Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Monitor Setup X-plane 10

Wow, I did not know that's how the Elise guys are doing their OpenGL code. Hats off to them for coming up with a solution, but that's still a "compromise" view that is not going to give 100% correct geometry. I don't see how it works with spherical projection, unless they are doing MANY renders indeed (actually, it looks like they are only doing cylindrical projection).

Since X-Plane allows a lot of control inside its OpenGL loop via the SDK, it may still be possible to apply correct geometry "natively" without grabbing lots of views (and hence, doing extra render work), in much the same way I assume X-Plane Commercial does its built-in cylindrical/spherical projection. I have a feeling it would not be easy, though.

Still, great work and clever solution by the Elise guys. This software would be quite sufficient for most of the visual systems out there.

Matt

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Monitor Setup X-plane 10

The cube/sphere projection demo is hidden underneath the special menu. It do work and for real I would need it with my setup of projectors. but I just do not have the cash for that. warning tho before getting to excited, there is a HUGE popup totally in the way while trying it out. I wish they would lets us play around with it for 10 minutes or at some godforsakenforgottenairportsomewhere without the popup. demo mode is almost useless as it is right now, however I can tell that it is useful for us with projectors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12