Never ever give up!
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 29

Hi to all

Additionally, as I'm new here and to share my experience:

My system is more a A320/340 - Cessna hybrid than a specific type.

A320FMGS B29 (last update), fsuipc 4.827

System:
    1 Pentium4 Laptop with W2k and A320FMGS-CMCDU, 1 external OC-MCDU, IOCKeysDriver,
    1 Pentium4 Laptop with W2k and A320FMGS-CPFD and -CND (as the ND is too slow, I get it via tightVNC Client from the MainPC as workaround, the rate is faster),
    1 Pentium4 Laptop with W2k and A320FMGS-SD,-EWD,-STBY and -FND,
    1 PC CoreQuad Q8300 with w7/32Bit with A320FMGS-OVHD on two touch monitors, GForce GT620,
    1 MainPC i7-3930k with w7/64Bit with A320FMGS-Server,-FPFD,-CND (transfered via tightVNC Server), FSX on three touch monitors, GForce GT220 and GT520
    with the following USB HW connected:
    1 FCU from CPflight, 7 Goflight modules, 1 selfmade (sm) tiller, 2 Logitech Attack3 sidestick, 1 sm speedbrake, 1 sm flaphandle, 1 sm parkbrake,
    1 modified thrustmaster pedals, 2 modified saitek thrust quadrants,
    1 fscockpit ECAM panel and 1 fscockpit RMP with drivers, 1 OC-ATC/TCAS panel, 1 OC-USBOutputCard with SIOC 4.01 driving selfmade Ruddertrim display,
    GFdisplay driving lights of Goflight modules and selfmade EngineStart and RTO-Autobrake panels,
    Outer views:
    7 Pentium4 Laptop with W2k, FS2004 (better framerates), Wideview
    additional Support:
    1 Pentium4 Laptop with WinVista, moving maps, WOL-SW to start all computers remotely.
    2 wireless Keyboards and 3 manual USB-Switch to share the keyboards with all the laptops.
    1 Wired keyboard for emergency if nothing goes on anymore with wireless

The system was grown over years with old laptops which had their best days before and were out of service.
    Generally, communication between all HW and SW works quite well, but the CND runs fluently only with the workaround.
    Startup and properly shutdown with all the computers takes some time.
    The advantage of the number of PCs, each of them does not have to calculate too much.
    Today I would take only 2 Fast PCs due to the complexity.

A320FMGS B29 is very valuable to connect all the necessary systems, thanks to JL!

Regards Rémy

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi Rémy,

Welcome onboard.

Regarding your initial post on the auto brake buttons: the offset should work, I will check that anyway when I have some time.
    However, please note the three buttons will only have an effect when the brake is working correctly, that implies having hydraulic power on G and Y systems and also turning ON the A/SKID toggle switch (located just next to the A/BRK switches on the real acft).

Regards,
    JL

Never ever give up!

Hi JL
    Thanks for the answer. To be more precise, all systems are on, engines running and auto brake (ab) is working fine e.g. ab is max showing blue light and RTO corresponds to that. But if I change the offset state in fsuipc to ab low, your panel remains on ab max. Also if I change on your panel to e.g. ab med, the state of FSUIPC offset 78ED does not change.

Maybe I use the 4 states of offset wrongly. As I understand 78ED can have the parameters 29,30,31 or 32 (or the corresponding HEX) and a change within your panel should change the parameter, does it?

Regards Rémy

Edit 26.05.13:
    Thanks JL for your hints. Finally the use of the offsets was correct and they work, I did not start the hardware connect automatically on the Test PC. I did not realized, that it is also important for the connection, and that it is not enough only to have the fsuipc connection.
    Now it works fine and I can drive the A/BRK from the external device.
    Regards Rémy

Hi Rémy,

The offset 78ED is only used for the switch input. To read the actual LED state, for the autobrake you need to use offsets 7393 and 7394.

The general principle:
    -Each time you push (to switch it either ON or OFF, it is a momentary switch) an A/BRK button, you put the value of that button in offset 78ED.
    - If an A/BRK level is ON, it will be indicated by one of the bits of offset 7393 or 7394.
    - The decel light is triggered on one bit only (7393 bit N°5), it's up to you to assign it to the correct button (the one which is ON).

Regards,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all,
    since I have rebuild my systems from scratch, I have the a.floor problem directly after the start on the runway when pushing the thrust lervers to the maximum position. No weather engines running. All systems working fine. Does somebody have clue? Could it be something with joystick configuration?

Regards
    Stefan

Hi,

I would need more information on the conditions it is happening. A.FLOOR can only be triggered when airborne normally?

JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi JL,

In the latest version of fmgs I found some bugs in SD Display and PFD display.
    - In SD. When I turn off the autopilot status page indicates AP Fail. It is not correct right? because it is not a fault.
    - In the PFD. I have problems to get the correct display for the autoland, I always an indication of CAT 1, even if all systems are active. my problem? Using FS2004, and in approaching airports assisted in CAT3 I CAT I always see 1. But the category is not decided by the instrumentation A320?
    Hope that help, or if it depends on one of my settings wrong.

Thank you very much

Daniele

Hello Daniele,

- If you disconnect the AP using the AP button on the FCU, then it is considered as a failure, because it is not the normal way to disconnect the AP/FBW. You need to disconnect AP using the AP T/O button on the side stick.
    - Do you have an ovhd on a remote computer? if so it should be corrected in next version.

Regards,
    JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi JL,

Yes I have 2 pc, 1 for fs9-ect,etc. 1 for OVH-SD-EWD-And CPT panel.
    Tanks, set the AP on the Joy ( Over-Take Button , yes?).
    For the CAT problem , start the OVHD Mudule on FS-PC, Correct?

Many tanks for all.

Daniele

For the AP takeover, the best solution is to go in FMGS Config then Joystick buttons. Then select AP TO in the list.
    For the CAT issue, I will probably release a new version very soon with the fix. Otherwise you can indeed run the OVHD on the FS PC.

Regards,
    JL