Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FMGS beta6

Hi,

I had little time yesterday to test FMGS 6.1.
    My setup: main pc has vista home premium, intel e8400 dual core processor, 4G of memory, ati HD4870 displaydriver. FSX is running frames from 25-60.

Second pc has XP professional, athlon 64 1800+ prosessor, 1G of memory, Ati 9250 display driver,

Third pc is old office pc, pentium 3 inside 1.4Ghz, xp pro 512 of memory.

Main pc runs fsx, fmgs server.exe+fbw.exe

Second pc runs PFD, ND, Upper ecam and mcdu

third pc runs OVHD+SD

Second computer is having problems...too slow, i think that is causing ati 9250 display driver wich is too old and not enough powerfull. it is causing FSX to not working correctly because of slow frame rate on this second pc. So data is not moving enoug fast to main pc. I use ethernet cable to connect pc´s. Vasfmc is running fast on this second pc.

Just ordered faster ati HD 3670 for this second pc, let´s see how it will improved speed of FMGC.

-Jarkko

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

Second computer is having problems...too slow, i think that is causing ati 9250 display driver wich is too old and not enough powerfull. it is causing FSX to not working correctly because of slow frame rate on this second pc. So data is not moving enoug fast to main pc. I use ethernet cable to connect pc´s. Vasfmc is running fast on this second pc.
    What do you mean by "causing FSX to not working correctly"?
    Could you try to run all my software on your second PC? maybe it's the networking soultion I use which is not efficient enough. If VasFMC is running OK, then my software "should" be running ok as well.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Jean Luc

I mean fsx is slowing down moves like slide show only 5 to 10 frames per second (normally 25-60), like maybe it will wait for autopilot command from second pc wich is wery (effecting like it will send command´s to FSX, but all command´s are late so aircraft might be on different positioning (pitch and bank) as it was at point when FMGS was reading it´s values. You get what i mean?) slow cos many open windows at it (maybe this old display driver is causing that it only has 128mt of memory on board). and second pc is running 2 ftf display. Another possibility of causing slow speed on that second pc is it´s prosessor, it these several programs on it will be too much load for that?

I tryed to use all of FMGS program on same computer.... even slower. I think something is eating resources from pc.

Still vasfmc can easily setup and runned from my 3 pc setup. i really would like to be able to use your´s FMGS on my setup. I just need to figured out what is causing all these problems.

At widefs .ini i use values for wait_for_new_data=50 (normally 500) this cos vasfmc is running then smoother.
    And Data scanning pol is set to 250

Best regards

-Jarkko

Well if the FMGS server and the FBW are on the FS PC, FS won't wait data from any other software. Try only launching FS, FMGS server and FBW (no other clients on the network). That would confirm that, if it still is slow, then I'm affraid my software is too "big" for you CPU (it's probably not as efficient as VasFMC I have to admit). You could try to launch the FMGS on an other computer (keeping the FBW on the FSX one).

When everything is running, check the task manager to see which software eats the most CPU, and if your network is saturated or not.

Keep me posted,
    JeeHell

Hi,

I will do some more testing on different setup´s. First i have to wait that new display driver card will arrive.

I just tought that your FMGS is working close to vasfmc wich FBW is working better if your frame rate is good enough. working like if i pull the stick back to get nose up lets say 10 dec. I´m then during rotate i watch PFD if it has slow frame rate then plane at fsx is all ready 20 dec nose up, while PFD still at 10 dec before it reach same value than fsx has. This is if you have framerate too slow.

Is it PFD.exe or server wich send´s commands to fsx? of course it is going via server.exe. This could cause that if fsx is running faster than PFD, it could getting late.

Hi,
    I just tought that your FMGS is working close to vasfmc wich FBW is working better if your frame rate is good enough. working like if i pull the stick back to get nose up lets say 10 dec. I´m then during rotate i watch PFD if it has slow frame rate then plane at fsx is all ready 20 dec nose up, while PFD still at 10 dec before it reach same value than fsx has. This is if you have framerate too slow.

Is it PFD.exe or server wich send´s commands to fsx? of course it is going via server.exe. This could cause that if fsx is running faster than PFD, it could getting late.
    The PFD, E/WD and SD send no data to the server.
    The ND send data only if the EGPWS is on (which I do not recommend on slow computers, as it IS CPU consuming)
    The OVHD send data to the server but not critical in terms of flight controls (only system status)
    The FCU and MCDU send data only when buttons are pushed/turned.

All autopilot data are computed by the server and the AP.FBW software.

If the PFD is too slow there are 2 possibilities:
    1) Your computer is not fast enough (CPU or graphic card)
    2) Your network doesn't support the flow of data (Widefs + my software) which could be caused by an overflow of data (either from my software or from FSUIPC)

If your new GX card doesnt solve the problem, you could try to restore you Widefs settings to default.

Airbus Re: FMGS beta6

Hello all,

I've finished a new version, just in time for Christmas
    A320FMGS_B6.2.zip

Here's what's new:
    -N1 ratings depending on OAT and pressure altitude (real numbers from the FCOM)
    -FLX take off
    -FCU resizable
    -MCDU lines can be moved up/down to match a physical faceplate on your hardware setup
    -Border of instruments can be removed
    -Quite a few bugs corrected as well.
    -N1 hold is now done by my software (not by FS anymore), so it's a step toward FS9 compatibility. If someone could test, i'd appreciate!

Wish you all the best for these times of celebrations,

JeeHell

8. Thanks autocadplease thanked for this post
    75+ Posting Member

Hi,

thanks for that excellent software! Looking forward for more improvements
    I'm using it in my A330 Cockpit (http://picasaweb.google.com/kikigey89/ProjectA330).

While integrating your software in my cockpit I discovered some FSUIPC offsets failures:
    - MCDU: 69 should be BRT, 70 should be DIM. But currently 70 is BRT and DIM is N/A.
    - ND FO: First bit should be CSTR, second WPT and so on. Sending 0 to the variable (all bits off) activates CSTR. First bit is WPT, second NDB and third APT. VOR is N/A.

Would be great if you check if this is a failure in your software or in my configuration.

Chris

Hello,

Nice to have a project such as yours as "customers"

I just checked the offsets you're talking about, and indeed BRT and DIM are inverted in the documentation, but both should work (I tested 69 and 70 and it worked?). Try again and tell me please so I can check further?

As for the FO EFIS buttons, I found out that the user guide is plain wrong
    In fact you don't have to set the bits separately, but simply assign a value to the whole offset $66CF:
    0:CSTR
    1:WPT
    2:NDB
    3:VOR
    4:APT

75+ Posting Member

Hi,

EFIS works now with values 0 to 4

But 69 is not DIM. It seems that it is left or right arrow.

Chris

Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast