75+ Posting Member Norwegian737project's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question I need help purchasing throttle

I am in the process of buying a throttle from Revolution Simproducts, but I am getting kind of lost, because there is really not much info about what to go with... I mean, what is the different between Motorized "737 White" and Motorized "737 White PRO"?

Also I wanted to go for the Professional throttle because my understanding is that it's the beast of all the beasts on the marked right now. Also it's stated on Rev.Sim.Products that this throttle has different speeds on the trimwheels depending on autopilot or manual trim.

So on the webpage, it says to contact Simaviatik for purchase through them. But heres what they replied to me:

"First of all I’d like to apologize for the delay of my reply, somehow your inquiry
    got lost.

As for the throttle I have to tell you that we do not sell parts, only complete simulators
    (so called turnkey solutions). In addition, the throttle we are using for our systems is
    manufactured by Revolution Simproducts so I can’t really understand why you got
    redirected to us.

I regret I can’t present you a more satisfying answer. However, if there’s anything I can
    help you with, let me know."

Sooo.... Where do I purchase this Professional quadrant, since Revolution Simproducts tells me to contact Simaviatik to purchase, and Simaviatik really don't know what I am talking about???

I am puzzled..

Also, where can I read about the difference between the older v1.8 throttles and the new v2.0?

The last thing I want to throw in here, is that I have heard from people around the community, that Rev.Sim.Products are offering throttles with options not listed on their webpage? Is this true?

I am just looking for the best throttle out there, but ordering one is just a hassle. Done deal..

Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Norwegian737Project Follow our blog at norwegian737project.blogspot.com

Re: I need help purchasing throttle

That is strange... for a company that started by building TQ's, it does seem hard to purchase one right now (unless it's one of three non motorized 1.8 versions).

I agree the options seem complicated but keep in mind that before Rev-Sim went mainline, they were updating specs and features as each unit was built. The key things to remember are that you can have a) a motorized or b) non motorized. Motorized means the trim wheels and levers move by themselves, while non-motorized means they don't. Proline is their top-of-the-line non-commercial use version (home use). It is built using aluminum insides as opposed to PVC (I think it was).

The different versions available addressed things such as interfaces (two USB as opposed to the older three USB versions) and that was just the changes in the interface cards.

I think your best bet is to email them at proline 'at' revolution-simproducts dot com and ask them what is available, and what the lead time is. The one thing I can guarantee you is that if you are wanting the top of the line TQ out there, Rev-Sim is the only place you will get it (other than converting a real one). If that email doesn't work, PM me and I will give you some other emails that will put you in touch with key people at Rev-Sim, or contact Ian Sissons. He's tied in very tight with them. Good luck!

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Re: I need help purchasing throttle

Hi Chaps......
    Let me chip in here and try to clarify things a little.
    Basically the difference between the Standard and the Pro version is that the Pro version is designed to take the constant use that would be generated in Training or 'For Hire' Sims. The internal components are much more robust than in a standard TQ which is designed for the hobby market. Uprated motors, chains instead of rubber drive belts, more steel components etc. And yes there is the function of different speed trim and some other refinements.
    And here's the state of play right now....... The current version is the v1.8. v2 is under development. There's an offer on at the moment on the remaining production v1.8 units in stock, soi now may be a good time to grab a bargain
    Buying a TQ should not be a hassle. Just mail sales@revolution-simproducts.com or PM me with your email address and i'll sort it for you. I'll also advise Eren of your interest and also of the error on the website.
    Regards

Ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge