Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 25

Hello,

No problems at all, you can have as many software connected to FSUIPC at the same time as you want. The only limitation I know, you cannot have two connections inside the same process.

Regards,
    JL

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

nice, thanks for the info.
    jeehell, whats the minimum number of pc's required to operate the software with fsx? i have a very powerful computer, but it seems to much for a single one. what do you recommend?

regards

mauricio

Hi,

The minimum is one computer. That's what I use. With a powerful CPU such as a quad core i7, I can run fsx in windowed mode with medium settings and the complete suite. However, the number of screens is the limiting factor.

Regards,
    JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi Jeehell,

I'm currently in building up my OVHD panel using Opencockpits IF cards. I'm implementing in SIOC using your FSUIPC offsets but not using SIOCCreator. This gives me more flexibility to add some additional code (e.g. for ADIRS display).

Anyhow during implementation and testing all switches, LEDs, etc. I found the following issues:

1) Missing values for switches IDG1, IDG2 & CrewSupply, RAT-MAN-ON(HYD) switches in Offset 78EE.
    They are not the most important but they are available in OVHD Sw and could be defined in SIOCCreator as well.

2) Missing offset for RAT-MAN-ON LED status

3) Value 137 in offset 78EE doesn't work to bring back Annunciator-Light-Switch from TEST back to DIM position.

4) "ELEC GEN2 OFF" LED status (Bit3 offset 7397) is linked to "ELEC GEN1 OFF" LED status (Bit1 offset 7397)

5) For what ever reason IDG2 FAULT LED (Bit 2 offset 73A4) is set to "1" after engine start but doesn't light up in OVHD software.

Thanks so far for your great work+++++++
    Regards!

Christian

Hello Christian,

I will look into these little offsets bugs.
    Wondering though, why you do not use my SIOC Creator as it allows you to easily add your own SIOC scripts to the one generated?

Regards,
    JL

25+ Posting Member

Hi Jeehell,

I first started with SIOC Creator it's really fas and easy, but later when I had my challenges with the ADIRS display using the Opencockpit LCD-card. I needed to interact with ADIRS data and sys switches and take power on/off and ALIGN status into consideration, I decided to change the whole code to interface with FSUIPC. Its straight forward and not much more complicated.

Regards
    Christian

75+ Posting Member

Hi JL,
    Sorry! I answer so late, I had no time for testing.
    With the OVHD and MCDU on the server, the speed is well. The FO-MCDU on the client is still delayed. I think that my PCs are too slow. What is to be installed on which computer to make it work? How would you distribute the Software on the Computers?

Greetings Micha

Hi Micha,

No problems.

The software does not necessarily require top level computers, but at least dual cores. Nowadays, multi cores CPU are standard, so even second hand computers should be good enough to run clients such as the MCDUs.
    The sofware distribution will mostly depend on how many video outputs you have on the msot powerful computers. If an MCDU is lagging, then that computer is maybe not powerful enough. Upgrading to a second hand multi core computer with maybe video cards is maybe a good solution.

Regards,
    JL

25+ Posting Member

hello Jeehell,

First thanks for the wonderful work on the FMGS. It is very fluid and efficient on my system.
    I have a slight problem with the MCDU fuel datalink which creates series of letters and figures on the init B page at different lines when I activate it. I then enter manually insert the block and ZFW figure and it seems to work although the datas are hidden by the "bizarre" strings of charachter (this is a hardware MCDU by fscockpit but I did not have the problem a few days ago). Any idea ?
    Other issue is that there is no panel on the project airbus which is fine except for the transponder code that is given on the ivao network. How can I set it and then activate the charlie mode ?

Thanks,

Pierre

Hello Pierre,

The VNAV has some problems in its current implementation. This means that some calculations are wrong regarding Fuel, time to destination, and altitude at FPLN points. This is the reason for the weird strings in the INITB page. I'm working on it for next version.
    In the MCDU MENU page, go to TCAS, there you can set XPDR mode C. Next version will also allow to set the squawk code. With IVAP I think its possible to do it also.
    Also, even if the aircraft published with my software does not have a panel, you can add any panel you want such as default aircraft panels (quite easy, you just need to copy the panel folder). Also, I think IVAP has builtin features for

Regards,
    Jean Luc