Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1171
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Update Navigraph data

Good morning everybody...
    Why can't see "SAVE CO RTE" at "MCDU MENU" page as user guide says at p.117? I've completed INIT and FPLN pages already.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi,

the user guide is outdated on that one. Now, as per the real acft, you need to go to DATA page then with one of the lateral arrows DATA 2 page. There, go to PILOTS ROUTES on the right.

JL

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Hi,
    the user guide is outdated on that one. Now, as per the real acft, you need to go to DATA page then with one of the lateral arrows DATA 2 page. There, go to PILOTS ROUTES on the right.
    JL
    The Advanced User Guide is also outdated, because I can't find ND\EGPWS folder and extractor.exe (p.5)?

This is not outdated. It should be there (ND\EGPWS data\EGPWS data extractor.exe).
    If it's not there there was troubles during instalaltion.

JL

Re: A320 FMGS beta 25

Hi JL,

a short bug report:
    - When I try to save an active route I get "MCDU display problem, please report issue" after I press store active f-pln.
    So I assume you are aware of that one?

the fly by wire did a major step forward with the release of the current B25. However, there are still some bugs:
    - when you do full back stick, sometimes the AC still tends to stall at low speeds - in fact in these moments the alpha max limit doesnt seem to be correct/considered.
    - when you bank at level flight (i.e. 5000ft) the vertical speed changes significantly. You start with zero veritcal speed... after some banking I end with a sink or climb rate up of to 1000ft/min without having touched the elevator axis.

- btw is your stick sensetivity exponential?

- the ILS mode on ND contains all the signs for TOC, TOD ... etc. I might told you that already. I just noticed it again

- have you taken a look at the Fuel flow in reverse been stuck at some 4 hundred something kg/h? I just would like to know if this strange behaviour has something to do with my throtte axis controller.

- I am not sure if you can trigger the "FS-replay mode"... when in replay I always hear "DONT SINK". Maybe that can be fixed with the GPWS.

Cheers and Thanks!!!

Rob

Hi Rob,

-Hopefully the Route saving will work correctly in next version. The MCDU saying "please report issue" means that it detected a bug, but not necessarily that I know why, which is why I ask people to report it
    -FBW still needs some work in some corner areas, however it should maintain VS=0 in level flight without troubles (unless you bank more than 33°). What FS do you use FSX or FS9?

-Stick sensitivity is linear, or at least it follows linearly the inputs sent by windows.

-I'll try to correct that for next version.

-No still haven't looked at it. But it's most probably not because of your thrust lever axis.

-Replay mode will work fine, except that my software still thinks it's flying and which triggers some warnings. Also the exterior model will show weird governs movements because the AP wants to fly it, but the replayh itself is corect (forced by FS).

Regards,
    JL

Hi JL,

thanks for your reply. just some comments:

wrt FBW: I use FSX and yes I exceeded the 33deg... however I thought that does not have any effect on how the FBW works. I thought the 33deg are just the max. AP bank and that you need to hold the stick beyond 33 deg... however I thought this makes no difference to the AC trying to keep same altitude.
    So I just retried it with max 33 bank: You are right... the result is way better and it works as it should. But is that the same on the real AC ; only below 33 deg???

regarding stick sensetivity... have you ever tried an exponential input definition for the stick? How is it done on a real airbus? I just noticed that I need to reduce the sensetivity for precise and small pitch ajustments to keep the VS really at zero. But then it does not seem right for bigger stick inputs on pitch. I know that many people use an exponential function for stick input for RC flying. Maybe it also improves the simulator handling and is worth a try.

FS replay mode: You got me wrong... my replay mode also works fine... I just meant all the triggered aural warning because the software thinks its still flying or even thinks its in a different phase of flying... That's why I ask if you can trigger when FSX has the replay mode active --> so YOUR software knows that its just a reply on FSX side.

Thanks!!! & Cheers
    Rob

Hi again,

I quote the FCOM:
    With the sidestick at neutral, wings level, the system maintains 1 g in pitch (corrected for pitch attitude), and there is no need for the pilot to trim by changing speed or configuration. Pitch trim is automatic both in manual mode and when the autopilot is engaged. In normal turns (up to 33° of bank) the pilot does not have to make any pitch corrections once the turn is established.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFan View Post
    regarding stick sensetivity... have you ever tried an exponential input definition for the stick? How is it done on a real airbus? I just noticed that I need to reduce the sensetivity for precise and small pitch ajustments to keep the VS really at zero. But then it does not seem right for bigger stick inputs on pitch. I know that many people use an exponential function for stick input for RC flying. Maybe it also improves the simulator handling and is worth a try.
    I'll give it a try someday, it's not top priority yet.

FS replay mode: You got me wrong... my replay mode also works fine... I just meant all the triggered aural warning because the software thinks its still flying or even thinks its in a different phase of flying... That's why I ask if you can trigger when FSX has the replay mode active --> so YOUR software knows that its just a reply on FSX side.
    I have to check in FSUIPC if this can be done or not.

Regards,
    JL

Thanks for the quote , got it!!!

last one for today: - the overspeed sound wave is linked to the stall sound.

Regards
    Rob

last one for today: - the overspeed sound wave is linked to the stall sound.
    I cannot see how that is possible since I haven't implemented neither sounds??
    Are you sure it's not FS default sounds??

JL