Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FAA To Charge Companies For Online Charts, No Access For Individuals

FAA To Charge Companies For Online Charts, No Access For Individuals

The continuous increase in the cost of general aviation has already been shown to be damaging the industry and the economy. So, now the FAA wants to further contribute to the problem. Tax dollars and other aviation fees already pay for these charts. And, for us here this is a real hit to virtual aviation since many of us rely on the access to online charts.

If you are interested in expressing your concern over this there is an online petition that has been started to express concern over this to the FAA.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FAA To Charge Companies For Online Charts, No Access For Individuals

One of the reasons I quit flying. The rental prices were becoming ridiculous and took all the fun out of it.
    I just bought a set of charts from ebay. Paid £17 and they cover every airport in the uk and some of Europe.
    Suits my needs perfectly.
    Heres the link to some more if anyone is interested.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jeppesen-A...item4cfb418d3b

He has put thhe price up since I bought them. They do not come with binders but I got a good deal and bought four binders for £25. Once again good old Ebay. So got the lot for £42. Can't be bad.
    Allan.