Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 22

Dear JL,
    I have just completed the LFBO-LFMN example route using FS2004 (3.99), FSUIPC 3.99 and the package aircraft PA A320-210, with the frame rate at 26-28 FPS costantly. No problem in any phase of flight. The approach and landing were nice too. Good LOC-G/S interception capability. FMGS launched with just OVHD, FCU, MCDU and PFD.

Regards

MG

25+ Posting Member

Sorry,
    I just wanna say FS2004 (9.1 version)

MG

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hello,

well I advise you keep using FS2004 until you figure out what is wrong with FSX.
    I know some people have had troubles with FSX if the service packs were not installed, or badly installed (like not running FSX between updates). Also FSUIPC has proven to be guilty sometimes...

Regards,
    JL

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    ...or if it works correctly as well pease!...
    I made a test flight this morning. Seems to work with FSUIPC version 4.742.

Regards

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

JL

Hi JL,

Here some feedback regarding V22.1 with FSUIPC 4.742. I can confirm that it seems to work however I have the feeling that it has been working slightly better with 4.6. But that's just my personal feeling.

Here is what I noticed after a couple of short tests:

MAIN ISSUES:
    - right after take off (AP on, speed still selected, heading managed, VS managed) when you reduce from FLX to CLB- the climb becomes to steep for the reduced thrust and subsequently the speed drops again very close to stall. Sometimes AFLOOR kicks --> AP disconnects.

- MCDU doesnt show correct waypoint altitudes: example: FL6000 selected... waypoints show values up to 27000ft. Since V22 all my waypoints have some really weird alitude numbers like 15465 or 19472 (even at cruise alt). You mentioned something with comma and dot in the windows settings... where do i change it? I know this comma issue from excel, but not from windows.I guess that one of my personal problem.

- the ILS approach is still very unstable. The LOC/GS interception seems to work, but keeping on the slope up to the runway is still an issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes the AC is not on the slope but parallel (so it has the correct sinkrate but doesnt converge and you dont hit the touchdown zone) and sometimes it's just losing the GS right before the runway (about 150-200ft) reducing the sinkrate and won't touch down correctly. BTW: Are there any plans to improve the flare?

- speed tape on PFD isnt smooth in windy conditions (standard cold fronts). It seems there are real jumps in the speed. It clear, that it can't be constant but the tape just doesnt move smooth anymore, I noticed real jumps from one value to another. It doesnt look like a gust... just unreal due to the stottering speed tape. I guess thats an FSX issue but maybe there is a chance of filtering/smoothing the speed values??

- wheel temps are faulty. During a RTO the temps smoothly increase...sometimes at 65° or 120° all 4 suddenly remain at these temps for a couple of seconds before jumping back down to 30° or ambient temp.

- ETA in MCDU very often not correct... often given me ETA times of "0:01" right after I created the FPLN. (there are no discons)

Maybe somebody else can confirm these issues...

However, It's just great to see you progressing so fast! Thanks again!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the feedback as well.

Here a few answers:

- AFLOOR and APdisconnect: which FS model do you use? did you switch to ifdg model (included in b22.1, Air France livery) or still use the PA one (airbus livery)? You should use the ifdg one.

-decimal separator: under win XP go to control panel -> regional settingsthen in the first tab, you click the button which should read "personallize". Then set decimal symbol as dot '.'.
    The VNAV is still not perfect, calculations are sometimes wrong, as well as ETA.

-ILS approaches: probably due to the FS model, as in first point. I'd like to improve the flare, but it's not very easy, and not critical, as it can be done manually

-Speed tape: it comes from FS. If you have a registered FSUIPC version, there are options to smooth wind changes (both in direction and speed)

-Wheel temps: yes I know, I need to work on it. I also need real values like how hot it can go up and how fast it gets there as well. How fast it cools down, etc... any info (even if approximate, I can add some coefficients for outside air temp...)

Regards,
    JL

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    ...- the ILS approach is still very unstable. The LOC/GS interception seems to work, but keeping on the slope up to the runway is still an issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes the AC is not on the slope but parallel (so it has the correct sinkrate but doesnt converge and you dont hit the touchdown zone) and sometimes it's just losing the GS right before the runway (about 150-200ft) reducing the sinkrate and won't touch down correctly. BTW: Are there any plans to improve the flare? ...
    If you use the PA Airbus maybe this setting in the aircraft file will help you.

[Autopilot]
    nav_proportional_control=16
    nav_integrator_control=0.10
    nav_derivative_control=0.90
    nav_integrator_boundary=1.50
    nav_derivative_boundary=2.50
    gs_proportional_control=25.0
    gs_integrator_control=0.530
    gs_derivative_control=0.00
    gs_integrator_boundary=0.70
    gs_derivative_boundary=0.00

Regards

I'm affraid these settings won't have much effect as they concern the autopilot inside FSX only, not the one from my software...

JL

Hi JL,

I already use the new model which you provided with V22.1. After thurst reduction, the speed drops almost to stall during climb. the climb rate can be > 3000ft/s. I assume the climb rate should reduce after thrust reduction but it doesnt do so.

Many Thanks
    Rob