Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1171
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: A320 FMGS beta 25

Hi JL,

hm? I could not find it in the SIOC Creator... I dont talk about the overhead korries. I meant the one on the CPT & FO Main Instrument Panel... right above the ND brightness which indicates the GPWS and if you are below the GS.
    Do you know which ones?

and... also just noticed that when I start my client I usually run the autostart via windows. Can I save the widefmgs.exe position in any way? my background is set black but with this window right next to an active display it creates an ugly white border even the display remains on front. know what i mean?

Cheers,
    Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    Hi Stefan,

just tried LFMN to LEPA for you... also starting at the gate. I didnt have any problems. I guess it doesnt really help in detail ... but maybe its helps you in anyway to know that others dont have this particular issue ...Of course VNAV is not perfect yet, but I still get TOC and TOD for that route.
    Hi Rob,

thanks for testing this one. At least we know that this has obviously nothing to do with that specific route. I will continue testing to find out any constellation that might be working.

Stefan

150+ Forum Groupie

I have done more tests on my VNAV problem for LFMN-LEPA. It looks as if it has something to do with where the aircraft stands when the plan is setup. If I put the plane to EDDW for example, I can plan any route fine, also LFMN-LEPA is showing T/C and T/D. As soon as I put the plane to LFMN, it does not work obviously for any route.

I am using the Aerosoft scenery on FS9, maybe it has something to do with that? Obviously there is no difference whether I stand at any gate or directly at the threshold of a runway. As soon as it's LFMN, it doesn't work.

AirFan, do you use the Aerosoft scenery as well, with FS9? Next thing I will try is temporarily disable the addon scenery and try it that way.

Thanks
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by stefangr View Post

AirFan, do you use the Aerosoft scenery as well, with FS9? Next thing I will try is temporarily disable the addon scenery and try it that way.

Hi Stefan,

No I dont use this scenery and I use FSX. However I doubt that it's addon scenery related. Have you tried a different Nav data set? Maybe there is something wrong with this particular airport???

Cheers,
    Rob

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

This is weird since I use LFMN as my default starting point, so almost all tests are made from LFMN...
    I really do not know what might go wrong there ?? Try with FS default scenery, who knows...

JL

Hi JL,
    Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi Rob,

This korry is already there??

JL
    Hi JL,

hm? I could not find it in the SIOC Creator... I dont talk about the overhead GPWS korries. I meant the one on the CPT & FO Main Instrument Panel... right above the ND brightness which indicates the GPWS and if you are below the GS.
    Do you now know which korry I mean? And what about the Autoland-korry?

and... also just noticed that when I start my client I usually run the autostarter via autostart in windows. Can I save the widefmgs.exe position in any way? my background is set black but with this window right next to an active display it creates an ugly white border even the display remains on front. know what i mean?

Cheers,
    Rob

Ok I see what you mean now. I'll add this one and the autoland one someday, not in next version (too late now).
    I'll see what I can do for widefmgs windows.

Regards,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    This is weird since I use LFMN as my default starting point, so almost all tests are made from LFMN...
    I really do not know what might go wrong there ?? Try with FS default scenery, who knows...
    JL
    Again some news coming out of my testing...

It has nothing to do with the addon scenery. I deactivated it, but the problem persits.

It obviously has also nothing to do with the nav data. I installed version 1206 of Navigraph's Level-D data and imported the data into the FMGS, but the problem persits.

And now it's getting really weird. This is what I tested:

1. Started FS9, standing at LFMN. Switched on battery on OVHD, started APU, aligned IRS. In MCDU I entered LFMN/LEPA as origin/destination, aligned IRS in MCDU, added FL300 as CRZ FL, entered 55 as Cost Index, on INIT FUEL PREDICTION pressed F9 to import fuel data from FS. Then I opened F-PLN page and saw that there is no T/C, T/D, Speed Limits, no altitudes etc. Looked like this:

bad.png

2. Within FS I changed airport, switched to EDDW. On MCDU T/C, T/D, Speed Limits etc. were inserted automatically. Of course the data was not accurate since the route was still LFMN/LEPA. Looked like this:

good.png

3. Within FS I changed airport again, this time to LIMJ. On MCDU T/C, T/D etc disappeared again.

I have done this with several airports. The airports that worked fine were: EDDW, EDDF, LFPG. Airports that didn't work were: LFMN, LIMJ, LIRF, LEBL, GCLP.

What I also noticed that during scenery load on FS, the MCDU inserted T/C, T/D for a short moment, but when scenery load was completed, these lines disappeared again for the airports that did not work.

My config is:
    PC1: WinXP, FS9, FMGS Server + Sound module
    PC2: Win7, FMGS OVHD, PDF, ND, EWD, MCDU

Maybe anyone has still an idea?

Thanks
    Stefan

Still no real clue.
    One thing though, the route is best calculated when it has at least a couple waypoints in it, not only DEP/ARR airports.
    I did a lot of work on VNAV in next version, it will come out shortly (between today and next week), hopefully it'll correct this issue.

Regards,
    JL

150+ Forum Groupie

I also tried to add waypoints, and the MCDU accepts them but it does not calculate any heights though.

Good news that 26 is nearly on its way, so I will check my issues once the new version is out

Thanks
    Stefan