Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Problem with MATROX and FSX full screen

Hello
    I have some questions regarding the use of FSX in full screen mode with a Matrox TH card and two other monitors. (See photo 1)

Photo 1
    Far left: main tower PC Zalman machine assembled by PRENIUM PC (very good!), next COMPAQ laptop (PC2) and the extreme right an assembled PC (PC3): see below configuration)

I am currently in windowed mode, but I'm a little disappointed by the performance of FSX (in terms of FPS: average 20, 18.5 if I give up SLI) due to the machine that I put behind .... but I read that the full screen mode is less demanding
    Switching from windowed mode to full screen make unusable screens 2 and 3 of the Matrox (see photo 2). In addition, the new display views remains confined to my main display (ASUS screen ... see description below).

Photo 2
    In addition I will soon bring in the VRInsight CDU II which will also propably cause problem of full screen (I just return the CDU OpenCockpits is falsely sold as compatible with FSX PMDG 747 ...)

What is the procdure/tricks/cfg edition knowing that the expected output is as follows:

• Main Display: Monitor 1 (display 2): ASUS VW1925+ (1680x1050) on DVI / VGA connector - INSTRUMENTS (and future CDU II)

• Matrox MTH2Go: Monitors 2 (display 1): 3x PHILIPS Brillance231B 24 inches (but limited to 1680x1050x3) control bezel works well, brings all 3 22 inches, not annoying) on ​​DVI TO VIEW OUTSIDE COCKPIT
    • Monitor 3 (display3) ViewSonic VA2216w (1680x1050) on USB-DVI-VGA converter - FOR OVERHEAD PANEL

Both cards are NVIDIA SLI (only connectors on the map above are functional, hence the use of USB adapter) - Driver Updated

Thank you for your advice

Philippe
    --------------------------------------------------
    CONFIGURATION:

MAIN PC
    Internal components
    Gigabyte X79-UD3
    Intel Core i7-3930K
    Water-cooling System Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    16GoDDR3 pc17000 2133MHz G.Skill RipjawsX Gaming series (in 4x4096) Dual / Quad-Channel
    2 x Nvidia Geforce GTX-760 OC-Edition 2GoDDR5 (Gigabyte Windforce) in SLI
    7.1 The Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Express card
    Case Zalman Z11 USB3.0 + 3 more 120mm fans.
    Power Supply GX-750W Bronze Cooler Master.
    Samsung SSD 840 Series 250GB SATA III
    Hard Drive 1000GB SATA3-600 Western Digital Caviar Black 64MB cache =
    LG 24x DVD Burner double layer s-ata
    Windows Seven Home Premium 64bit

And software localization

• Primary PC: FSX PMDG 747/FSUIPC, ACTIVE SKY 2012 - Hardware: Saitek Yoke PILOTPRO, 2x SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT SAITEK RADIO PANEL CP FLIGHT MCP, CH PROPEDALS
    • PC2 (Windows Seven Home Premium 64bit) Squawkbox, Flightcommander, Topcat, Navigraph
    • PC3 (Vista Ultimate 64 ... nicely working for the last 7 years ....) and miscellaneous Vatspy

and obviously Input Director on each machine

75+ Posting Member

Re: Problem with MATROX and FSX full screen

I can give you a little advice (it's more like encouragement than specific advice). I have one PC running a dual graphics card. One output goes to single monitor and one output goes to TH2G. My single monitor holds auxillary programs. My TH2G feeds 3 27 inch monitors and it displays a single cockpit view stretched over the three monitors. When I start FSX I have to drag the cockpit view "up" to the three monitors and maximize it (not full screen just maximized. I spent hours of frustration to get it to work but finally got it OK. I have not tried to "remove" the monitor bezel effect because it caused problems. I experimented with telling the Matrox to display on the three monitors but it didn't work. With lots of tweeking, I get 20fps with complex scenery.

I'm getting a new video card with ability to run 4 monitors and getting rid of my Matrox in next few weeks.

But with perseverence and lots of frustration, you can get the TH2G to work.

Re: Problem with MATROX and FSX full screen

Quote Originally Posted by NedHamilton View Post
    I can give you a little advice (it's more like encouragement than specific advice). I have one PC running a dual graphics card. One output goes to single monitor and one output goes to TH2G. My single monitor holds auxillary programs. My TH2G feeds 3 27 inch monitors and it displays a single cockpit view stretched over the three monitors. When I start FSX I have to drag the cockpit view "up" to the three monitors and maximize it (not full screen just maximized. I spent hours of frustration to get it to work but finally got it OK. I have not tried to "remove" the monitor bezel effect because it caused problems. I experimented with telling the Matrox to display on the three monitors but it didn't work. With lots of tweeking, I get 20fps with complex scenery.

I'm getting a new video card with ability to run 4 monitors and getting rid of my Matrox in next few weeks.

But with perseverence and lots of frustration, you can get the TH2G to work.
    Thanks Ned. Without tweaks, I reach 20 fps average on complex scenery too. May be I have to feel satisfied with that. In only use 2D cockpit with PMDG: actually windowed. What I do is detaching the outside wiew and strech it over the monitors on Matrox. I detach the overhead panel to put it on the top monitor and I keep basic flight instruments at their (almost) normal place on the lower monitor. As you noticed I have 2 NVIDIA GTX 760 mounted as SLI.... If I give up the SLI to keep matrox on its own GC, I free some ports but I reduce a bit the fps (not too much in average, but limited in the high numbers..) and I do not know if my GC(s) is(are) capable to do the work of matrox...I tried to oped the cockpit view on the central matrox, then maximized then try full screen: just a mess (all screnns blinking then alll black...). I keep on searching (for a while... I can live with 20-25 fps but probably will regret the 5000 EUR I put in the new set-up... At least as far fsx is concerned. Of course, with new generation games, the machine is a "bomb"! The new PSX (successor of PS1) will come up one day but I could not wait so I keep to PMDG (and probably my cockpit hardware will become useless if I decide to shift...)Anyway, thanks again for your interest and help. Best regards. Philippe (I cannot change paragraph, normal?)