Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

aileron Potentiometer fault

After one year of temporary use the aileron Poti of my linked 737 yokes doesn`t work any more. I emailed to Ali on the end of April, who ansered after a few reminders a week later, that he would send me instructions on how to change the poti shortly.

Unfortunatly he didn`t send me anything until now, so I try to find somebody, who knows how to change the aileron poti of a ACE 737yoke.

The yokes themselves are of great quality, I really like them. Nevertheless I would never buy anything from Ali again, because of his unreliability.

He seems not to know what customer orientation means. I bought a product - not cheap -
    which doesn`t work correctly anymore after a few month of using - okay, this can happen.

But if I want to repair it myself without speaking about compensation it should be possible to get instructions within a few days. I am really disappointed.

Wolfgang

10+ Posting Member

Re: aileron Potentiometer fault

Hi,

Keep emailing him. I've got a yoke on order. It's taken a while and a few (5) emails from me but he's replying today!!

Dan

Re: aileron Potentiometer fault

I have got the same fault.
    I ordered a new pot and replaced it but I still have the problem. It also seems that the teeth of the sprocket does not fully catch the teeth of the aileron sprocket and it slips.
    I also replaced the wiring but it still does not work. I am totally fed up as my build was almost complete and now I have a worthless yoke and have to fly my pride and joy using a sh1tty cheap joystick. Not a happy bunny.
    If I had good customer support I would have probably bought a second yoke for the FO... not going to happen now..
    Allan.