Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A320 FMGS B34

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B34

Gear was def up. Always the first thing I always check. Maybe just a glitch. I think it was the weather programs fault.

300+ Forum Addict

Just finished installing V34 on the sim. All going 100 percent and I have to say flying better than ever.

The FBW: I did a complete flight test on the Alpha Floor and Toga Lock, and they all passed perfectly. The aeroplane is much more realistic and a lot heavier to fly, as it should be.

Also the ILS capture is perfect.

Many thanks for a great piece of software. Amazing, as always.

Cheers...............Brian W.

Good to hear Brian

Anyone know if "More Drag" prompt on the ND is modeled?

Cheers.

150+ Forum Groupie

ben i never got a MORE DRAG message on ND as it is supposed to be...but i strongly believe it is definitely related to VNAV which is not yet fully modelled as reported many times.
    i think we'll have this informations in the future when JL will complete the VNAV thing.
    just my thought of course.
    cheers
    fil

Hi,
    new to JeeHell I´m absolutely impressed about Your work. Hope I get it running on my system soon!
    Only one thing: may I remind You to Your post to a former build:
    "
    @Arie: yes I forgot to remove some code in the installer, and it does indeed change the simconnect.xml file.
    I will remove that for next version, sorry about that.
    "
    The installation today on my system did still the same and caused some additional grey hair on my head until I found it . Would make life easier for the newbies when You fix it.
    Do I understand it correct: JeeHell does not need the ports 9017 it sets to the simconnect.xml - or does one have to add the entry there?
    Regards Rainer

Hi,

The simconnect issue will be solved in ext version. The installer will add it's own requirements if other addons do not use the required port, but it will no longer overwrite the other settings. Also it'll make a backup of the current simconnect.xml file.

Regards,
    JL

7. Thanks Beaufort thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by filippoporcari View Post
    ben i never got a MORE DRAG message on ND as it is supposed to be...but i strongly believe it is definitely related to VNAV which is not yet fully modelled as reported many times.
    i think we'll have this informations in the future when JL will complete the VNAV thing.
    just my thought of course.
    cheers
    fil
    thanks fil --VNAV involves calculations regarding speed of descent to reach the target altitude in managed mode?

Or does it get more complicated? I understand in the boeing when you are using V/S to descend you get an end point calculated 'arc' on the ND. Does the FMGS have a similar function?

On a side note -- Does the FMGS take into consideration wind speed on final approach (flaps 4 speed)?

Thank you

Ben

150+ Forum Groupie

all your questions are answered in the FCOM ben ...anyway trying to summarize:
    VNAV calculations are a "black art" also for airbus engineers i suppose...it is for pilots! lot of parameters involved...
    i think the message is not displaied because JL not yet implemented it in the VNAV thing.
    about your 2nd question: airbus has a similar indication compared to boeing but more accurate (in boeings u have the green banana both in v/s and lvl chg): if u're in NAV lateral mode u have a blue okeystick on the green route line at the point u reach the FCU selected altitude whichever descent mode u use (managed, selected)...if u're in HDG lateral mode u have a green dashed arc (similar to boeing banana) showing the distance at which u'll reach FCU altitude (only selected mode available if in HDG mode). this is not yet implemented in JL but it will.
    about 3rd question: YES! it's called GROUND SPEED MINI function and it does a LOT more than just compensating the wind: when on final, if u are in managed speed mode, the function is available and it "modulates" the VAPP to mantain the aircraft ground speed within defined limits...pls refer to fcom for specs too long to describe! ground speed mini is correctly implemented and working in JL
    hope not to have left anything out.
    cheers
    fil

10. Thanks SSO thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Hello, a big thank you to Jeehell for this nice version of the FMGS Software the FBW System is now perfect and the aircraft feels very good in flight but i have a question about the OVHD. In Version B30 it works with my PC config without any problems but now the CPU load is at 100% and the reaction time for switches is sometimes 5-10 sec. can it be the the load of the OVHD is now so big ? or is there a config problem by my configuration. And another problem is that the anti collision light do not work but the switch in OVHD is on. In another thread i has read that a new user guide is on the road can you tell me something about the date of finishing ? BR Veit

Quote Originally Posted by filippoporcari View Post
    this is not yet implemented in JL but it will.
    about 3rd question: YES! it's called GROUND SPEED MINI function and it does a LOT more than just compensating the wind: when on final, if u are in managed speed mode, the function is available and it "modulates" the VAPP to mantain the aircraft ground speed within defined limits...pls refer to fcom for specs too long to describe! ground speed mini is correctly implemented and working in JL
    hope not to have left anything out.
    cheers
    fil
    Yes, had a flick through the FCOM, seems like quite a complicating affair, which is probably why it takes considerable time to implement.

Untitled.jpg

cheers, Ben

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast