Page 56 of 81 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 29

Hi,

I did not change much apart from what I stated in my previous post. Mainly internal things (bugs and stuff like that).
    I will try to have a look at this TO inhibit thing, this is strange.

The overspeed warning cannot be silenced, as in the real acft.

I'll add the BRKFAN to the lights test list. if you find other lights which are not lit up...

Regards,
    JL

2. Likes adonismartinez liked this post

Great news, i will update this evening.

ps
    Yesterday i tried to update but i've "already up to date" . I noticed the "ILS APP" message was still always displayed.

Regards
    Antonio
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi,

I will try to have a look at this TO inhibit thing, this is strange.
    Can anybody please confirm my issue that TO INHIBIT remains on for the entire flight? Or please drop a line if you do not have the issue.

@JL, here are some thing in general not related with new B30:

- WPTs mode on EFIS still shows WPTs with reference of AC position, so when in PLAN mode you might not see any WPTs when further away from AC.
    - The estimated arrvial time to next WPT displayed on ND is incorrect and not updated correctly
    - when entering a flight plan the times given in the MCDU are very nervous/changing the values at the beginning...up to the point you remove the last disCon.
    - the position for TOC, TOD, DECEL etc. are not updated on ND when i.e. entering a direct and changing the FLTPLN
    - Batteries should discharge
    - APU should burn fuel

regarding b30: I tried an autoland. It did not crash but it did not touch down symetrically with both MLGs. Looked strange. Coincidence or did you touch the flare mode? And the 2 APs did not disconnect automatically after landing. Or is that due to my bug with T.O. inhibit which I had twice last night?

and an idea for two tools:

1. You use the GS/LOC data from X-plane. As you know this sometimes does not really match the position in FSX/FS9 very precise. I know some airports where the aircraft does not land any near to the centerline or you see an offset of the PAPI lights during approach. i guess you know the issue...
    So is it possible to create a simple tool where you can select the data of a runway/airport and slightly shift the the GS/LOC data to match it with the scenery? So i.e. you can enter a lateral shift of 50 meters left and 20 meters down the runway for the GS?? What do you think? Then the ILS really brings you down correctly.

2. Do you plan a sort of instructor station where you can load an aircraft state or a position relative to an airport for doing a quick approach... stuff like that?

Regards,
    Robert

Hi Robert,

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    Can anybody please confirm my issue that TO INHIBIT remains on for the entire flight? Or please drop a line if you do not have the issue.
    In my 2 flights i didn't have this problem (last version of B29).

regarding b30: I tried an autoland. It did not crash but it did not touch down symetrically with both MLGs. Looked strange. Coincidence or did you touch the flare mode? And the 2 APs did not disconnect automatically after landing. Or is that due to my bug with T.O. inhibit which I had twice last night?
    I tried an autoland on the rwy 34L at FCO and aircraft land very well.
    In wich airport did you test it ? (so i can test the same condition)

2. Do you plan a sort of instructor station where you can load an aircraft state or a position relative to an airport for doing a quick approach... stuff like that?
    This is a good idea!
    But i think solve bug is the priority now
    P3D V5 HF1 - PC spec: Intel i5-6600K, 16 GB DDR4 2400, GPU Nvidia GTX1070ti, M2 SSD NVme, JH FMGS, GSX, ASP3D+ASCA+ENVSHADE

ah... I forgot one thing in my previous post. Regarding the light test: How about including the FCU/EFIS in the light test. So you read the eights on every display and all lights are on? As far as I know thats the real deal.
    regards
    Robert

@ asessa: Thanks for your feedback. I did not have the TO inhibit thing in B29... but after install of B30. So I refere to B30 not B29.
    Regarding autoland -> weird. In my case the ACFT always crashed during landing in B29. Last night I gave it a try with B30 and it did not crash but it looked abit strange. Thanks anyways.

Ah ok, i will update to B30 this evening so tomorow i will report you
    Regardings autoland : did you set all in APPR PHASE page in mcdu ?

Hi

@Antonio: the ILS APP message is displayed as long as an ILS approach is entered in the FPLN, whether you actually are in APP phase or not.

@Rob:
    Yes most of these little bugs are already on my list of things to correct.
    Regarding the tool to update the database: this is an interesting idea, but I need to think about it to make it right.
    As for the instructor station, I already thought about it of course. But I'm not rushing things in that direction, because having a fully functionnal instructor station means people would use my software in a professional environment and I do not want that to happen.

The autoland issue is weird. Did you have any X-wind? as for AP not disconnecting, I suspect it is linked to the TO inhibit. The FMGS did not transition from TO to CLB mode it seems. It could be a bug. How did you perform your takeoff? FDs on and SRS and RWY TRK green on the FMA?

The FCU should be in the test mode sequence. What hardware do you use for the FCU?

regards,
    JL

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi

@Antonio: the ILS APP message is displayed as long as an ILS approach is entered in the FPLN, whether you actually are in APP phase or not.

regards,
    JL
    JL, i think this is not correct.
    I'm not very sure but ILS APP message could be showed only when APPR PHASE is active and an ILS approach was choose.

I searched for that a lot in different manuals, and I'm 99% sure this is not related to FMGS phase but only FPLN entry.