25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 26

Hi JL

I downloaded the b26..... beautiful ..
    I have only one question ... with respect to the window for the calibration of the axes.
    Maybe I have not seen good documentation, but a clarification on the additional window about the set of throttle levers. what is it? good flight!

Daniele

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

@Leonidas: you don't need to. You can however copy the entire folder to make a backup before updating.

@Stefan: try running the starter program again, it will update the widefgms clioent software with the automatic updater. If it does not solve the issue, I updated the regular download package.

@Rob: I will try to find some time to correct the older issues. As for the MW/MC Korrys, it's weird?? what hardware do you use (I don't remember)? Also, when you say FMA does not update correctly on AP disconnection, what is the exact issue?

@Daniele:if you are talking about the "ComplexJoy" window which appears only if you selected "complexjoy" option during installation, this is mostly useful in 2 cases:
    - you use a goflight throttle quadrant which has reverser switches below the idle notch
    - you use an A330-like thrust lever with a separate reverse axis (handles like on boeings for instance)

Regards,
    JL

[QUOTE=jeehell;133966]Hi,

@Rob: I will try to find some time to correct the older issues. As for the MW/MC Korrys, it's weird?? what hardware do you use (I don't remember)? Also, when you say FMA does not update correctly on AP disconnection, what is the exact issue?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if you guys have the regular sounds like for AP disconnect, fire bell, callouts ... etcs??? Non of them are working. I only have the regular sounds from the AC folder in FSX.

@JL: I use opencockpit hardware. All of my other korrys work... only the MC and MW korrys remain off after updating to b26?
    regarding the FMA issue: i.e. you are in NAV mode and disconnect the AP... The NAV mode and the Vertical Mode remain visible on the PFD.

The mentioned brightness issue on PFD is not old. It a new issue with b26.

Could a complete new install help?

Thanks and cheers,
    Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    @Stefan: try running the starter program again, it will update the widefgms clioent software with the automatic updater. If it does not solve the issue, I updated the regular download package.
    Thanks, I have made the update and the error message is gone now

It's great that you have implemented the complex joystick functionality, I am using the Saitek Throttle which has an axis only from IDLE to TOGA and is sending the REVERSER as a button. But obviously I am still struggling with the setup since the EWD does not show any reaction on throttle inputs any more. Maybe I missed anything? This is what I have done:

In the new window "complex THR LVR Joysticks":
    - Pressed "New" to add a new merge
    - Selected "use one axis and switch acts as full reverse"
    - Clicked into "Select main axis", moved lever 1 up, klicked on SET TOGA, moved lever 1 down to IDLE, klicked on SET IDLE
    - Clicked into "Select revers axis/switch", moved lever 1 down to REVERSE (until button number appears in field)
    The resulting axis is looking good, when I move lever 1 to REVERSE, the indicator moves to the max left, if I move to IDLE, the indicator shows in the middle, if I move lever from IDLE to TOGA, indicator moves to the right accordingly.

I repeated these steps to add a second merge fore the lever 2, also fine.

On the "old" configuration window I clicked into THR LVR 1 and moved lever 1 up and down until "Complex Joy Axis No. 0" appears in the field. Doing the same for THR LVR 2 and my lever 2, showing "Complex Joy Axis No. 1".

In the field "Choose LVR to setup" I select "LVR1". Selecting TOGA in the field below, moving levers to 65535, entered 0 as error tolerance, saving with SET. Repeating these things for FLX/MCT (53504 +/- 4000), CLB (37376 +/- 4000), IDLE (0 +/- 0). I leave REV IDLE and MAXREV untouched (being both on 0 +/- 0).

I am repeating this for LVR2 with the same numbers.

Nevertheless the EWD shows always this, no matter which moves I make with the levers:

snip.png

Thanks
    Stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

I have played around with the detent positions within the THR LVR setup once more, but I was not successful, the EWD does not show any reaction on throttle movements. This is my latest config that I have tested and I thought that should be working:
    TOGA: 65535 +/- 500
    FLX 53504 +/- 4000
    CL 37376 +/- 4000
    IDLE 0 +/- 0
    REV IDLE -1000 +/- 0
    MAX REV -65535 +/- 63000

I have seen that the axis value is going below zero once I move the levers to REVERSE and the button is pressed. This is why I put -65535 into MAX REV. Since the value is going quite slow down from 0 to -65535 (it takes between 7 and 8 seconds), I have put an error value of 63000 in order not to wait until the value has moved to -65535. So I assume reversers should be activated at -2535 with this config.

Putting in the value of -1000 for REV IDLE was quite tricky since I needed to move down the lever to REVERSE and nearly at the same time press the SET button in order to get a small value under zero. In fact I think this value will nearly ever be reached, but I thought that this is not a big problem.

Is it correct that the values from TOGA down to MAXREV all need a value in this order and that it is not allowed to have 2 levels with the same value? According to this the above values should be OK. Also with regards to the error values there should be no overlapping between 2 levels.

Thanks
    Stefan

Hi,

@Rob: concerning the sounds, it's weird, I did not change anything in that area? I will test again...
    For the OC korrys, you may want to reopen SIOC Creator and apply again your configuration every time there is a new version, there usually are some changes which can affect the way an old configuration works.
    When you disconnect the AP, if you still have at least one FD on, the FMA keeps the modes it was in (THRUST/SPEED, CLB/DES/ALT, NAV/HDG, etc).

@Stefan: you are right when you say two different detents/positions MUST have different values.
    I put a slow counter to increase/decrease the actual reverse position as a pilot would not apply full reverse instantaneously. If you want it to be quicker, you can simply click apply full reverse at any value below REV idle, and put a small error as in that particular case, as long as the reported position is below detent+error value, it will output MAX REV.
    To put it differently: let's say you put MAX REV = -5000 with error = 100. As long as the simulated axis is between -4900 and -65535, it will output MAX REV.

Regards,
    JL

Stefan, also I forgot, never put 0 as an error, you should always put at least a very small one (maybe 1 or 10 or anything).

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi,

@Rob: concerning the sounds, it's weird, I did not change anything in that area? I will test again...
    For the OC korrys, you may want to reopen SIOC Creator and apply again your configuration every time there is a new version, there usually are some changes which can affect the way an old configuration works.
    When you disconnect the AP, if you still have at least one FD on, the FMA keeps the modes it was in (THRUST/SPEED, CLB/DES/ALT, NAV/HDG, etc).
    Thanks for the feedback... I guess will do a complete new install these days to get the sound working again. BTW: What are all these new sounds for "maintain VS maintain"... is it all for the TCAS?
    Regarding FMA: I will check if I had a FD active... that might be reason.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    What are all these new sounds for "maintain VS maintain"... is it all for the TCAS?
    Yes, I comply with the latest TCAS version.

JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi JL,

thanks for your response. Unfortunately it's not working for me. The EWD does not show any change of throttle position, it's simply stuck.

These are the values that I have defined now (both the same for LVR1 + 2):
    TOGA 65535 / 500
    FLX 53504 / 4000
    CL 37376 /4000
    IDLE 0 / 500
    REV IDLE -2000 / 10
    MAXREV -4000 / 100

Any idea what might go wrong here?

Thanks
    Stefan