last update (2014-10-03) the MCDUs screen and the touch function only works as long as the MCDUs black window is stretched at least a little bit from the iPads display into the PCs display.
    This was not necessary before the update. THX for any idea...

150+ Forum Groupie

ben,
    the autothrust behaviour is more complex than that: the point is not it CAN be on between IDLE and CLB. the autothrust automatically arms at takeoff when u set the levers at FLX or TOGA (autothrust white on the FMA) then it automatically engages (autothrust blue) at thrust red altitude when u select CLB with thrust levers.
    there's no need to push ANY button to arm it.
    to disconnect it there are 3 ways: retarding the thrust lever to idle (yes setting thrust to idle disconnects the autothrust), using the takeover button on the thrust levers (most used and recommended way to manually disconnect autothrust) or pushing the FCU button which is not recommended from airbus and in flight a THRUST LOCK ecam caution comes on.
    so it's totally different from a 737 autothrottle
    about the adr...suppose it's correct if i switch off the Air Data Reference u loose PFD and ND air data...all the rest remains alive.
    this is all contained in the FCOM and FCTM.
    we're just using different point of view on the software
    i won't go for a trial and see what happens if...i'm just looking for the software to behave like the real soft...but it's just my personal pov.
    all the best
    fil

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all,
    does the caution and master warning elluminate on both sides (Cpt, FO), when activated by the system?
    I mean both together.
    best
    stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

yes stefan both sides togheter
    fil

Quote Originally Posted by filippoporcari View Post
    we're just using different point of view on the software
    i won't go for a trial and see what happens if...i'm just looking for the software to behave like the real soft...but it's just my personal pov.
    all the best
    fil
    Hi Fil, for the most accurate simulation the software should perform exactly as TRW -- the example I gave above was to show the terrain data remains static even while the ADR remains off.

I believe (please tell me otherwise if I am wrong), that the terrain data should turn off and not be displayed if ADR is also turned off.

These are small details which will break the immersion.

The other example -- A/THR on -> engine 2 turned on, causes the engine to go to THR LCK, and the aircraft to accelerate, even when the throttle is at idle. Again I believe this to be an immersion killer, although, highly unlikely a pilot would do this in TRW, the aircraft shouldn't accelerate on the ground just by pressing a button.

150+ Forum Groupie

ben with all the due respect: U think that? or u read on official documentation about that behaviour?
    since we're not airbus engineers nor pilots we should follow SOP to judge if our soft behaves like the real aircraft.
    all the best
    fil

Sorry Fil, I am not too sure and am not an expert.

I am not too sure if the aircraft should go to TOGA LCK with throttles at idle. I just find it very strange the aircraft should accelerate at idle -- at this detent there should be no acceleration power of the engines.

Regards.