2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airbus Re: FMGS beta 5

Hello,

of course I know VasFMC, it's a nice piece of software
    However I decided to go my own way to fit best my cockpit projects, as VasFMC is aiming to be way more versatile than my project: airbus/boeing, FS,X-plane, windows, linux, etc.... Whereas I only aim at airbus on FSX.

As for developing together, it's probably not possible as Vasfmc is C++ and my software is coded under Delphi, and I'm afraid I'm probably not as competent as their team when it comes to code writing. As for sharing ideas with Alex and others, I'm open to that, but I haven't been in touch with them, so well if you read this Alex, feel free to ask any questions

As for network sharing, the best combination currently is to run the server on the same computer as FS, then on a second computer you can run everything else. Be careful as my software eats a lot of network resources, so you need a good LAN (best is ethernet or PLC, wifi might be not enough).
    If you're lucky to have more than 2 computers, you could use one for PFD+ND and one for FCU+MCDU so you'll have more CPU ressources for the ND EGPWS option.

Shunting the FBW/AP module of my software could work if vasfmc AP could accept HDG/altitude/speed instructions from my software, and I don't think that's currently possible.

Cheers,
    Jean Luc

Airbus FMGS beta6

Hello all,

After a couple months of development, the Beta 6 is finally out!
    Click here to download
    What's new:

-Completely reworked AP/FD & FBW from scratch. FS AP is now completely shunt! The overall should be much more realistic and smooth. Only drawback for the time being is V/DEV which is not followed on DES mode as I was reported a problem with TOD calculation (thanks Markus ) and it appeared that V/DEV calculation is plain wrong.
    -Added Missed approach support
    -Revisions of SID, STAR & APPR are now possible
    -Implemented CO-RTEs, ALTN and ALTN CO-RTE possibility (you can save your FPLN as a CO-RTE for later use)
    -Corrected V/S mode problems, and added FPA mode.
    -Few other things...

Again, enjoy and report any problems!!

3. Thanks jollive, Matt Olieman, Anderson/SBSP, xtreme3d thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Re: FMGS beta6

Hi all!

I'm new with this addon but it looks really great.

Does anyone tried it with FS9? How it might work?

Regards,

Tommi

Airbus Re: FMGS beta6

Hello,

The comptibility issues come from some FSUIPC offsets which do not work under FS9.

Thus, you may have problems with Fuel flow, Gross weight, fuel used, APU, engines start, doors and the biggest issue with N1 hold. I'm not sure FS9 can hold a %N1 setting. Now it won't harm your computer if you try, and any feedback is appreciated

25+ Posting Member

Thumbs up Re: FMGS beta6

Hi!

And thanks for your reply.

I've downloaded this beta 6 and first test is on progress.
    At start I found bug (or is it?) with landing lights. After I shut them down
    they keeps blinking. Well, I think I have to think again that FSX.

Anyway, thank you for your great product!!

10+ Posting Member

Smile Re: FMGS beta6

Great job!! Thanks a lot

But I think that if you and VAS Project work togheter, you reach and overcome PM and AST!!

And if you rebuilt this for X-Plane and Linux, wow fantastic!!

Another thanks

ciccio85: Well, it's not actually planned sorry

Anyway, some people have problems with the FBW, so I added an option to remove it and use direct joystick input.
    And for those who don't like the default FSX A321, I added the iFDG A320 support. See the manual for more details.

A320FMGS_B6.1.zip

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi,

Thanks for this software, it´s great. I have some difficulties with it.

1. autopilot is turning plane too fast (pitch and bank) or there is something wrong on my setup. ND is quite slow, is it possible to speed up refreshing speed of ND and PFD?

2. Is it possible to add server program without throttle setting option?

Like if i would like to use vasfmc and yours lower ecam? now throttle settings are messing vasfmc up. Just like starting SD.exe it would open at power on, without staring OVHD.exe. I gues Then it should only read data from fsuipc offsets from FSX

Cant start engines from OVHD program.

Is it possible to change bitmaps of PFD and ND? vasfmc is still looking bit nicer Are those even in bitmaps or just coded at opengl? Maybe possible to edit with photoshop?

I really gonna try version 6.1 at evening after work.

Best regards
    And wishes all the best for future evolving of FMGS

-Jarkko

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi,

I forgot to tell, i´m runnig FMGS at 2 or 3 computers, Fsx located at most powerfull pc, OS vista home premium. 2 other has XP service pack 2. Fsuipc is registered and latest version.

Are you plannig to get FLEX temp impemented at systems, so we dont need to use toga at TO.

-Jarkko

1. autopilot is turning plane too fast (pitch and bank) or there is something wrong on my setup. ND is quite slow, is it possible to speed up refreshing speed of ND and PFD?
    Make sure there is the line fly_by_wire = 0 (NOT =1) at the end of the [airplane_geometry] section in your aircraft.cfg file.

The ND and PFD are set to run at 20 to 30 FPS, depending on CPU usage and EGPWS option. If you turned on EGPWS, try without it.
    The ND FPLN line refreshs at a rate slightly lower than the rose/arc to save CPU.

What kind of network do you use? ethernet cable or wifi? Wifi seems to be not fast enough.

2. Is it possible to add server program without throttle setting option?

Like if i would like to use vasfmc and yours lower ecam? now throttle settings are messing vasfmc up. Just like starting SD.exe it would open at power on, without staring OVHD.exe. I gues Then it should only read data from fsuipc offsets from FSX
    No, the point of the FMGS (as per in the real ACFT...) is to calculate the flight parameters to follow and process them to the different modules (instruments, AP/FD, ATHR, etc...)
    If you wish to run VasFMC, then the VasFMC AP will wait for data from VasFMC FMGS, and not from my FMGS...
    The SD, even if a simple gauge, is directly connected to the OVHD as most functions/variables/systems do not exist in FS or are not correctly modeled. The SD would then be showing only very basic data, and some pages wouldn't ever be active.

Cant start engines from OVHD program.
    Engine start requires a specific order (the same as in the real acft):
    1) Electric power (either GND or APU)
    2) Bleed air (either GND or APU, check the manual how to activate GND HP bleed)
    3) X-Bleed valve open (or auto)
    4) Fuel pumps on
    5) Engine start switch on IGN
    6) Engine Master 1 or 2 ON (usually ENG2 is started up first)
    7) When Selected engine N1 has stabilized, select the second master ON
    8 ) When both engines are good to go, Start Switch to NORM

Is it possible to change bitmaps of PFD and ND? vasfmc is still looking bit nicer Are those even in bitmaps or just coded at opengl? Maybe possible to edit with photoshop?
    ND and PFD are hard coded in OpenGL (same as VasFMC I think), it allows to resize at will without losing quality, so it's not possible to edit anything.
    As for VasFMC gauges looking nicer it's your taste but what do you think mine lack? I could improve that...

I really gonna try version 6.1 at evening after work.
    Tell me what you think, I need input from people to make it better, as it flies correctly on my setup.

As for FLEX, yes I'll definitely implement that, but I don't know when. I'm currently working hard on AP/FD/FBW.