Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: A320 FMGS B31

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS B31

Ah that is unfortunate - there is no way to use level-d data anymore?

I've only used your software for a short while -- still experimenting but it functions great so far! I think I might switch from building a 737 to an airbus!

for some reason I can't get the configured joysticks in the program to function - I am using prepar3d 2.0 and have started the fsuipc link program in the server directory. Am I doing something wrong? Controls work if directly programmed in FSUIPC

No, that database lacks most of the new features added in B31 (meaning the real ARINC 424 specs) and it is not even possible to make a converter between the two formats. For a single try, you can buy a single dataset for about 9€.

As for the joysticks, I do not understand what you want to achieve. The joysticks must be set in my software using FMGS Config tool. So called FSUIPC axis will not be detected by that software, as it directly reads joystick data from windows.

JL

Yes, I've saved the joystick settings with FMGS config tool but my joystick, throttle and rudder pedals are not operational in p3d. Have I missed a step?

First, you should use FSXconnect software instead of FSUIPCconnect.
    Second, you should, even more, start the software suite using FSXstarter which is the preferred way to be sure to start all the required software.

25+ Posting Member

Jeehell, no i did not run ND on Server PC to Check if there is a Problem in the network. Not so easy, i didn't install that Module there.

Well it's not so easy for me to debug from a couple thousands miles from your computer... Installing the new module is quite easy, you just need to copy the ND folder from the ND computers to the Server computer and run ND.exe manually.

JL

Hi all,

There is a new update available, either through auto update or with a full installer:
    http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B31.3.exe
    Those having hard times with navdata, I STRONGLY suggest doing a full reinstall using the installer package.

Regards,
    JL

Ah thanks Jeehell, I will make the one off purchase for the navdatapro tonight and will try running fsconnect and not the FSUIPC connect program . The reason I didn't use fsx starter was because when the navdb exe program opens it reports an error and I get a loop error message. I also have FSX installed in addition to P3D - does the scenery.cfg in the navdb directory need editing?

For terrain data. - can I import .dem files from prosim or is it a different file format?

Ps The first start user guide needs updating - I was initially confused with the nav data / level d requirements.

Thanks again for for the software, can't wait to test it out in the skies!

Did some more testing today ---

I made the NavDataPro purchase -- make sure you create a C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare directory or your downloaded nav data won't install! I downloaded it with the aerosoft interface about five times before figuring it out -- you would have thought the Aerosoft program should autocreate the directory but no....

Joystick is having trouble utilizing my jetmax 737 throttle, or ACE yoke -- it configures okay, but doesn't function in P3D...funny thing -- I plug in a xbox controller and it reads and functions fine. I guess boeing hardware and airbus software were never meant to work together

Is there anyway to enable and save antialiasing? I save the settings and restart the program but the changes don't apply?

Can anyone recommend a sound pack for the iFDG aircraft included in this excellent project? Thank you...I'm sold on the airbus. My boeing hardware will be going for sale soon.

Hi,

Yes you're not the first one with issues so far regarding the navdata installation. Did you just update with auto update or did you use the full package? As I added the directory creation in the package, just to know if it worked or not?

jetmax throttle and ACE yoke: I do not know how those work?? Maybe P3D (or even FSUIPC, I do not know) has a direct link to them and prevent access from other software? Are they considered as regular joysticks? You can try to completely disable joysticks/controllers in P3D directly (my soft reads hardware values directly from the computer, no layer in between).

To add antialiasing: select the level of AA you want (4x is enough), then right after it tells you to "restart to take into account the new setting" you need to do right click->"save" (doesn't matter if it s as normal or XFR position).

For the soundpack, there was one posted by Daniele "Immaging" in one of the threads here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a22dq7ux3m...Systems_V2.rar

Welcome in the A320 community

JL