Page 48 of 118 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airbus A320 FMGS beta 21

Hello,

The latest beta is out : http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B21.zip.

What's new:
    -Added some hydraulic systems warnings
    -CLR, RCL, STS and EMER CANC buttons for the ECAM are now operative.
    -Updated I/O modules (SIOC, FSUIPC and FDS)
    -Added CPFlight FCU module
    -PFD Altitude alert logic (when ACFT is near the FCU selected altitude)

Cheers,

JL

10+ Posting Member

Re: A320 FMGS beta 21

Hello mr. jeehell,

first i want to thank you for doing very good and very hard work.

And now i have more questions, but i prefere to start only with the followed one:

i have just yesterday installed your software, and until now i didn't get it ro work. So i thought it is a good idea to contact you. i try now to follow your tutorial written in the user's guide. When i fill out the flight plan as you described, the mcdu don't show the speed and the attitude on the right of each waypoints.

i am using your software on same pc as fsx. My system is intel q6600 with four cores on 3.60 ghz graphiccard nvidia geforce 8800x and 2GB of RAM.

Please tell me, what i am doing wrong. After that i will ask for the next problems like joystick problems.

Hello CaptainBon,

The first obvious reason is you have'nt filled out completely the MCDU, especially the INIT A and the INIT B pages. Also the Perf page is important.

Cheers,
    JL

Hi JL,

Thanks for the new version. Looking very nice. Excellent!
    But I have a little problem with the 2nd Init page on the MCDU where you punch in the weights. For some reason I cant access it, saying "not allowed". The A/C is still on ground and the problem is not new with version 21. I also had it in the previous versions. Same for the Flex Temp. If I punch in, let's say 15 degrees, it gives me a "not allowed". Any idea, what could be the reason? How is the logic to be able to access the INIT B page? On INIT A departure/destination, Flt level & IRS has been set and aligned.

What I also noticed... if you set any alt or speed contrains for any waypoint, it takes up to a couple of minutes until the updated magenta constrains show up at the F-PLN page. Sometimes the F-PLN page doesnt update the constrains at all. However, on the ND they are instantly updated and shown for each w/p.

and... last but not least... do you plan to keep up to date wrt FSUIPC 4.7 in any of your upcoming versions?

Thanks for your great support!

Cheers,
    Rob

Hello Rob,

INIT B page is only accessible when the engines are shut down, that's most probably why you get an "NOT ALLOWED" message. There is an option in the ..\FMGS Server\PERF\PA320\Aircraft.ini file called INITBaccessible: put yes if you want to keep the page accessible event though it's not realistic.

As for the FLX temp, 15°C seems way much too low. The Flex temperature has to be to over ISA temperature +29°C or over current temperature.

Cosntraints on FPLN: yes I have to rework that part, I don't know when though.

FSUIPC V4.7: not compatible for the time, I still don't know why, I need to do more testing.

Cheers,
    JL

Hi JL,

what a quick reply! I am just wondering how you handle your everyday life with extra workload!? Really Great Support! Your hints are very helpful an reasonable. I didnt know about the link to the running engines and the flx temps. Thanks.

I asked about updating FSUIPC, because a friend wanted to try it on 2 Pcs. However, we are not aware of any option to get a registry key for the "old" FSUIPC 4.6 version. As far as I know, if you buy a key for FSUIPC 4.7 including widefs you wont be able to use it with the out-dated 4.60 version.
    Last night I also tried to use the unregistered 4.7. On ground I didnt notice any trouble. But when you kick in the autopilot, the A/C starts pitching up rapidly way beyond alpha stall and you lose control. I tried it twice... both times I had the same reaction. But I am sure you know about it already

thanks buddy,
    Rob

Hello again,

Well not always easy to keep up with questions, but I do my best

As for FSUIPC V4.7, I have no idea why it won't work. I Use the same offsets for FS2004 and FSX, and for several versions of FSUIPC now, and since V4.7 it won't work anymore with the pitch control!! I asked P. Dowson but he says he didn't change anything concerning that... So I need to do more tests and find out exactly what changed.
    However, I always thought that a valid FSUIPC key works with all versions of the intended FS, so a FSX key works with all FSUIPC FSX versions?? Did you give it a try?

JL

Hey JL,

unfortuantly, I can't simply try since I also use the unregistered 4.6 version. I wouldn't hasitate to get a key for 4.7+Widefs if I would know for sure that the new 4.7 keys also work for 4.6 and the corresponding previous widefs version. But if it doesnt work, there is no reason to buy it at this point of time.

Have a nice weekend!

@ EVERYBODY: If anybody bought a key for the new FSUIPC 4.7 version, please try to use this key for the previous 4.6 version and let me know if the new keys are compatible with older versions of FSUIPC. Thanks to one who has the time & chance of trying and letting me know if it works

Cheers,
    Rob

just so you know, an unregistered version of FSUIPC should work as well with my software, so you could try deleting all files in FSX/modules folder and try with a fresh new V4.6 version.

JL

I know... as I said, I already use the unregistered 4.6 module with your software on my pc and its working great!. But a friend has a set-up 2 pc network and we wanted to try it with widefs which we dont have, yet. But then we come to the issue with the newer 4.7 keys and the updated widefs version... we dont spend 45€ for a 4.7 FSUIPC version with widefs, when we already know that 4.7 doesnt work for what we want it... well, I guess we have to wait for the fix of the pitch problem wrt to 4.7 and then get the 4.7 and widefs bundle to try the networking options Looking forward!

Rob