25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 27

Hi all!

Test flight "2 -> No problems!
    Test flight #3 -> about 2 - 3 minutes after T/O I got A.Floor on 3000ft. All systems worked I was able to continue my flight all the way to destination!

Test #4 -> once again AFLOOR but managed to continue...

I hope the SP4 solved this issue...

Tommi

EDIT: added #4

Hi JL, Hi everybody,

JL, I hope you are not going crazy with all these network issues It's really strange as I dont have these lags. However, I wish you all that these network or freezing issues will be gone asap and a wunderful Christmas time.

JL, I have a question about the AP disconnect: When I move the stick, some times the MW comes alive for some secs. Then I reactivate the AP. Next time I move the stick while the AP is active it just disconnects with the clicks without MW. Can you please explain that logic

... and ... I noticed that the roll bar of the FD is still very agile. One can follow it the most of the time but it seems to be very nervous. Any chance of smoothing the bar?

... and ... I am not a pro but maybe somebody else can confirm my impression. The AP rolls very quick in turns. Is that the real deal? or should it be more smoother? I havent looked up the max roll rate but I assume the roll acceleration is less. So the max roll rate builds up slower. Just a guess. Maybe somebody can confirm. I guess also related to the FD roll bar thing.

... and ... have you increased the speed of the engines spooling up from idle to toga lately? or am i wrong? I have the feeling its quicker than in b26.

... and ... I know you use external data for the ILS beam. However this has the disadvantage that sometimes the data doesnt correlate to the FSX scenery. i.e. sometimes I see constantly 3 white PAPIs when on the ILS. So it seems the reference position of the ILS data is not correct. Can I change this by hand? I just imagine to play around with some GPS data and to shift some values slightly? Or is it compiled in your software, not readable in ASCII?

... and ... a flying friend (unfortuanely not type rated for a320,yet) tried my sim with a few beers, though and played around with the FBW. He also noticed the little bugs which I mentioned before. Have you had time to take a look at these? can you confirm? In general the FBW seems to work but at some points it seems to be lost and does strange things.

... and... flight envelope Prots: the alpha prot is not reliable, yet. full back stick in low speed results in stall.

... and... Can anyone tell me which sensetivity settings you use for roll and pitch??? I set mine pretty low to -25?

AGAIN, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

JL, Thank you! If I can contribute anything helpful... drop a line!

Cheers,
    Rob

25+ Posting Member

Hi all!

Alpha prot is back!! Last two flights ended to crash. The first one right after take off and the second one just before final. Nothing worked...
    Back to unflyable

Tommi

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Tommy, I'm trying to see where it comes from. I never experienced that bug so it's hard to tell.

Rob:
    -the MW should sound as well for the second disconnection, I'll look at that.
    - yes I haven't workd on the FD for a long time, there are other big issues currently... I'll change that eventually.
    - AP roll rate: it's hard to tell, it's quick but not sure how quick/slow the real one is...
    - no didn't change anything on the flight dynamics, so engine spooling should be the same.
    - it is possible the external data is more correct that FSX's. Some ILS have a wrong slope in FSX. It is possible to change some things manually if you feel to, look at earth_nav.dat. You can find the file format on X-Plane airport & navigation data - Home page
    - Even though there are some FBW flight enveloppe things, it is best to stay in the normal range for now...

Regards,
    JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi Stefan and the rest,

I flew a flight without ASE, still same problem. So it's not ASE related...
    This is quite strange. I never before got AFloor on every single flight...

I hope you JL find a solution soon for this one.

kind regards,

Tommi

25+ Posting Member

Leonidas,
    can you help me to solve issues 2 & 3 in your post #2 related to mcdu freeze and display problem when pushing pilot routes ? I can save a route but can never access it once solved and it freezes the mcdu. Maybe the format. It seems to create a directory in which files are located. Thanks for your help.
    pierre

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by janinp View Post
    Leonidas,
    can you help me to solve issues 2 & 3 in your post #2 related to mcdu freeze and display problem when pushing pilot routes ? I can save a route but can never access it once solved and it freezes the mcdu. Maybe the format. It seems to create a directory in which files are located. Thanks for your help.
    pierre
    Hi Pierre
    I didn't solve these issues on my own, but after last online update. Is your system (all PCs) updated with last B.27 version?
    Regards

Hi guys,

I've uploaded another short video showing this wonderful software in action! Merry Christmas to all of you and Thanks Jeehell!

Airbus A320 home cockpit - playing around - YouTube

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've uploaded another short video showing this wonderful software in action! Merry Christmas to all of you and Thanks Jeehell!
    Airbus A320 home cockpit - playing around - YouTube
    Excellent job Rob... A couple of questions:
    The baro rotate knob of backup attitude is working?
    Where did you find the digital clock (under auto brake panel)?
    Finally which video editing software do you use?
    Regards

Hey Leonidas, I just sent you a PM to keep this forum free for software issues =)
    Cheers, Rob