300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B31

Hi
    Four first issues after full installation under P3D:
    1. Tiller doesn't work. I must press rudder to turn the nose wheel when taxiing. I reconfigured it, but nothing changed.
    2. After 15-20 minutes FMGS server freezes every time! (Access violation at address .... appears continuously).
    3. This is minor: PFD-ND clients don't close after FMGS server closing or freezing.
    4. When I start server it reads all messages one by one (glide slope, terrain etc)

* I didn't reinstall clients after migration from FSX to P3D. Do you think, should have I done it?

Regards

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Are you using this over a network?

I only have one computer with no issues after running a clean install with P3D 2.0.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    Are you using this over a network?
    I only have one computer with no issues after running a clean install with P3D 2.0.
    Yes, 3 PCs and the server. Which version of FSUIPC do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Yes, 3 PCs and the server. Which version of FSUIPC do you use?
    The latest one compatible with P3D 2.0. It is available on his website (just not labelled appropriately).
    The avsim P3D forum also has a link.

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by OmniAtlas View Post
    The latest one compatible with P3D 2.0. It is available on his website (just not labelled appropriately).
    The avsim P3D forum also has a link.
    It's 4.927a. I have the same...

Hi Leonidas,

There should be no need to reinstall if you change only the simulator. You should just change the navdata settigns in FSScenery.Cfg to point to P3D V2 scenery.cfg, launch navdbapp.exe alon once (to build ILS database), then you're good to go.
    But the issues you have are not related to navdata...

1. Are you up to date with the B31.3 and auto updates?
    2. Did you try only the same flight every time? there could be an error in the departure procedure which causes the crash
    4. this looks like a hardware issue: do you have a pyshical switch linked to the GPWS korry on the MIP (the korry reads GPWS/GS just next to the PFD)? If so, what system do you use for this switch?

JL

Also, with P3D, you must not use the FSUIPCconnect.exe but FSXconnect.exe (use StarterFSX only).

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi Leonidas,
    There should be no need to reinstall if you change only the simulator. You should just change the navdata settigns in FSScenery.Cfg to point to P3D V2 scenery.cfg, launch navdbapp.exe alon once (to build ILS database), then you're good to go.
    But the issues you have are not related to navdata...
    1. Are you up to date with the B31.3 and auto updates?
    2. Did you try only the same flight every time? there could be an error in the departure procedure which causes the crash
    4. this looks like a hardware issue: do you have a pyshical switch linked to the GPWS korry on the MIP (the korry reads GPWS/GS just next to the PFD)? If so, what system do you use for this switch?
    JL
    I didn't do anything about scenery.cfg but I have no problem with that. The NDs (both CPT and FOs clients) shows WPT, VORs etc and MCDU-DATA is updated. How could happen this? Anyway...

1. Yes, I am...
    2. I usually depart from a spesific airport (my home town), but I don't have the same destination. I'm going to try differents routes today...
    4. Yes I have GPWS korry connected to FDS I/O card.

Let me ask something I've asked also in the past: Most our flights are test flights, Isn't true? So, why every time must we push all that OFF buttons (if I remember numbered 26!) when most of us we don't even have hardware overhead panels? Don't you think JL?
    Regards

leonidas,

2. what is the usual airport and SID you use?
    4. Did you select the "invert" action feature in IIT_Creator for this switch (CPT or FO side)? If so, are you sure it is inverted in your wiring?
    Also, once the callouts are over, what happens if you push the switch just once (very briefly)?

OVHD switches on startup: for now I will not change it. Some people want cold and dark, some want ready to fly. This a non trivial code change to add such features. Also, when you use hardware for the OVHD, the software scans for the actual physical position of the switches so... really not easy to settle.

JL

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    leonidas,
    2. what is the usual airport and SID you use?
    4. Did you select the "invert" action feature in IIT_Creator for this switch (CPT or FO side)? If so, are you sure it is inverted in your wiring?
    Also, once the callouts are over, what happens if you push the switch just once (very briefly)?
    OVHD switches on startup: for now I will not change it. Some people want cold and dark, some want ready to fly. This a non trivial code change to add such features. Also, when you use hardware for the OVHD, the software scans for the actual physical position of the switches so... really not easy to settle.
    JL
    2. Departures are usually from LGTS. I practise using all available SIDs manually, returning back to the same airport with each different STAR each time, compining them. There are many couples SID-STARs that I was trying to complete without success.
    4. No, I don't. If it was wrong I think it should remain turned on during flight. Besides, it's been long time since I connected it for the first time working fine until now. Anyway, I'll test it.
    I didn't try it because GPWS LED wasn't turned on during oral messages. I'll test it too.
    Regards