Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FMGS beta6

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I've connected my computer running FS9 to a laptop through WIDE FS (see attached, it says I'm clearly connected to FMGS) The User Guide says I should power up if I want to see the ND etc. My first question, is where to do that in the OVHD (see pic attached for my OVHD as I see it). Some buttons such as anti-ice and the like work, and actually emulate the function on FS9, but in some others, nothing seems to happen. Is this a problem that anybody knows about?

any help would me most welcome!

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

75+ Posting Member

I don't know exactly which buttons really work at this time.
    But for power up, press all OFF-buttons to get them on (or auto) and connect external power.
    After IRS align in MCDU the ND should work.

10+ Posting Member

Right... thanks alot! I'll try this when I get home. In the meanwhile, can you tell me if the overhead is supposed to look the way it does (see attachment in previous post!). Looking at the screenshots from the user guide, I have an impression that the right-hand part of it is missing. Nor can I find the upper overhead. Also, I can't click on the light switches. Lastly, how do I activate the engine start panel? Many thanks again

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hello,

Yes it seems your screen is smaller than the default OVHD size (as I use a nice 24" desktop screen, I didn't take time to check that). However you can resize it, like you would resize any window by grabbing an edge with the mouse. If the resize pointer doesn'at appear, check that when you right click on the OVHD, the "Hide border" item is not checked.

To show the upper OVHD, again with a right click then simply in the menu " Show upper OVHD".

To enable the engine start (and the auto-brake) on the OVHD, select "options" in the right-click menu then check the corresponding items.

As for buttons actions, all of them currently modelled have an effect (well maybe except the ditching one), which can be sometimes just an item added in the E/WD or on a SD system page. Of course Isolation valves or galley shedding won't have direct effect on the aircraft handling or PAX unhappy, but corresponding system pages on SD will/should have captions showing up.

For the lights, the switches are a bit tricky I have to admit, you need to click on the captions next to it. Except for the landing lights, which are really really tricky , and you have to click just above (on) or below (retract) the switch or to its right (off).

Hope that was helpful,

JeeHell

10+ Posting Member

Thanks JeeHell,

It did help. For the overhead, I right clicked and then deselected hide border. Upper OVHD shows very well. As for button actions, txs for the tips, I see how they work now. However, I still have a problem which you might give me a hand with? the process is this. On the laptop which I want to run the ND, PFD etc, I turn on WIDE FS (status: connected), then launch FMGS server, then, say, double click on SD or, ND. When pannel is black, right click on options, and it reads, connected to FMGS server (like in my previous print-screen attached in a previous post!). However, the problem is that the screen remains black! I've tried turning on all buttons, but nothing will do. Is there normally a process to follow?

Would sure appreciate the help as I am inpatient to try it out!

Thanks

As kikigey said, on your screenshot it seems that there is no electrical source connected (meaning that APU is OFF and external PWR is not ON).

Since APU is not supported yet on FS9 version, you need to use external PWR. To do so, make sure it is availabe (green AVAIL on the PB), then click on it so it turns into a blue ON. Make sure now that bus tie is not OFF, select batteries ON if not done already, and the screens (PFD,ND,SD,EWD and MCDU) should turn on.

Cheers, JL

10+ Posting Member

Hi JL

It worked! Many thanks! however, there are new issues now.

I use FS9, and in the manual, it actually says you should be able to press on buttons on the ECAM control panel located in the pedestal. However, my plane/cockpit doesn't support this. therefore, is there a way I can still control which pages I want the SD to show?

Also, I've looked through the user manual, but I can't seem to start the engines! I've checked bus tie is on and downloaded checklists to make sure I follow the procedure (i reckon it might have something to do with the air packs!) Can I kindly ask you that you quickly outline the engine start procedure...So far, I can only hit Ctrl E

Many many thanks!

Hello,

To change the ECAM pages, there are keyboard shortcuts after clicking on the SD window, check chapter 6.1 in the user guide.
    You can use FSUIPC commands as well, see the offset table at the end of the user guide.

How to start the engines: you need electricity, HP bleed air and fuel.
    Electricity seems OK now.
    HP bleed air can only be accessed through external connection as APU doesn't work in FS9. To connect the external air, click on the small "GND HP" label on the OVHD, located between RAM AIR and APU bleed pushbutons (careful to click only once, if you click twice it will disconnect...). Make sure the X-bleed valve is on OPEN. You can check the status of bleed air on the bleed page in the SD.
    For the fuel, simply switch ON all the fuel pumps on the upper OVHD panel.
    Now, the start sequence itself is fairly easy, you just have to switch the engine start mode selector on IGN/START, then the MASTER switches ON (usually first engine is N°2, then when engine is running you start engine N°1). When Both engines are running, put the engine mode selector back to NORM, make sure all generators and packs are running then you're good.

If you're still having troubles starting the engines, there maybe is a problem somewhere else...

JL.

10+ Posting Member

Hi JL,

Again, many thanks... Yup, it seemed easy. Pressing the buttons works like a charm. I still can't figure out the engine start-up, but I'll keep on trying. Perhaps the tricky bit is clicking the GND HP. Anyway... I promise to ask a last question for a while. Now that I have things roughly up and running, I meant to ask whether there are some compatibility problems between your software and VAS-FMC. I haven't noticed much, only that I don't have a proper control of the engines thrusters. That is, even when I accelerate to below 50 % or so, nothing will happen. Only when I push the engines further will they spool up (not ideal for taxying etc...)

definitely looking forward to hearing about this. It seems I'm getting ready to go and fly!

Thanks again

Well I've never tried vasfmc along my software, but I'm pretty sure there ARE compatibility issues. Probably AP and ATHR won't be working correctly, and the only way to prevent that is either not running VASFMC or not running the FMGSserver, which means that OVHD logic, SD an E/WD won't work correctly.
    I'm sorry, but since VASfmc and my software are doing the same things, they're not meant to be ran together (do you run FS9 and X-plane at the same time ?)

Cheers,
    JL