Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member Mickey_Techy's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FS2Phidget doesn't populate index's for LED 64

Been trying to get my Phidget LED-64 Advanced board to interface with FS2Phidget for last few days, but, ostensibly, there is some critical step I'm missing.

I'm using ver 4.3.86 of FS2Phidgets and when I test the program with built in emulator, it works quite fine.
    However, when I physically connect my LED-64 board, thought it recognizes the board, but the component list doesn't get populated. A picture of how it looks to me as as shown below:-

FS2P4_Pic1.png

As you can see, FS2Ph is recognizing my FSX installation, my FSUIPC installation and is also friendly to the Phidget drivers installed. It even recognizes my board, but the components list is totally empty.

I have also included a picture, while testing out the built in emulator.
    FS2P4_Pic2.png

Please help/advice. What vital piece of procedure am I missing.

Thank you all, in anticipation.
    Mickey 'AviaScorp' Sharma
    My Pit blog at http://aviascorpmusing.blogspot.in/

Re: FS2Phidget doesn't populate index's for LED 64

Request/question for Coconut Air,

Searching through the forums posts, I came across an "old" post from this thread.

I quote,

Quote Originally Posted by CocnutAir View Post

Upgrading to any version was a waste of time. No version of Fs2Phidgets supports PhidgetsLED Adavanced.
    Not yet.
    Alan, could you "please" confirm if the above statement is still true. I'm using 1032_Phidgets_LED64_Advanced board, with FS2Ph Ver 4.3.86

Is this board supported on this version of FS2Ph.

Regards,

Forums admins, veteran users, anybody?
    Not a single suggestion, advice, offer of help!

I have always found hobby pit builders to be a helpful community.

builder

The yellow and the text on the Phidget Manager indication shows you have latest Phidget driver installed, but software is expecting earlier version. I will send you an updated version that is built against latest driver. Will send as response to PM you sent me. Latest version also supports FSUIPC virtual joystick buttons. i.e. can assign Phidget digital input to an FSUIPC virtual joystick button. Looks like you have an expectation of getting a response from forums within 24 hours. Pressing a lot of buttons when you don't. I can understand your eagerness to make progress on your project but this is a hobby for most people and not a support center with guaranteed service levels. I have just come out of hospital and looking for work. Between doctor's appointments and job interviews I answer this forum as soon as I can. Being a nice guy I dropped what I was doing and took care of you.

builder

Sent you updated software.

The yellow and the text on the Phidget Manager indication shows you have latest Phidget driver installed, but software is expecting earlier version............
    Actually, I did notice that, but since it wasn't colored in red, I disregarded that information.

.............I will send you an updated version that is built against latest driver...............
    Thank you Sir.

..................Looks like you have an expectation of getting a response from forums within 24 hours. Pressing a lot of buttons when you don't. I can understand your eagerness to make progress on your project but this is a hobby for most people and not a support center with guaranteed service levels...........
    My bad. I accept, and humbly apologize.

.............I have just come out of hospital and looking for work. Between doctor's appointments and job interviews I answer this forum as soon as I can. Being a nice guy I dropped what I was doing and took care of you.
    ...am really feeling humbled now. I have no words to express how I feel.
    Do take care, wish you get well soon.

Sent you updated software.
    Copy that.

Will report how it goes!

Many thanks, again!

Tested out with the updated version created by Coconut Air.

The issue of compatibility with latest Phidget driver is now sorted out. But, certain newer issues have now manifested themselves.

Firstly, as soon as I start FS2Ph, the FS2Ph process crashes within the first 4 seconds (I know it from a notification I receive from a program called 'Soluto', which monitors such stuff), but the GUI still remains on screen.

The Phidget control panel detects my LED-64 correctly, as shown below:-

When I double click on the board, to launch its UI, I can see various adjustable properties of the board, as shown below:-

Like I mentioned above, even though I get a caution that FS2Ph has crashed, but the GUI still keeps running. A picture of GUI is as shown:-

The GUI tells me, it's now happy with the Phidget driver. It also tells me that no Phidget is attached to the computer, while it actually is. As a matter of fact, the GUI also detects the LED64, it's just not showing it. I discovered it by clicking in the space marked with red circle. I have assigned two LEDs at index 0 & 1 to certain variables. After I click in the blank space, I'm able to see these assignments. A picture of my desktop is attached below:-

The digital outputs shown above are not enabled, and the options to enable them are grayed out:-

I repeated the above process a few times, including after restarting my computer a couple of times, but the results are repeatedly fairly consistently. On one occasion, I waited on the GUI for about 5 minutes, and I could see my LED board in the list of Phidgets, but I still couldn't "enable" it.

Also, I have noticed, with FS2Ph running, it seems to take control of LED UI from Phidget Driver Control Panel. With FS2Ph running, one can't change the properties of individual LEDs through it UI (I can understand that, since I think, this can now be accomplished from within FS2Ph). A combined picture of all the GUI/UI's running is as shown:-

If there is any other information I need to provide, please do let me know.

Regards,

Mickey

Edit: For some reason, the pictures are not showing as a part of the post, but as links to attachments. Atleast on my computer, I was able to view them in a separate browser tab/window.

Edit-2: Uploaded picture to an online photo-repository and edited this post to include links to these pictures. Hopefully, the pictures should now be visible to other forum users.

builder

I cannot see links. I get error: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. Also when I enter this quick reply the return key does not produce new line. Hence, the continuous text. Matt move admin of this web site offshore. Since then has had problems.

builder

send me you Fs2Phidget log file. <inserted bunch of spaces to format this> This file is in your FS2Phidget folder. Filename is Fs2Phidget.log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast