Page 46 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 29

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    One thing also that makes me wonder: did you update through the updater or with the complete package?
    JL
    I made a clean installation to all PCs (Backup conf files, uninstall B.28, install B.29, restore conf files).

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

Ok so I will look at that.
    I'll be away for the next few days, so won't have time to work on that this weekend.
    The older B28.4 is still available if you really have issues: http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B28.4.exe

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

even after the latest update on B29, I am not able to arm the spoilers. I had assigned a joystick button on my throttle quadrant via the JL configuration tool, and this worked in B28. Anyone the same problem?

Another thing about ECAM control panel: When I press "ALL" on ECP, all possible screens are flowing through, but obviously I do not have the chance to revert back to the default page. When I press "ALL" and afterwards "ELEC" for example, I am getting the ELEC page, but when I press "ELEC" once more, the pages continue to flow through. Also another press on "ALL" does not help.

Thanks
    Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Regarding the spoilers, go back to FMGS Config -> joy buttons and reassign the joystick button to SPLRS ARM/DISARM using toggle feature.
    As for the ECAM ALL button, what hardware do you use to do it?

JL

Hi,

there is a small update available on the automatic updater. (should correct most unwanted A.FLOOR alters).

Cheers,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi Stefan,

Regarding the spoilers, go back to FMGS Config -> joy buttons and reassign the joystick button to SPLRS ARM/DISARM using toggle feature.
    As for the ECAM ALL button, what hardware do you use to do it?

JL
    Hi JL,

thanks, after assigning the different action, arming spoilers works again.

Regarding ECAM ALL: I am using Skalarki hardware. I already contacted Marcin about this, but he said I should first ask you about it.

Have also just done the automatic update: And now I am getting the windows error message "A320 Server: Invalid pointer operation" about every 20 seconds. Confirming this message with OK, everything runs back normal, but the message will appear again and disconnect the server from the client. Maybe anything to do with yesterday's update?

Thanks
    Stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all,

I have made a small video showing what I mean with "nervous autothrust". I am at FL270 (CRZ Lvl) and N1 is changing up and down:

nervous Autothrust at CRZ LVL with JL29 - YouTube

Thanks
    Stefan

Hi JL,

some feedback with latest online update:

#1 SPOILER ARM: Can anybody please check if it works properly with OC hardware and regular toogle switch. I need to put the switch back to (ON) in order to disarm the spoilers. Arming works fine.

#2 The AP seems to be a bit better. Did not notice any significant rudder occilation. also roll on GS is better. At least it seems so after a 1st test. The strange auto touch down is not there any more... but the ACFT crashes into the runway as the flare is not sufficient.

#3 why did you remove the OVERSPD ECAM message? What else did you remove apart from dyn. stall tape? However, I did not have any crashes with latest update. before b29 caused several crashes where all inputs where igored. This often happend when "going crazy" and tying to play with the extremes of the FBW. No software crash within with last 45 min with latest update. thumbs up.

#4 the autothrust is still "nervous" as Stefan describes also leading to pitch occilations in CRZ with AP and AUTOTHRUST active. I also noticed that the target speed is NOT precise. Sometimes it remains 2-3 kts under the target speed value.

#5 the "hard" pitch up during rotation is still not very nice.

minor things:
    #6 TOGA values displayed but not reached: example @ 15000ft, TAT+8, SAT-14, 98.6% TOGA displayed, N1 reaches only 93.5%.

#7 The "SPD BRK" memo changes its color from green to amber after 50 seconds time delay when the speed brakes are commanded to extension and the enginesare not at idle.

#8 MCDU: Just done a short trip from A to B. What really bothers me is that sometimes you load a SID or STAR and the ALTs given on FPL page are wrong. Some waypoints contain i.e. a "+4000" constrain on the ver ref page. On the FPL page the waypoint shows a value of 1500 or 1796 i.e. and are not magenta.

#9 JL, you touched the brightess potis of PFD and ND. Nice! But I have a tiny issue left: Can anybody please check the brightness of the CPT ND. I turn down the knob from MAX to LOW --> The brightness goes down. Fine! But at a certain point at the lower end of the knob travel, the brightness of the ND suddenly goes to max. again. The potentiometer itself is working as I can configure it correctly.

Thanks+Regards
    Robert

EDIT: regarding #2: small correction --> the strange looking touch down is still there. I also just noticed that the ACFT went down the GS correctly but again with a constant offset to the localizer. Only LOC* was active until the new "AUTOLAND" korries started to flash. Then the ACFT tried to correct the lateral offset... too late though.

Robert

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    #1 SPOILER ARM: Can anybody please check if it works properly with OC hardware and regular toogle switch. I need to put the switch back to (ON) in order to disarm the spoilers. Arming works fine.
    #5 the "hard" pitch up during rotation is still not very nice.Robert
    After a quick test flight:
    #1. I can't disarm spoilers too.
    #5. Same to me

But the most annoying thing remains the announcements when starter starts...