25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lost Sceneryfiles on load up

Hi,
    I have recently downloaded some mega scenery of Washington state USA. This is fine except I needed to remove some to retain some space until a much larger SSD was aquired. This has now come and is up and running. I have re installed the scenery files which I removed and they appear to be K when flying except one. However when I start MSFSX just before it has loaded it says that a list of files is missing.
    How do I correct this. Do I dump the existin cfg file and sfx makes up a new one or will I lose some settings n doing this ?

Any help very welcome

Thank you

David

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Lost Sceneryfiles on load up

Hello David,

It sounds to me like your scenery.cfg file is confused and has bad or invalid entry's. I have seen this issue myself in some cases when adding or removing scenery a blank entry can get added causing the error. Or the sequential order of scenery gets mis-numbered in the CFG. Before beginning to correct this I would notate the scenery numbers from the errors so you can identify which ones are the culprit.

You will notice that FSX places a scenery.cfg file in many locations, but the one you want to look at is housed under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX (thats a win7 path btw).

Open up the cfg file from the above path, first I would scroll to the bottom and if you have a blank entry I would delete it. You also want to check the numbering and sure each area is sequentially numbered.

Have a look at this:
    Add on scenery error pop up on FSX start up - SimForums.com Discussion

I hope this gets you started on a path to correct the errors. If you cannot correct the errors based on my post, please share with me your scenery.cfg file and I can take a look.

Thanks,
    SimAviator13