Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 27

Hi JL,

here is the screenshot of the only crash I encountered so far with 27.1. I think it popped up with the changed the ND range with ALL waypoints visible.
    What have you changed in the new update?

question regarding a logic thing: during rejected TO the spoiler go up and the AC brakes automatically when you set the throttles back to idle. But the DECEL korry only comes alive when you activate reverse thrust. Is that the real deal on the real AC? I would assume it comes on right when you idle the throttles and the AC brakes, totally independent of reverse thrust.

Cheers,
    RobND_crash.PNG

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

The new update changed the communication on the network.
    On a RTO, and even after landing, the DECEL light comes ON only if the ABrakes are activated and the actual deceleration is above a threshold. It can take a couple seconds before that threshold is reached...

Cheers,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    HI,

@Stefan: can you try running FS with the minimum settings? i.e. no addons, graphics settings really reduced and FPS target at around 30fps?

JL
    Hi,

I have made a lot of tests in the meantime, the last one was with: no scenery addons, graphics settings to "very low", no weather, no AI traffic, fps locked to 25 (as already always before), no EGPWS etc.

Unfortunately my problem persists, from time to time having legs of several seconds. My network traffic is always < 1% (it was around 10% last week, did you change something in that area? It looks like the update from the weekend has improved that).

My overall CPU performance on the server PC is around 55%. The first core has 100% (as FS9 is running there and cannot be split to several cores), the other 3 cores have each around 40 to 50%. I also moved the FMGS Server process to cores 2-4, but this did not make any change.

I have also made a test with disabling the Windows Firewall, but the problem persisted. I even had the impression that the lags were happening more often and lasted longer in this case. I will try another test without firewall once more soon to check if that happened just by accident or if this is always the case.

Network and CPU traffic always remained the same during the lags, there were no peaks. I also ran a permanent ping on both PCs, pinging the other PC all the time, the response times were <= 1 ms always. Maybe I could use a network analysis tool like Wireshark or Colasoft Capsa to get more into detailed network traffic analysis?

Thanks
    Stefan

300+ Forum Addict

Hi JL
    My feedback after last update:
    All my issues mentioned at #2 post are solved! BUT there is lag 2-3 seconds at MCDU and CPFlight FCU and frame loss on avionics and FS itself. It's difficult to complete a flight leg.

10+ Posting Member

Dear Jeehell

With ver. 27 I experienced problems with the F/O MCDU flickering. The CAPT MCDU works is fine. Is there are setting I could change? What information would you need to investigate further?

Thank you very much for all your work with this great software.

Best, Arie

t

Hi,

I had a computer crash sorry for the last days not being able to asnwer.

@Stefan: never ever force the software on a prticular cores, you have to let them decide which core(s) is(are) the best for them. Also, FPS around 30 is best I think.

@Leonidas: can you try to check if not using hardware connect improves the loss of FPS on FS? did you lock FS FPS? if not, do it at around 30fps.

@Dufour01: Do you run CPT and FO MCDU on the same computer?

Regards,
    JL

Hi JL,

welcome back
    Have you changed anything on the FBW from 26 to 27? I cant really tell but I noticed some issues with the current version. Example:
    trimmed leveled flight --> pure sidestick input to bank up to ~ 25°. All fine. But when you now smoothly increase the pitch, the bank also increases and even leaves the 33° range.

and

sometimes if I do really really minor inputs in pitch, the initial pitch reaction of the AC is inverse to stickinput. Thats only the case for really small stick inputs and if I increase the stick input the AC goes in the correct direction. No joystick axis set in FSX. Neutral ranges at 2000. I am not sure but this effect might depent on the pitch/roll sensetivities one can define in AP.exe.

any clue or confirmation about these effects?

Thanks!!!!
    Rob

Hi Rob,

I will check that, but I haven't changed AP behaviour. Only G-load calculation is different, because in FSX I now use simconnect and no longer FSUIPC to retrieve gload. Do you use FSX with the new FSXconnect software?

JL

Hi,

yes... I use the new StarterFSX.exe . And I just retried it. Both issues remain. Roll/pitch sensetivity set at -17 for both. I might try the FSUIPC version this weekend to see if the issue persists.

Thanks alot!
    Great SW!

Rob

ok... just quickly tried the FSUIPC starter.exe. Same results. 25 deg roll combined with smooth and constant pitch up inputs leads to an increase of bank angle beyond 33deg. AND for small pitch down inputs the AC increase the climb rate. This behaviour is overruled with more pitch down stick input so at the end the AC goes in right direction. Really weird.

good night!

Rob

Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast