Page 63 of 118 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 22

It wasn't my intention to continue in French anyway.But my posting didn't really affect serious issues about A320FMGS so I thought to send a French hello to a region which I am very fond of and where I use to spend my holidays (near Cannes).
    But now no further private postings
    greetings René

Hi JL,

I just created a short video showing the problems I have wrt the GS tracking using the new FS model and V22.1 with FSUIPC 4.7 (unreg). In the video I first captured the GS and then the LOC. Due to the left turn when the AC captures the LOC, the GS shows real problems. Some seconds later it's stablizing again but keeping a constant offset to the GS up to the touchdown zone. I described this problem earlier but you will see it in the vid.
    here the link:

https://rapidshare.com/files/784993362/ILS_issue.mp4

Regarding the SRS phase. What you say makes sence. Do you define the deflection speeds of the control surfaces in your software or does come with the FS model you use? Are the deg/sec values for the elevator also correctly set as the real g-factor limits? Instead of cheating with the g-limit couldn't it be also possible to change the trim/deflection speeds to adjust the take off behaviour and avoid this rapid speed drop?

Cheers,
    Rob

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hello Rob,

Well I'm not surprised it loses the GS when turning to capture the LOC. Standard operations is to capture LOC first, then GS. I'm even pretty sure the real acft will not let you enter GS* unless you've captured the LOC.

Concerning SRS mode, the deflection speeds won't really change much as they are controlled by the G load command in anyway...

Regards,
    JL

10+ Posting Member

Sorry, if it might be a FMGS beginner's problem but I can't enter any ILS/FREQ in RADNAV page even 10 nm in front of FAF (eg EDDM RWY 08L IMNE/109.5). Scratchpad says NOT IN DATABASE although there is the corresponding file in the ND folder.
    Using b22.1.
    Thanks for help!
    René

Hello,

It seems the Navdata from Navigraph in levelD forat has some issues with some ILS. And apparently, a lot of German airports have this trouble. I'm looking for a better way to get ILS data.

Regards,

JL

10+ Posting Member

Thank you for your immediate answer and explanation. I'm a bit calmed about the fact that this problem isn't caused by my unexperience with your software. I hope you will be sucessful in solving this problem.
    Kind regards
    René

Hi JL,

thanks for your answer. I know that the standard is LOC first and then GS. However, I thought it could be possible but I might be wrong. In a few weeks I'll see a real 320 pilot. Maybe he will know if it could be done that way even it's not standard. If I get an answer, I'll let you know.

Well, I still got some issues with the GS even the AC locks on the localizer first. If there is time I will prepare another vid these days to show you the problems I deal with. And yes, sometimes it still goes back to GS* even with the LOC captured first

Again, I have one more... --> I just noticed that I can't get both engines into reverse individually. It seems that one lever is master only allowing the other reverser to open up to the value of the "master" lever. If you pull both levers it works. If you pull only lever 1, it works. If you pull lever 2 seperately while #1 is in idle it won't work. I've done several calibrations but the problem remains. Can you confirm this behaviour?

Many thanks, buddy!

Cheers,
    Rob

Hello,

OK I 'll wait for the next video.

Concerning the reverse issue, I need to check. I'll get back to you if I find anything...

JL

10+ Posting Member

I am very very lucky to read, that your software is compatible with fsuipc 4.7XX now!!
    Anyway, I work with vrinsigts mcp combo panel. Is your software supporting directly this kind of hardware? If not, I am able to manage to let it work with offsets. But in this case, how to let the display of the mcp let show the right values (hdg,alt, speed)? Need really help in that case...

Hello Danny,

Vrinsight support is not provided, and probably will not (they do not easily/freely disclose the information necessary to communicate with their hardware). If they allow to use offset (which I don't know) then it should be possible. But here I cannot help you...

Regards,
    JL