2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 23

Hello,

I've just finished the B23.2 version!
    It should correct the managed mode bug after takeoff.

Also, I added the long awaited autotune feature! and corrected a little bit the FBW pitch behaviour in manual flight.

Please note as well a change in the instruments window positionning system: now the position/size is no longer stored at software closure, but when you do "right click -> Save Position".

here is the link:

http://www.jeehell.cockpitpassion.fr/A320FMGS_B23.2.exe

Best regards,
    JeeHell

2. Thanks flapsdown, Marcus thanked for this post

Hi JL,

Great news & a nice christmas present! THANKS AGAIN!

What have you change wrt manual pitching?

Cheers,
    Rob

two more little thing regarding bug tracking:
    At some airports I have some trouble with the selection of the STARS. It shows the available STARS but if I select one nothing happens... it only shows RETURN but doesnt show the temp flight plan. This does not not happen with all STARS. Only with some of them. Any clue?

and ... only a minor optical thing: I think when the flaps are retracted the upper ecam doesnt show the dots for the different flap configs.

here you can see it: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2691/...efd2d9385e.jpg

Regards,
    Rob

25+ Posting Member

Hi JL,

and thaks for new update.
    After update looks like SIDs and STARs are missing.. Anyone else having this problem?
    Allready downloaded latest airac and installed again, no help.

Tommi

Hi Tom/JL,

Just installed V23.2 and I also have no SIDS / STARS available in there.
    My last post regarding my issue with the STARS referred to 23.1. I had no clue that something with the airac data has been changed with 23.2... Sorry for the confusion.

Rob

Hello,

A small error appeared with B23.2 preventing correct extraction of navdata from leveld Airac. I also corrected the bug when trying to save the windows position.

I've just uploaded the corrected package again. Please download and install again...

Cheers,
    JL

Hi JL,
    sounds good! Thanks! I will check out the new version this weekend. But first I need to struggle with the FSX and Win7-64 itself. All of a sudden I have a bunch of famous APP crashes with ntdll.dll or g3d.dll and I cant perform a complete flight from A to B without any crash. I need to fix that first.... nothing to do with your wonderful software.

Thanks for your great support!

Regards,
    Rob

BTW: I read something in V23.2 about the AIRAC data taken from x-plane. Can you explain it abit more? and what have you changed wrt to manual pitching?

Hi Rob,
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    BTW: I read something in V23.2 about the AIRAC data taken from x-plane. Can you explain it abit more? and what have you changed wrt to manual pitching?
    I get the VOR/NDB/ILS/ARPT information from http://data.x-plane.com/get_data.html. This data is free under GPL licence so I can freely modify it (just removed parts of the data I don't need) and redistribute it.
    In the AIRAC file you can download, you just need to retrieve all the files located in all the folders, and put them in the navdata1 & 2 folders of the FMGS server and ND. That's all...
    Now concerning the SID/STAR/APPR, you STILL need the levelD navdata from navigraph. You can still use the ProcImport software to process it.

From now on, every new update of the software will come with the latest Xplane AIRAC installed, so you probably won't need to donwload anything from them...

As for the FBW, I jsut changed a bit the behaviour of the pitch system when you release the stick. Nothing fancy, just tried some improvements...

Regards,
    JL

10+ Posting Member

Dear JeeHell,

maybe this question is not new, but can I use your software with X-plane?

Hello,

Unfortunately no. I tried with XPUIPC and Xplane9 demo, and the result was... catastrophic
    I don't have time to prot the code over to Xplane for now. It's in my plans, but very long term.

Regards,
    JL

Hi JL,

just a quick first feedback regarding the new&fixed V23.2. I just had the chance to take a short flight... GREAT!!!! The ILS autotuning works. The pitch seems to remain abit more stable in neutral stick position. Even the first ILS approach test worked. Have you changed anything with the ILS behaviour or was it pure coincidence? However, its great & I am really thankful!

but (as always) some tiny issues I noticed:
    - When you enter descent you have this magenta dot on the right side of the pfd which is based on the planed decent profile. It seems to works ok until you get to pass FL100. Then I have the feeling that this displayed vertical profile does not consider the speed reduction to 250kts. So the planed profile continues to steep while the AC has to reduce the vertical speed in order to maintain the speed limit below FL100. Do you know what I mean or am I completly wrong?

- I am not sure about the real AC but when switching to VOR or ILS mode on the ND the top of climb and decent arrows remain on the display and keeping moving like in the other map modes in the background. Just the route disappears. I assume these arrows should disappear as well.

-and a performance issue. When I turn on the waypoints on the ND even at lower ranges the frame rate of the ND drops way below 1FPS. It really becomes a slide show. Even just turning waypoints on and off takes some seconds to update the ND. Before you ask: I run FSX on an I7-920. 6GB RAM. Without the ND-display options everything is really smooth.

Thats it for now... THANK YOU, JeeHell!! GREAT JOB!

regards,
    Rob