Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 30

Hi

Do you use the keyboard shortcuts for the flaps?

JL

25+ Posting Member

Yes, i use f6 and f7 for the flaps.
    on the ewd i see thats the flaps moving.

Edit: I have change the controls to the joystick and now it works great.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JL,

currently I have PC1 where JL server runs on, and PC2 where all other JL modules are running (incl. OVHD, Sound etc.) which works fine.

As I introduced a third PC now (having Radar Contact, Flight Keeper etc.), my plan was to move the JL Sound module on this PC3. I installed only the sound module on PC3 using the JL installer, added the server IP there and also set the sound module to NO in starter.ini of PC2.

The sound module on PC3 does connect to the server, but it does not play any sound. Is there anything I missed?

Thanks
    Stefan

Hi

@Beret: Ok great the joystick switches solved your issue. I know this is not a great solution, but I had several issues maintaining the FS shortcuts... I'll look for a way to make keyboard keys work later (after current work on navdata).

@Stefan: you do not run the sound module on the server PC at the same time as the one on PC3?
    Last time I checked sounds worked on a remote computer, I'll check that when I have the time to do so.

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi

@Stefan: you do not run the sound module on the server PC at the same time as the one on PC3?
    Last time I checked sounds worked on a remote computer, I'll check that when I have the time to do so.

JL
    Hi JL,

no, it's not running on server, and it was running fine on PC2 which is also a remote one. I will double check and maybe reinstall on PC3.

Thanks
    Stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

hi JL,
    noticed today 2 details in your fmgs and wanted to ask your opinion about them:
    1) if choosing conf 3 (not full) from mcdu app page the ecam memo still ask me for flaps full...if i select flaps 3 the ecam memo is still blue...did i experience this?
    2) after landing i wanted to try just some circuits for training but noticed that if after completing a flight i keep engines running and try to program again the mcdu...the init B page of course is not available due to eng running....the zfw and zfw cg can be entered in the fuel pred page (totally correct) but there's no way to get F, S and O speed displayed since their values stay blanked in the mcdu.
    is this the correct behaviour?? couldn't find reference for this in the FCOM because not entirely read i mean if i just want to do some training after a flight do i have to shut engines to have a complete programmed mcdu?
    all the best
    fil

Hi Fil,

1) Did you try the LDG CONF 3 button on the OVHD panel?
    2) If you want to play with the MCDU, it is best to do it with engines off and EXT PWR ON.
    There are ways to reprogram the MCDU with engines running but this is not the correct way to do it.

Regards,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

ouch!!!!! the landing conf 3 on the overhead!!!!! ok...feel free to call me stupid
    ...i'm still a boeing man...have a lot to learn
    sorry jl...
    about mcdu: of course what i was talking about is just a training related thing...i was just guessing if when training in the sim pilots need to shut engines of before reprigramming the cdu.
    anyway i'll investigate about this next time i'll go to alitalia training center now trying to have the opportunity to ride one of their 320 sim
    thanks a lot jl
    fil

Hi JL,

I noticed something which I dont really understand. If you turn off all FLT computers all protections are gone and you are in direct mode. So there is shouldnt be any FBW, correct? No roll limit, no auto pitch, no auto rudder ... nothing. Pretty much like clicking "disable FBW" in your software? (Except that this really cuts off my joystick inputs)
    I wonder because if you bank to lets say 70deg the elevator starts pumping up and down in direct mode. Same as in "normal" FBW mode (which is probably also not 100% the real deal but understandable due to your control laws in these "extreme" roll angles. But I thought you do provide direct input when all FLT comps are OFF. So where is the elevator pumping coming from?
    Nothing to worry but I would like to know/understand

And I really tried to reproduce an error. Sometimes I manage that I cant get managed mode after takeoff. I guess this has something to do with the order of entering SID, waypoints and STAR and weather you delete anything in between or you use the TEMP mode... I didnt figured it out, yet. Can anybody confirm this strange behaviour?
    YES... Flex temp, Vee's etc is set correctly.

It has to do with "HOW" you enter your F-PLAN on the FPLN page... any idea or confirmation from anybody?

Looking forward!

Regards,
    Robert

Hi Rob,

Are you sure you are in Direct Law and not Alternate LAw? in alternate law, there is still a gload law on the elevator.

As for managed mode after takeoff, I can only guess that for some reason the acft does not go in takeof mode but stays in preflight mode. Why, usually it has to do with the THR LVR not in FLX or TOGA?

JL