Thread: A320 FMGS B34

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B34

Hello Hendrik

I face the same issue when the FMGS modules (all of them on a client) are connected with the server by LAN. When they are linked by WLAN everything works fine. I have no idea why only WPTs are not displayed in LAN while the four other EFIS items are OK ???
    Regards
    René

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by romeow View Post
    I face the same problem with EXT LT. I'am mostly able to switch the NAV LT and Beacon ON but no way to switch them OFF!
    NOSE Taxi doesn't work at all. All fx files are copied to the EFFECT folder of FSX.
    Regards
    René
    I think to have found the reason for this problem. I installed REX4 Texture Direct about two weeks ago. Probably two "wrong" settings caused the troubles. Since I've changed the Texture Resolution (Configuration Settings) of RUNWAYS and TAXIWAYS from 1024 to 4096 all the EXT LT work perfectly again.

Update
    After another trial I must say that this "fix" is rubbish! I have to go on testing!

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

today on my flight from EDDF to LGAV, on approach to LGAV I tried to change the arrival runway since ATC gave me a different one than expected. At that time the FMGS server application crashed. I restarted it manually, but I did not get any connection to the FMGS client applications (all in red).

I needed to stop and restart the complete starter on both server and client PC to make it work again. The system was cold and dark again, fortunately I was at arround 8000ft above ground, so it was enough time to restart APU and engines and recover everything. The landing was successful in the end.

I remember that there was a function introduced for an automatic backup and recovery when something crashes. It looks like this did not work for me in this constellation. Is there anything I made wrong? When does the recovery take effect?

Thanks
    Stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

To all users who face problems with EXT LT (NAV, Beacon and Taxi)

I hope to have found a running workaround this time. Probably the problem itself can only be fixed by JH.

- Start FSX
    - Start FMGS
    - Shut down FSX again, but leave FMGS active
    - Restart FSX

This workaround has been successfully tested on my PC but I have no long-term experience

Update I
    Workaround still OK but with it I've got problems with my Overhead running with SIOC. Unfortunately an eighter/or Problem.

Update II
    As soon as I start SIOC after normal start of FSX
    - I can turn on the NAV light but then they are blocked.
    - Beacon Lights don't work at all.
    - Taxi LT is not available anymore

At the moment I really don't know what to do next
    Regards
    René

Update III
    Problems probably solved but I need another test tomorrow.
    I added some new command lines concerning NAV, Taxi and Beacon Lights to my SIOC script.

5. Likes SSO liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Good day Jeehell

well you were right, I updated the entire application an a issues were gone.

The flight model is more accurate like in the real plane, after take off you can release sidestick and that "heavy" nose straight feeling is there, congrats on that achievement.

After landing issue regarding the master warning is gone too, but he Ecam Memo for landing stays there, I had it up to the gate.

Also I made a supplementary procedure for the single engine taxi, and it went fine, just one thing after shuting down engine one at gate and apu on, you got a single chime at engine shut down.

The V/DEV is a visual circuit is very accurate, I will perfom some testing on FPV to replace ILS and keep you posted.

Regards.
    Adonis

25+ Posting Member

Good day Jeehell

as always some testing . . .

Today I selected low altitude airfields vs high altitude arifields to see how constraints behave.

Flight from SEGU (26ft) to SECU (8340ft) distance 104 miles and viceversa.

v2 value appears in FCU as soon as its entered in MCDU, unless expected by ATC the speed indication should be --- for a managed mode and let the SRS mode come on, when I push for managed speed the climb preselected speed should come , but it returns to V2

After take off at SEGU, while climbing, the altitude indicator became yellow while flying below SECU minimums (9100 ft ) in climb mode, tricky tricky.

When reaching acceleration altitude, CLIMB mode becomes active however the plane does not follow FD orders , to pitch nose down.

This flight is a bit tricky only 100 miles, and the ILS xx message appears at 250 miles from destination, in this case the ILs message never appeared.

Decel message not displayed upon reaching top of descent.

Direct to with abeam point feature, draws the direct route in ND, when clicking ABEAM PTS the route remains unchanged.

This might be like eye candy but it would be great having mode change and range change messages in ND, this would make ND presentation even more realistic.

As always thanks a lot for your great software, I hope I wont become a pain in butt for this exahustive research.

best regards

Adonis

8. Thanks brianwilliamson thanked for this post
    Likes SSO liked this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi Adonis,

Not a PITA yet however just do not expect to have everything solved by tomorrow

Regarding some of your points:

v2 value appears in FCU as soon as its entered in MCDU, unless expected by ATC the speed indication should be --- for a managed mode and let the SRS mode come on, when I push for managed speed the climb preselected speed should come , but it returns to V2
    I never had any issue with the V2. Can you give some more details on what you entered exactly in the MCDU (only V2 in TO PERF page, or also PRESEL in the CLB PERF page, what mode used on the FCU)

After take off at SEGU, while climbing, the altitude indicator became yellow while flying below SECU minimums (9100 ft ) in climb mode, tricky tricky.
    What was the selected FCU altitude? Was it the altitude alert or the destination minimum alerting system?

When reaching acceleration altitude, CLIMB mode becomes active however the plane does not follow FD orders , to pitch nose down.
    What were the FCU ALT, THR RED ALT and ACC ALT?

This flight is a bit tricky only 100 miles, and the ILS xx message appears at 250 miles from destination, in this case the ILs message never appeared.
    I'll have to give it a go, this looks like a fun flight

Decel message not displayed upon reaching top of descent.
    Vertical FPLN management is the next huge undertaking. I hope to start this summer...

Direct to with abeam point feature, draws the direct route in ND, when clicking ABEAM PTS the route remains unchanged.
    I may have broken this feature lately

This might be like eye candy but it would be great having mode change and range change messages in ND, this would make ND presentation even more realistic.
    Already thought about it too. Any idea on the real timings?

Regards,
    JL

10. Likes SSO liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi Adonis,

Not a PITA yet however just do not expect to have everything solved by tomorrow

Regarding some of your points:

I never had any issue with the V2. Can you give some more details on what you entered exactly in the MCDU (only V2 in TO PERF page, or also PRESEL in the CLB PERF page, what mode used on the FCU)

@@@@@@ Speeds were 131 / /136 // 141
    my climb preselected speed was green dot + 10 which was 208

After lift off plane goes into SRS mode looking for v2 , then at acc alt the Climb preselected should appear on top of speed scale in blue, and plane will look for that speed.

What was the selected FCU altitude? Was it the altitude alert or the destination minimum alerting system?

9100 ft ASL

What were the FCU ALT, THR RED ALT and ACC ALT?

In the high altitude airfield they were 12500/12500 11000

I'll have to give it a go, this looks like a fun flight

Vertical FPLN management is the next huge undertaking. I hope to start this summer...

Totally understand I thing its a complete challenge to model it.

I may have broken this feature lately

Already thought about it too. Any idea on the real timings?

You can find it here : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=794ZrSoZzQc
    Regards,
    JL

Hi Jeehell

Please find answers in bold.
    Also a pair of videos between real plane and sim.

Best regards

Adonis

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5snYFFp3ouc

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_H4YU9ZEQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-USkvz7-M

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1B2-Pwh9bkM
    Last edited by adonismartinez; 06-20-2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Bold text

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcane View Post
    Hi Jl and Guys,
    first: A big thank you for your new update and hard working! It´s so awesome what you do!
    Also thanks Tom for your Files for Topcat!
    I got a small issue with the sound.
    I didn´t hear the engines working or something like a rolling sound or flaps movment. I hear only the sounds for signs, mm, hydraulic (when you start the engines)
    I look in to the soundfoulder from the jeehell Aircraft in the FSX/simobjects but there are no soundfiles. O.o Is this normaly?
    I had made a fresh installation from your software.
    Any idea how can i fix this?

King Regards
    Florian

P.S.: Some time ago i didn´t hear the "reatard, retard" Callouts, too?!?! :O

I cant here also no ENG and outside sounds.
    SimObjects\Airplanes\A32_CFM56_sound folder is full of sounds.
    What did i wrong?

150+ Forum Groupie

1) Have you got the subfolder Airbus_A321 in folder AIRPLANES?
    2) If yes, open it and you should find the subfolder \Sound
    3) There you should find a lot of wav files among them engine sounds as well.
    4) If that is the case go to \A320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214\Sound
    5) Open sound.cfg and remove the semicolon at the beginning of the line alias=Airbus_A321\sound

Regards
    René

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast