Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: A320 FMGS B31

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B31

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post

Regarding B32, yes it's coming out soon, probably tomorrow. Not sure about the revolutions Rigo has heard about, but there are some changes. MAinly APFBW reworked a little bit (Flare law), and instruments application have had internal changes to fix some issues with dimming, XFR, etc...

Regards,
    JL
    Great news JL, i hope there is little upate of EHID drivers to include backlight
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

yes. I did activate approach mode but still unable to slow down my speeds in managed mode. I will try again and try to take some photos and videos.

Hi All

The latest version is available:
    http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B32.exe (the auto update will download the complete instalelr as well...)

Most visible changes:
    - All instruments except MCDUs (so PFD/ND/EWD/SD/stbys) are now contained in one single executable called EIS.exe
    - The starter will start several instances as per your selection in the installer (very important).
    - There is no more need of saving XFR position for PFD/ND, as each app can replace the other one on the fly.
    - I added the EWD/SD XFR to NDs.
    - I also corrected the FBW flare law in manual flight.

I temporarily removed the user guides, I need to rework them, right now they are obsolete.

Best regards,
    JL

10+ Posting Member

If you use FSX, FSUIPC is not required at all.
    Make sure you have installed the same version on all computers. Also, if you did use auto update on one computer, make sure you did taht on the others as well.
    On a wired network, there should not be that much lag indeed...
    JL
    Thank you, I didn't realize it could be run completely without fsuipc. I have done that and input recognition improves slightly but the best results are when I open the fbw config and move both sensitivity sliders full right to '50'.

It doesnt seem that i should need to make such an extreme adjustment though, should I?

I do always auto update on both machines and make sure they're synched with the same version. Maybe I'll try b32 and see if it holds any magic to rectify this issue

Thanks JL!

~Alan

Hi All

The latest version is available:
    http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B32.exe (the auto update will download the complete instalelr as well...)

Most visible changes:
    - All instruments except MCDUs (so PFD/ND/EWD/SD/stbys) are now contained in one single executable called EIS.exe
    - The starter will start several instances as per your selection in the installer (very important).
    - There is no more need of saving XFR position for PFD/ND, as each app can replace the other one on the fly.
    - I added the EWD/SD XFR to NDs.
    - I also corrected the FBW flare law in manual flight.

I temporarily removed the user guides, I need to rework them, right now they are obsolete.

Best regards,
    JL
    Hi JL -- thank you for the new release. I deleted and reinstalled --- everything is working great...I love the new 'hydraulic' simulation when you turn on the engines. I don't remember that being there in the last install.

I also like how you can turn off the engines and brake panels from the OVH -- perhaps they can be setup as a separate .exe someday

I am still having problems with managed speeds on final approach -- perhaps someone can also experiment?

I am flying from YBCG -> YBBN (Brisbane).

Landing on runway 01, via GLENN. Aircraft slows to 208 knots, but not down to my landing speed (~150 knots) . I have activated approach phase. I am in Flaps 1. I cannot lower to flaps 2, 3 or 4 because I am under speed restraints.

Is this because of my weight? (full fuel load aircraft)

150+ Forum Groupie

ben,
    in FS (applies to fs9, X and p3d) u should NEVER use a fully loaded aircraft (both in cargo and fuel) because it makes it heavier than its MOW. u should test with a GW of some 60 tons. as a golden rule (real ops) u should put fuel in center tanks ONLY if wing tanks are already full
    cheers
    fil

Hi

@Alan: unles you're in direct law (on the ground), the FBW will not exactly be strong on the flight controls. This is the way the Airbus flies. Check the g-load you get with full pitch up/down on the stick. You should get between 0 and +2.5 G's. The FBW simply calculates the elevator movement to get that g load.

@Ben: if you're too heavy, it is possible that the green dot speed (dependent on weight) gets above the VFE (fixed IAS) of next flaps setting. In that case, the aircraft will not slow down to below the VFE in managed flight, and you have to do it in selected modes.

@EHID users: I tried to correct some of the backlighting issues, and also added the cockpit sonic clock functions.

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JL,

thank you very very much for your new update of your ingenious software!!!
    Before I make a auto update, it is better to completely reinstall? I had the last time a few problems with the auto update and a not correctly working fbw.

King regards
    Florian

Quote Originally Posted by filippoporcari View Post
    ben,
    in FS (applies to fs9, X and p3d) u should NEVER use a fully loaded aircraft (both in cargo and fuel) because it makes it heavier than its MOW. u should test with a GW of some 60 tons. as a golden rule (real ops) u should put fuel in center tanks ONLY if wing tanks are already full
    cheers
    fil
    I tried with a lighter load and it slows down as expected now, very smart aircraft indeed If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch from your boeing build?

Hi

@Ben: if you're too heavy, it is possible that the green dot speed (dependent on weight) gets above the VFE (fixed IAS) of next flaps setting. In that case, the aircraft will not slow down to below the VFE in managed flight, and you have to do it in selected modes.

JL
    Thank you JL -- then the aircraft performs as expected, and we are nearing a 1.0 out of beta release?

One last query for now --- I can enter the MDA of 800 in the approach phase page of the MCDU -- the computer accepts this value; is this out of range of the radio altimeter?

• The DH for Category II and III approaches is invariably assessed by reference to a radio altimeter and never a barometric altimeter; therefore the minima can only be expressed as DH and not DA. For approaches with DH of 200ft or higher, radio altimeter reading would be unreliable due to the unevennss of the errain; therfore a barometric altimeter is always used and the minima may be expressed as DH or DA.

http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/DA/H