Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 27

Hello JL,

I have the same problems like Stefan. Over the whole time there is a delay of about 5 seconds. The rotary's do not feel smooth.My network traffic is still between 30% and 80% with 100MB Network. It is the same problem with Win7 and Win XP. The 1GBit Network has 23% that works fine. I'am standing at the Gate in LSZH and do nothing, but the network traffic is on 80%. Why?

regards Micha

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

HI,

@Stefan: can you try running FS with the minimum settings? i.e. no addons, graphics settings really reduced and FPS target at around 30fps?

@Micha: the network traffic is not linked to the FMGS activity at all. All the data from the server and FS has to be transferred to remote clients. This means a lot of data (around 50kB every 40ms so around 1MB every seconds). I'm trying to reduce the amount of data (some data can be transferred with slower rates), but this is a long process...

JL

300+ Forum Addict

Hi
    I just finished a very succesfull LGTS/LGAV. After the November 2nd update (from my #2 post): 1,2,4 issues remain, but are all minor.
    I think this is the most stable and most fast version. For my point of view at least.
    Thank you

Hi all,

some POSITIVE feedback from my side: Just installed b27.1. Everything appears to be fine after the first flight. My current setup: all inputs attached to server PC, running FSX, OVHD, AP, CPT PFD and CPT ND. Client runs ECAMs, STBY and FO's PFD and ND. All display are smooth. No lag.

@ JL: a tiny logic bug for you --> when AC has no power the stick priority callouts are working. I guess in real life the AC would remain silent.

Cheers,
    Rob

75+ Posting Member

Hi JL,
    Good news! I changed my come plete network to 1 Gbit. Network traffic on Server 25% / Network traffic on 3 Client max 9%. I think the problem was the different network speeds. No connection problems, all works fine.

Big thanks for a great version B27.1.

I have another little problem. After takeoff I push the AP1 or AP2 Button to fly managed. When i do this, the Airbus climb with more than 7000Ft/min and goes in Stallspeed. I have this happens with every flight.

regards Micha

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of answers these past days, but the forum suffered various breakdowns. Apparently it is all back in order now.
    Meanwhile, there were updates available through the automatic updater, tell me how it worked out for you.

Regards,
    JL

75+ Posting Member

Hello JL,

well that the forum is working again. Even with the new update I have the same problem with delay.I noticed that both cores are utilized between 100% and 96% when running FSX. If I press a switch at 96%, it works without delay. I think it has nothing to do with the network traffic, but with the cpu utilization. I started the FSX all controller left 60%. After the FSX I started the Cockpit software, and the utilization was at 100%. If the fsx runs in the taskbar he use only 6% performance from the cpu, when I start the Cockpit software is the utilization immediately to 100%. Can it be that the Cockpit software almost 100% of the power needed? Currently I have a dual core 3GHz, it would be interesting how this behaves on a faster PC. With the new update I have the impression that the connection on the network works better. After update I have no disconnections. Will test it further.
    I hope, I can help you with these findings to solve the problem.

Regards,

Micha

25+ Posting Member

Hi all,

about these lagging issues. One of my computers is single core and it works just fine - not great but fine . I'm using FS9. Maybe the lagging is not FMGS related?

25+ Posting Member

Hi JL!

I'm not sure how to use FSUIPCmodule.dll located in "Hardware Modules"-Directory instead of WideClient.
    Beside SIOC code created with SIOCCreator, I wrote additional SIOC code for the ADIRS display using FSUIPC offsets.
    I run SIOC on a 2nd PC (not FS-PC). Everything created with SIOCCreator is working but accessing FSUIPC offests do not work.
    Only when I run WideClient, which should not be necessary, isn't it?
    Did I understand something wrong or could you explain what this library is for and how to use it?

Thx
    Christian

Hi,

Micha, what software is running on this computer exactly? Can you tell me how many % of CPU each take?
    The FMGS server and the ND both need quite a lot of CPU, if they are on the same computer it can be a problem. Also, if you have the ND on that computer, do not use the TERR ON ND features, this is very CPU consuming as well.
    I myself use a quadcore i7 @ 2.8GHz, and it can run ALL the software at the same time (CPT and ND) on 2 different screens. The number of screens is also a concern, it can increase CPU need.

@AUA171: FSUIPCmodule does not replace wideclient, nor does WideFMGS.
    - I wanted to remove as much FSUIPC references as possible to enhance performance in the I/O applications. But I do not want to replace it, it does very well what it does.
    - WideFMGS allows the data from FS and from my software to flow through the network without needing Wideclient to do that particularly. It does not propagate all the FSUIPC data for the sake of performance.
    - FSUIPCmodule is required if you want to use FSUIPC offsets to link hardware to my software (i.e. if you do not use FDS or Opencockpit boards). If you do not install it, the list of FSUIPC offsets published in the user guide will not work.
    - if you want to use FSUIPC offsets through the network (on a remote computers), that computers will NEED WideClient.
    - Unless you have troubles on the Main computer, I do recommend plugging all hardware on that computer to minimize network lag. If your computer cannot support FS/FMGS Server and SIOC at the same time, most likely it cannot support FS/FMGS Server only at the same time.

Cheers,
    JL

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast