Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: INSTRUMENT MONITOR ORIENTATION??

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
    Ok that might be the problem. What is your OS, is it Windows XP, Vista or 7? And what is the make of that adapter? Maybe I can have a look.
    Running on XP. Adapter is Matrox (very old).
    Don't worry too much on my account - I will eventually find a solution.

regards,

TONY.

No problem, I sold hundreds of them in de nineties (not installed though)

In XP there's no standard way to rotate the monitor like in Windows 7. So this has to be done by the driver of the adapter. Even the older Matrox cards, which might be very cheap second hand, had advanced possibilities. It depends on the model. I think they have 'powerdesk' to change the settings

powerdesk.gif

I think if you go to multiple monitor setup, and go to properties, you can adjust the orientation

multidisplay.gif

Or perhaps some other option. Anyway, if you can find Powerdesk on your system it's likely you could adjust the orientation. But it could also indeed be a very basic adapter where it's impossible.
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember View Post
    No problem, I sold hundreds of them in de nineties (not installed though)

In XP there's no standard way to rotate the monitor like in Windows 7. So this has to be done by the driver of the adapter. Even the older Matrox cards, which might be very cheap second hand, had advanced possibilities. It depends on the model. I think they have 'powerdesk' to change the settings

powerdesk.gif

I think if you go to multiple monitor setup, and go to properties, you can adjust the orientation

multidisplay.gif

Or perhaps some other option. Anyway, if you can find Powerdesk on your system it's likely you could adjust the orientation. But it could also indeed be a very basic adapter where it's impossible.
    Thanks again. I have 'powerdesk' but only for Matrox Parhelia for my outside views! It's not interested in the crappy little cards underneath! I will solve this, and let you know how.

TONY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12