Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Arduino mega 2560, mastercard OC, SIOC and tons of basic, essential questions

But you could turn the analogue gauges into their own windows in FSPS.

10+ Posting Member

Re: Arduino mega 2560, mastercard OC, SIOC and tons of basic, essential questions

Quote Originally Posted by Avro748 View Post
    But you could turn the analogue gauges into their own windows in FSPS.
    what's FSPS? i can only undock glass displays as tiburon stated.

You would have to learn how to use the PMDG SDK's and even then I doubt if you can get the full functionality of the cockpit.
    No gauges, only the displays. I don't think it's possible to extract the code from PMDG to interface your hardware steam gauges.
    thanks for making that clear. i think i understand that now. basically, with PMDG, i cant make physical guages or instruments. whereas, prosim is purpose built for cockpit builders. so im guessing project magenta does the same thing as prosim? if so, which is better?

300+ Forum Addict

Yes, Poject Magenta does the same thing. I have Prosim myself and it's awesome. Not only all the systems of your aircraft but also an instructor station where you can configure all situations and failures of your flight.Don't know about Project Magenta, it's been around much longer but always was way too expensive. Of course, Prosim nowadays is also very expensive but totally worth it.

FSPS = FS Panel Studio. It's an alternative to notepad for editing Panel.cfgs. It allows you to do many things, one of them being to create windows and place gauges in them. Unless you like Notepad's trial and error philosophy, FSPS is worth the money.

10+ Posting Member

Yes, Poject Magenta does the same thing. I have Prosim myself and it's awesome. Not only all the systems of your aircraft but also an instructor station where you can configure all situations and failures of your flight.Don't know about Project Magenta, it's been around much longer but always was way too expensive. Of course, Prosim nowadays is also very expensive but totally worth it.
    thanks a lot for the info. being a noob i had no idea what the main difference was between prosim and pmdg. i thought all the home cockpit builders were using PMDG. now i see why you cant.
    so you have first hand experience of prosim. it sounds pretty cool. they way you put it, makes it sound really enticing. im going to be looking into it. how far along are you in building your cockpit?

Quote Originally Posted by Avro748 View Post
    FSPS = FS Panel Studio. It's an alternative to notepad for editing Panel.cfgs. It allows you to do many things, one of them being to create windows and place gauges in them. Unless you like Notepad's trial and error philosophy, FSPS is worth the money.
    so can you undock any instrument panel after using this software to edit panel.cfg?
    secondly, i friend built a pretty decent computer. GTX 660Ti, 16Gb ram and what not. he connected 4 LED displays. 1080P. the frame rate is unbelievably horrible. so my question is, when you undock so many panels, and use multiple displays, wont that severely affect your FPS?

It can, but as long as your computer is powerful enough, and you use the venetubo fix, it won't be noticeable. Also, PMDG's 2d panel gauges are very high res, and should look almost real. I am not incredibly far into my cockpit, all I have is half of my overhead panel, and I don't even have most of the outputs done. All but two of the inputs are done on that panel. Almost all of the cockpit is planned in autocad and sketchup though, so once I can get back to the project, it should move pretty quickly.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

this might be an old thread but I felt a few bits of information are missing.

1. Leo bodnar boards are ok for inputs but don't expect them to work so well with encoders I have had no end of trouble and there support is zero. I have send many emails to Leo and had zero replys.
    2. Arduino cards can work with FSX take a look http://www.jimspage.co.nz/Link2fs_Multi.htm for info his sim uses all Arduino kit.
    3. prosim737 looks good but its £650 euros so bear that in mind too however I is good ad does simplify connections

10+ Posting Member

You probably have most of your answers but just to let you know, I am hopefully going to complete a 737NG cockpit using Aruduino. I have three set up so far. One each for the CDU, FWD Overhead and the MIP. Using FSUIPC, I assigned switches to keystrokes to mouse macros, then assigned the same keystroke in Jimz program with the Arduino. sounds like a long way round but it worked for me. I managed to use 58 inputs on one card. Arduino, as far as I can see
    I have my Brother-in-law working om the PMDG extractions for the LEDs and he has almost got it!
    Am I right in assuming PROSIM737 is 600Euro? That ain't cheap!

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

yer would love to get it all working with pmdg but the background work is hard going. i have currently a leo bodnar board running the switches on the cdu via a program called LINDA V1.13 and I'm about to start work on the encoders via the arduino card and jims multifs program. i like the prosim 737 and have seen it running on a friends sim but the price is a little high at the mo. (if i can get the encoders to work and then the pmdg might just be possible to do with everything home built which is what im looking for.

BTW i have an empty garage to build my sim in so this is in prep for that. Making sure systems work and build a plan before starting any major construction

10+ Posting Member

LINDA is great! It's a pitty I can't use LINDA with the Arduino Mega. Would save lots of work!

Isaid in my first post I used 58 inputs on the Arduino. It's actually 68. One short of a full CDU unfortunately.

I too am building a room in my garage. The wood and plasterboard arrived yesterday. Now to try and build a few walls!!!
    Good luck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast