Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FMGS beta6

Kiki, I love the idea of implementing the pull by holding the encoder button for over a second.

Buddy

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Re: FMGS Beta 7

I'll try to answer those questions:

1) Maybe the user guide is not helpful enough, I wrote it quickly to release the beta sooner
    Overall Process:

Run the Sioc Creator on the computer where you run the FMGS server, and run it in the same folder as the server (basically keep the folder structure I supply...). I suggest you run SIOC on that same computer.

-General Tab: I think it's pretty obvious: SIOC's IOCP server IP and port, and the folder where sioc.exe is found.

-MCDU tab: if you use the USBkeycard only. You check the various options, and follow what the warning messages tell you
    (if your card is on another CPU, you'll need to copy the IOCKey.ini file from SOC creator folder to IOCKey folder before clicking OK on the 2nd warning)

-FCU/EFIS tab: fill in the input/output numbers, device numbers etc as in a SIOC script.
    If you want to leave out a field put -1 in the number field, just the missing encoder or P/B or LED won't work.

-When you're done, save your work then click "apply configuration" in the menu, and everything should work.

It should possible to use SIOC creator on any computer, but then you'll have to make sure
    -There is a SIOC installed on that computer (it needs the SIOC compiler executable)
    -After applying the configuration you 'll have to copy the jeehellware.ssi and the sioc.ini to you real "SIOC" folder
    -You'll have to copy FMGSServer.iocp.ini to your FMGS server folder.

2) Long Push for pull is a good idea, I'll see how I can implement it in next version, for now you may want to leave out the encoder and script that part yourself...

3)yes, STD and dashes are supported

4)Again, I wrote the guide too quickly.
    To use the PERF calculator, you need to create a new sub folder for your aircraft in the PERF folder. Let's say "A330CLS". Copy all the files and folder from the iFDGA320 folder to that folder.

delete all the files in the FLEX and profiles (keep and maybe modify by hand the CLBn1.txt, V1.txt, etc...)

Now go back to the FMGS server root. Edit the APFBWcoeff.ini
    The structure of this file is much like an FS aircraft.cfg file.
    In the [General] section you declare the aircraft you intend to use with the following syntax:
    ACFT.X=Name where "X" is the aircraft index number and "name" the name of the folder in PERF, so you would probably declare:
    ACFT.3=A330CLS

Now each aircraft has a list of APFBW coefficient, under it's corresponding [ACFT.X] section.
    I suggest you copy the iFDG listand change the aircraft index. If you wish to modify those, good luck, all you need to know is that they are PID based coefficient, then lookup the internet for PID correctors.

Now launch the PERF calibration software. In the dropdown list, select A330CLS, then you're good to go!! (I hope )

150+ Forum Groupie

Another problem i found is that, i have a lot of procedures in 767 format, how i can convert all of them instead of selecting one by one? They are too much to manually convert them.

I cannot use the Performance calculator, it tell aircraft.cfg not found, i followed your previous instructions.

Question: do i need the registered version of FSUIPC?
    Thanks

75+ Posting Member

Me, too. Cannot get it running. Neither on FS9 nor on FSX.

Batch converter would be great, too

I think you don't need the registered version. But for homecockpit it is always good to have the registered version to support all features.

Hello guys

I found the problem with PERF calibration software, I'll modify it tomorrow if I have time.

Another hint, for SIOC creator, your SIOC installation folder should not be the default C:\program files\IOCard\SIOC, as "program files" folder is apparently protected by windows from external software writes, so I need to find out how to avoid that issue, but for the time being, install your SIOC somewhere else...

Cheers,
    JL

Hello,

I corrected the PERF calibration problem, it should now work correctly (I updated the guide so it's a bit more explicit now)
    I as well added the FSUIPC offset for the GND HP, EXT PWR and RAT, corrected a small glitch when SIOC creator was used for the MCDU.

As of SIOC creator, it won't work if you installed it in the default folder (i.e. c:\program files), as program files is a read-only protected windows folder, and SIOC creator needs to create new files in it.
    So you'll have to re-install SIOC elsewhere (c:\SIOC or c:\games\SIOC will work fine )

The link: http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B7.1.zip

Cheers,

Jean Luc

75+ Posting Member

Hi,

MCDU works now, but not the entire other stuff (3 master cards on 1 expansion card).
    I saw this log.txt and opened it:

Config_SIOC ver 3.4 - By Manolo Vélez - www.opencockpits.com
    Open file "JeeHellWare.txt"
    00:27:33
    Phase 1
    .OK.

Phase 2
    ERROR! - 31 -
    Line: 67 Var 31, name CPT_QNH_DISP1, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Digit 16, Numbers 1
    %FAILED%

Could this be a problem? Don't know if it's too late for me this night
    On my computer I have 1 expansion card and 2 keys cards.
    Do I have to use no device number as I have just connected 1 expansion?

Hello Kiki,
    Well done, another bug busted
    It is corrected, redownload the file http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B7.1.zip
    It had nothing to do with your multiple mastercards, don't worry about them. However, you'll have to use the device Number for your mastercards (each mastercard should have a device number (sometimes called index, OC documentation is not always...explicit ) in the SIOC.ini file)

By the way, I think the FO EFIS will not work entirely, I don't remember exactly which input/output are programmed so far (gosh my memory can not memorize over 10000 lines of code ) .
    The next real version will have all those added, plus the OVHD (I hope).

JL

75+ Posting Member

Thanks^^ I think in the next time I will find all bugs.
    It's really great that I can report the bugs and you correct them instantly. Guess the last version of vasFMC is one year old...

Is the device number which I have to enter the index number of my mastercards, defined in sioc.ini? I mean the numbers 0 to 2. Last evening I aleady thought about that issue but there was no change if I entered 0, 1 or 2 as device number.

You know, I have an A330. A friend of mine is optimizing my .air and .cfg files to get a real behaviour of the real A330. He knows a lot about modifying these files. He is also trying to create real A330 performance data for your FMGS. But he has some weight problems. He said, that your software did not accept his FLEX and V speed values if a ZFW of 170t is entered.
    Maybe I will give him the link to this forum so that he can describe you the issue more in detail.

Airbus A

Well, this is really the dark side of SIOC.ini

Here what OC says:

Code:
    [ MASTER=(Device index),(Type),(Number of cards),(Device number) ]

[ Device index : Index used in SIOC variable like device, this is the card used for SIOC sentence ]
    [ Use 0 for only one card, for this value you not need specify Device number. If you not use DEVICE parameter in a definition in SIOC script, the default index used is 0]

[ type = 0 : Master Card Emulator ]
    [ type = 1 : Master Card connected directly to parallel port ]
    [ type = 2 : Master Card connected throught compatibility cable to parallel port ]
    [ type = 3 : Expansion Card connected throught parallel port ]
    [ type = 4 : USBExpansion Card used ]
    [ type = 5 : Opencockpits MCP module ]
    [ type = 6 : USBOutputs Card used ]
    [ type = 7 : Opencockpits EFIS module ]
    [ type = 8 : Opencockpits Radio COM module ]
    [ type = 9 : Opencockpits Radio NAV module ]
    [ type = 10 : Opencockpits Radio ADF module ]
    [ type = 11 : Opencockpits Radio ATC module ]

[ Number of Cards = Master cards connecteds, 1 to 4 for expansion cards, 1 for a Master card directly connected or Emulator ]

[ Number of device = 0 for Emulator or first USB card detected, parallel port address, device number for specifies USBexpansion card ]
    So if you're using 1 USBexpansion with 3 mastercards, I guess your declaration in SIOC.ini should be:
    MASTER=0,4,3,0

And thus you won't need to specify the device index in SIOC creator.
    When you used to do your own scripts, how were your inputs numbered for mastercards N°2 and 3? I cannot really test that part as I only have one Master, but the field you have to fill in SIOC creator are the same you have to fill in the CONFIG SIOC (or in notepad, if you used notepad...).

For your PERF issue, maybe there are limitations according to regular A320 ZFW inside my software, and 170t is quite heavy for an A320. I need to check how that is coded.