Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B31

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Ok it run now!
    Thank you
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Quote Originally Posted by matchouz View Post
    I think this is the one you mention? http://www.speedyshare.com/tJ3ND/EGPWS-data.zip? Any chance you could upload it to dropbox public folder? It asks for a paid registered account to DL.

Many txs
    My terrain data is now 1.8 gb -- a bit too big to upload. This is because I am using the highest terrain detail level available. It is not too difficult to download the data -- once you've clicked the ones you want into your 'cart' you use the EGPWS download tool and it is automated.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi Rob,

Currently, the hardware handling of trim wheeks is very difficult. As you saw by yourself, there is no easy way to maintain synch between the FMGS server and hardware. Right now manual input is not taken into account by the software (it won't disconnect the AP or freeze the autotrim).
    You can for now just replicate the value of FS trim on your Wheel to animate them.

I'm in the design process for the autotrim (far from implementation), and I think it will not be easy to integrate third party hardware without programming knowledge.

I think my software will, in the end, send increment/decrement orders to the hardware. It's up to hardware to move the Wheel by the increment and send back the actual Wheel setting, and eventually manual override information.

There is no info about trim speed or else in the FCOM or other documents I know. The trim is not very well described, as usually it's only used during preflight to set the TO setting.

Regards,
    JL

Hi JL,

thanks for your post about auto trim. Maybe just some ideas you could consider in your design for pitch trim:
    - your software can read a poteniometer for initial trim position before takeoff when in ground mode. So you can configure an axis with max trim up and down values in your config.exe. Same as you do for the thrust levers, just linearly.
    - After transition from ground to flight mode you deactivate the poti reading as trim input and the trim wheels only follow your "calcuated" trim target position. So the poteniometer only gives feedback about reference position. The wheels follow your software autotrim values and compare with the potentiometer position (closed loop). That means the wheels can only follow too slowly to your commanded trim state, right?
    - now you can define a variable in your software that defines the max. delta between actual wheel position and your sw commanded trim values. In case you exceed this "user variable delta" value you can assume that one is holding the wheels at a certain position and the clutch is working independent of motor commands. That is the time go disengage the autotrim. So by adding this "variable delta" value for cutoff the autotrim the user can ajust the behaviour of disconnect autotrim to any hardware.

- zero trim return after landing, you could provide an an extra output that can i.e. increase the voltage of the motor after touchdown, so the trim drive can run faster

Hope that makes sense.
    Looking forward! Thanks & regards
    Rob

Can you make a separate thread about the trim? This is important information...
    Some time ago (May 2013) I described the same thing and made ​​a diagram:

trim.jpg

ToTom...yep, I think your diagram is basically saying what I tried to explain above. Also with the error threshold. Seperate thread seems reasonable.

300+ Forum Addict

Here is a file I use with FSX and Open Cockpits USB DC Motor, to run the trim wheel in the Airbus. I use a good quality 12 Volt motor with clutch and a pot.

Also advise of using cut-off relays at either end of the Pot travel, to limit the voltage in case of an over-run.
    It is programmed in Magenta FCU to go to zero on landing. The connection is via FSUIPC.

You can use the 2 speeds if you like. I have puts some notation in there so that you are more able to tell what is happening.

I also combine this file with the Open Cockpit Radios using SIOC.

Hope this maybe of some use.

Regards..............Brian W.
    Attached Files Attached Files

150+ Forum Groupie

Guys,

one question: always when I fire up the FMGS, I see the note in FSX "Using older FSScenery Data. Restart FS if you installed a new Addon-Scenery"

I already changed the path in the A320FMGS\Navdata\FSScenery.cfg to "scenery.cfg=C:\Users\Stephan Schwarz\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg" or "scenery.cfg=C:\FSX\scenery.cfg", but the issue remains the same.

Any ideas on this?

Regards,
    Stephan