Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Jeehell vs Air Sim Tech

There is only one aircraft to use and that is the one supplied by Jeehell.

....................Brian W.

150+ Forum Groupie

The Jeehell software includes a model which I think is a customised version of a Project Airbus A320.
    Barry

150+ Forum Groupie

Brian
    You say that ILS approaches work for you but not right for me. Everything OK on a flight up to the Decel point, it drops speed to around 210 which is what I would expect. I cannot get the speed any lower, progressive lowering of flaps does not affect speed, if I go manual and drop below 210 (going into the speed tape candy bar) it goes into alpha floor mode which is correct. I wondered if using the laptop and the function keys to drop flaps is not getting picked up but the flap indicator is working normally and an eyeball check outside shows flaps down. I can continue the approach and land at 210, it "hunts" a bit on the approach but straightens up fine for landing. I have about 40% fuel on board so not overweight. I do engage and confrim approach mode but no speeds appear on that page and it doesn't accept inputs.
    Apart from this problem I think I have gone as far as I can on a laptop, everything looking really good so I will move on to seeing how well I can interface my cockpit. I think for a start I will try each interface card in turn to see if I can pick it up and allocate nodes. Most important for me is to keep the sim running on AST until I can do a clean switchover. It's all very exciting.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barrykensett View Post
    Apart from this problem I think I have gone as far as I can on a laptop, everything looking really good so I will move on to seeing how well I can interface my cockpit. I think for a start I will try each interface card in turn to see if I can pick it up and allocate nodes. Most important for me is to keep the sim running on AST until I can do a clean switchover. It's all very exciting.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com
    I'm interested to learn why you think AST is not as good as Jeehell as I imagine you spend a lot buying it?

150+ Forum Groupie

I have used AST for some years but unfortunately development sems to have stalled and there are many bugs which are not getting fixed. From my initial look at Jeehell, just on a laptop, it seems to have functions which are not yet built into AST. However my evaluation is far from complete.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by Barrykensett View Post
    Brian
    You say that ILS approaches work for you but not right for me. Everything OK on a flight up to the Decel point, it drops speed to around 210 which is what I would expect. I cannot get the speed any lower, progressive lowering of flaps does not affect speed, if I go manual and drop below 210 (going into the speed tape candy bar) it goes into alpha floor mode which is correct. I wondered if using the laptop and the function keys to drop flaps is not getting picked up but the flap indicator is working normally and an eyeball check outside shows flaps down. I can continue the approach and land at 210, it "hunts" a bit on the approach but straightens up fine for landing. I have about 40% fuel on board so not overweight. I do engage and confrim approach mode but no speeds appear on that page and it doesn't accept inputs.
    Barry
    www.a320sim.com
    flaps have to be assigned with the fmgs configure tool. I had problems with speeds not dropping before but that was because I was flying a full fuel loaded plane!

300+ Forum Addict

Barry, I just found out the same reason, it is the fuel load. I normally load 6000 kg and do short 15 minute flights without any problem, but if you load and do another flight after putting in all details, the aircraft seems to revert to FSX fuel figures and is fully fuelled and you will be unable to land. Even the AP des not like it. So much so that I ended up doing a complete re-install. The Ecam reads the FSX figures.

Perhaps after landing we need to shut down the engines and re-do the fuel load.
    I will do some more checking on this. The Landing weight needs to be under 64.5 tonnes.

Just a small problem .

Otherwise it is looking very impressive.

Regards .............Brian W.

300+ Forum Addict

Also discovered if you lower the AUW. too much, the aircraft will hunt the Glide slope a little too aggressively. So there needs to be sensible weight to use.

Regards...............Brian W.

Hi,
    After a some years of inactivity due to young kids, i am back in the game.
    I previously looked at AST, but due to lack of progress did not purchase.
    i was just referred to this forum. Looks very interesting.

My setup is currently P3Dv2.1 running on top line PC (W 7 x64) with one short throw OH and a 24" for instruments. As aircraft I use the Aerosoft X Extended A321.
    While searching for possibilities for incorporating a hardware controlls I was refered to this application suite.
    As controls I use Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w dual throttle control.
    My initial purchase will be a FCU, and perhaps Radio stack. I do not in the near future have room for (or time to setup) full simulator.

Any startup recommendations in terms of setup and panels would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Copenhagen

/Stephen
    Cheers Stephen
    P3Dv4 Prof, FMGS A320, 1080p OH for ext. & 1080p 24" for int., TM Warthog, VATSIM (vPilot)

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by SSO View Post
    Hi,
    After a some years of inactivity due to young kids, i am back in the game.
    I previously looked at AST, but due to lack of progress did not purchase.
    i was just referred to this forum. Looks very interesting.

My setup is currently P3Dv2.1 running on top line PC (W 7 x64) with one short throw OH and a 24" for instruments. As aircraft I use the Aerosoft X Extended A321.
    While searching for possibilities for incorporating a hardware controlls I was refered to this application suite.
    As controls I use Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w dual throttle control.
    My initial purchase will be a FCU, and perhaps Radio stack. I do not in the near future have room for (or time to setup) full simulator.

Any startup recommendations in terms of setup and panels would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Copenhagen

/Stephen
    Welcome Stephen.

I have a side-stick, tiller, and sidewall on order from flybycockpits. I also am planning to purchase the FCU, MCDU, and throttle from Skalarki -- I have only heard good things.

As for visuals, I hope to order a W1080ST short-throw projector by next week.

The greatest part about Jehell FMGS? Its free! And Jehell is a nice guy and open to recommendations. The bug list is available at http://www.christophpaulus.com/bugre...l_bug_page.php

Good luck in your build!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast