Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Project Magenta Magenta's Fcu & Flightdeck Technology

I seem to be having more than enough problems trying to run SiMboards and Enrico's FCU. The main problem is deciding which one is giving the trouble. I have just installed the latest upgrade for the Simboards, and after many attempts at getting them to work with the FCU, the elevators and ailerons decided not to work. Well that turned out to be the FCU, because the elevators and ailerons were fine when I turned off the FCU. !! and they were working previously.
    So if anyone can add some weight to these problems, please post here. It is starting to get very frustrating, so any help will contribute to good nights sleep !
    Cheers.................Brian W.

150+ Forum Groupie

Brian,

Can you give me some details of setup, hardware and software you are using, I will look into it then.
    [

300+ Forum Addict

Gooday Marnix, well basically at the moment I am only turning on 3 computers,(to basically test all the simboard connections) one with FSX and FS2004, one with Captains Glass Cockpit from Magenta plus the FCU, and one with Simboards Controller, all fairly fast computers with XP Pro and no other programs etc. on them, and of course Widefs/FSUIPC.
    The Joystick problem looks to be working ok on the Simboards as far as the graphics go,(and if I turn off the FCU it all works) but on the FSX and FS2004 regardless of the aircraft (Airbus or 737) the elevators and ailerons seem to flutter all over the place, so it would appear to be a conflict somewhere between the FCU and whatever ?
    Regards.............Brian W.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey Brian. Seems to me there used to be an option in the PM software for fly by wire. Is that turned on? It might fight with the Simboards software.. Just a thought..
    Bob Reed

300+ Forum Addict

Gooday Bob.......no I have that turned off. Just completely re-installed the FCU and put the latest update in, and I still have problems. The elevators still do not work, but the ailerons do now. Also the throttles now do not work. As soon as I turn the FCU off they all work. The mystery deepens !!
    Cheers...............Brain W.

What aircraft model are you using? Almost sounds like something is interfearing with the FCU..... Try loading up the stock 737 and see what happens. I do not think this is a Simboards issue!
    Last edited by Bob Reed; 01-13-2007 at 06:05 PM.
    Bob Reed

300+ Forum Addict

Bob...............I have tried both FSX and FS 2004, and Both 737 and Airbus and same problem. Works ok without FCU.
    Looks like simboards do not work with FCU as far as I can tell from all the testing this morning, and that is with very little else loaded, as I am trying to keep it as simple as possible.
    Cheers...............Brian

150+ Forum Groupie

This is very strange indeed, are you able to fly with the FCU connected and the simboards not connected (just using the keyboard to fly around) ?
    This is just to verify that the FCU software isn't fighting with software other then simboards.
    You are using the default FS aircraft, if not I would have said to apply some modifications like when flying the PMDG.
    [

300+ Forum Addict

Well it gets stranger by the minute !! Even without the FCU loaded I was getting irregular settings from the flap lever. Sometimes it would only give half flap even though it looked perfect in Simboards.After re-loading both simboards and FS about a thousand times it now appears better (also throttles were not normal).Also I then loaded FCU again (last in the line) and Bingo it worked. Now all through this I have not changed one single setting. So there are some unusual bugs somewhere !!
    Brian W.

So if you do a shut down and a restart, starting the FCU last, does it all still work? Also where are your throtlles hooked up? Simboards or directly to the computer via USB? When I start my sim, I start the computer that handles the EPIC and FS. I make sure nothing else is runing that I do not need, Load the EPIC with my code (don't know if you have to load Simboards like this or not) start FS and then since you are just using for right now the FCU and Pilots GC I would start the GC then the FCU...
    Bob Reed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast