Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Backlighting a Simworld overhead panel

Happily

The left item is a proprietary 1mm thick plastic legend with the lettering etched into it. These can be purchased from Opencockpits or others. The next item is clear 5mm perspex cut to size and sanded on each face to improve light diffusion. The edges of this piece are sprayed black and the legend piece is glued to it. This combined assembly is glued to the front face of the overhead panel using either superglue or very thin doubled sided clear adhesive. The next piece is 5mm clear plastic, sprayed black on all sides other than the one facing the rear of the panel. It is drilled to take the two leds and is tapped to take a small bolt to secure the veroboard holding the leds and diodes/resistors. This whole assembly is glued to the rear of the overhead panel.

Hope this helps

David

Okey, thanks for your answer!

Did search for more under the night, and found some easy (but not as good looking) ways to do backlightning. I think im going to start making some smaller panels part as the FLAP, SPOILER and Enginestart on the A320 to test, and if I will find any CNC-machine, I think im going to change to that.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Good luck

David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123