25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Immersive Display Lite 2 and Windowmaker

Dear friends,

i have 3 projectors and for each projector i created separate windows in FSX.

For warping and blending i installed Immersive View Lite 2 and adjusted everything in the setup. The windows for the 3 projected separate screen have been calculated with the windowmaker tool and saved into the saved flight file.

If i start FSX via the warploader tool warping and edge blending works ok.

The projected images are have their horizontal center in the middle of my curved screen. So the horizon is also exact at 50% of picture height. This is normal and but it creates my problem: Looking out of my front window, the horizon is behind the MIP and i cannot see it when i sit normal in the seat. It is so low, that i cannot see the end of the runway when i go for takeoff, or for Landing. Usually the horizon should be in the middle of your viewing fiel (like in real life).

So i tried to adjust the rotation of the camera by 9 degree in the safed flight - which brings the horizon up in to the middle of my vertical view fiel (like in real life). -> (rotation 0,0,0 to 9,0,0). Everything should be good now.

BUT:

The problem i now have is, that with an adjusted camera (view) rotation by 9 degree - the edge blending does not work. It seems, that the Immersive View Software cannot make a proper edge blending with a modified camera rotation in the *.flt

The more i rotate the camera the worse the edge blendning gets.

So now i have two choices:
    a.) rotate the camera and have the horizon in view - but have bad edge blending or
    b.) horizon is out of view and crash land everytime with nice edge blending...

I attached some pics so you see the what i mean. The pics are self explaning. Rotation-X_PicX -> Have a look at the difference between Rotation 0 pics and rotation 9 pics. The pictures from inside the sim have been taken with the camera in from of my eyes, so they represent the view out of the fron window of my Shell.

Now my question is, why does immersive display fail with blending allignment when i change the content inside of the separate windows ( -> change rotation of camera ?).

Now the more important question : Is there a different way to raise the horizon ??? If i could find a different way to rise the horizon without making changes of the rotation value it should be ok.

I have two alternative solutions which are not useable:

1. I could change the physical pitch of the projectors at my ceiling and move the complete pictures up, but this would mean, that i loose valuable projected image when i look out of the side window downwards. -> I will not do that

2. I could use the immersive setup program and "pull" the center parts of the screen more upwards. But this would mean to compress the upper parts and stretch the lower parts of the window content -> Will create unatural distortion.

Now i have two questions:

Why does immersive display fail with blending alignment when i change the content inside of the separate windows ( -> change rotation of camera ?).

But the more important question : Is there a different way to raise the horizon ??? If i could find a different way to rise the horizon without making changes of the rotation value it should be ok...

Attached some pictures which illustrate my problem. Any help appreciated...

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images

10+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Immersive Display Lite 2 and Windowmaker

hi andy,

I have struggled with this a lot and came up with a solution; what i did is i moved out of the virtual cockpit we dont use it anyway and sit in front of it, you do that using the Eyepoint commands ctrl + backspace and then lower the seat with shift+ backspace and on the left and right windows you have to move aswell but then also to right and left to get rid of the dubbel runways

cheers john

3. Thanks wody thanked for this post