Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 27

Hello JL,

Today I made a test flight after a long time. I have noticed that my PCs only connected when the OVHD is installed on the server, and the software on the server start at last. In flight functions in OVHD have failed, and the gear goes down alone. I think the server PC is too slow and affects the whole system. In January I buy a new PC and will then test again.

I wish you all merry christmas and a happy new year

Regards Micha

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

I'm still working on performance for network. I may have solved some of the issues (hoepfully), I still need to test what I currently have done before releasing to public.

Cheers,
    JL

Hi JL,

I got another logic question: ... still in CRZ altitude and I see the TOD sign on ND coming closer but its not reached, yet. When I now push the ALT know to managed for DES the aircraft starts its managed descent. but that is not the planned vertical profile, right? because that one is indicated by the magenta dot left of the ALT tape on PFD... so how this "early" descent profile defined? and sometimes I see some magenta dots on the ND.... right were the yellow AC symbol is and another close to the next waypoint. Its not the DECEL point. any idea? have not seen it often, though.

Any chance of adding the 2 GPWS/GS korrys on the main instrument panel and the 2 AUTOLAND korrys on the glare in b28?
    I know & agree ... networking issues go first =)

Merry Christmas JL, locking forward to see b28
    Rob

Hi Rob,

When you start an early descent in managed mode, there are 2 cases:
    - very early descent: at the lower end of the managed speed window, the ACFT will not meet the planned flight path before next waypoint. Here, the AP goes in V/S mode at -1000 feet/minutes, and ATHR keeps the managed speed, until the managed flight path can be intercepted again.
    - not too early: if the flight path can be met before next waypoint. The Ap goes in idle descent and maintains the lower end of the managed speed window until the managed flight path is met.

The logic is implemented, but it is possible that sometimes it is not 100% correct ...

The magneta dots you see are most pobably the SPD LIM pseudo waypoints. This is by default where the ACFT will cross FL100 in CLB or DES and where the 250 knots maximum IAS rule is active (or no longer active in climb).

GPWS/GS korry will most probably not be in B28, no time to add it...

Regards,
    JL

thanks for the explaination!

I just noticed something different... I just played around in slew mode to ajust some ILS localizers to the FSX scenery. Remember that the ALPHA FLOOR kicks in when in that mode? After I wanted to go back normal sim mode I had my first freeze of all stickinputs. The sim continued but inputs were ignored. This was the first time I noticed this effect. Same as some other users reported. So maybe you can try to hunt down the bug with that? Just a hint.

Regards,
    Rob

that's very interesting, I'll have a look at that!

JL

25+ Posting Member

Hello JL!
    After a while I restarted my work on the simpit again. I developped an ultra lowcost 400 Inputs interface and want to connect it now. After our conversation months ago, i decded not to program on FSUIPC, instead follow your offer to work with the API. So far so good, i know what o do. Just two open questions to proceed: How does FMGS-hardware-connect know where my dll can be found? How does it link to me? Or is it the other way, i link with your dll and call the start function to make FMGS know that i am alive? second minor question: remote control of FSX like choosing an airport or position does not go trough your code i guess, right? I have to use FSUIPC i think.

Thanks for your excellent work!
    Guenther

Hi JL,

I give up trying to shift the LOC for some ILS manually. I understood the earth_nav.dat format. But WHICH one do I need to change? Nav1 and Nav2? And on which machine? Server only? Client with ND running? And which Nav data is in the FMGS Server folder. There are also 2 folders from the airac cycle. But arent the waypoints givin by the earth_fix? So do you only take the SIDs and STARs from airac? I am confused. To many folder...
    please tell me what data is used in the MCDUs for SIDs & STARs, the NAVAIDs on MCDU & the data displayed on NDs.
    and which file do I need to touch to play with GS and LOC position.

And... I tried to recreate the stick input ignoring thing with SLEW mode. It doesnt seem happen all the time. Not good for debugging, I guess. I am sorry.

Thaaaanks!

Rob

Hi,

@Guenther:Hardware Connect looks for all DLL inside its folder, then checks if the DLL is valid by running the start function from the DLL. It then links dynamically the exported functions from your DLL (which should be the ones as described in the SDK).
    Concerning your second question, yes you have to do that yourself (either FSUIPC or Simconnect).

@Rob: The LOC/GP have to be changed in the FMGS Server navdata. Nav 1 should be enough, unless you sometimes change to the backup navdata set from the DATA->STATUS page.
    From LevelD AIRAC, I only import SID/STAR/APPR procedures. The fix/navaid come from Xplane navdata.
    I'm working to simplify all that, but this is a long process...

Regards,
    JL

Re: A320 FMGS beta 28

Hello all,

The FMGS software B28 version is available: http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B28.exe

Mostly worked on performance (network and local).Also corrected some hardware interfaces bugs, and added support for hardware RMPs.

I did not create a new thread this time, so please before posting any messages regarding B27.x, make sure you upgrade first to B28 and test again!

Merry Christmas to all of you,

Jean Luc

11. Thanks Fritz thanked for this post