Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Preview: iFly 737NG Home Cockpit Builder's Edition

Hello Steve,

thanks again for your open words, I really appreciate this. I hope they do not get you into trouble but I do not think that you give away any critical information.

After all, perhaps I was a little too fast with my judgement regarding the price. The commercial aspects have always to be taken into consideration, probably I am too much a technician. And, as I stated myself, the number of sales of the pro will be relatively low, compared to the base version. Finally, in relation to the overall money I spent for my Sim until today (and not thinking at the future the price for the Pro package is absolutely negligible.

All the best and take care.

Cheers,
    Michael
    B738: 3,892 orders and counting...
    My cockpit building blog can be visited here.

2. Thanks Steve Masson thanked for this post
    10+ Posting Member

Hi Michael,

I have enjoyed bring a lot of things about this project out in to the open as it does give everyone a better idea of what is happening. Oh and didn't get a message from the boss I got a call. As you said I did not divulge anything that damaging and it is maybe better people have an insight to what is happening.

My wife once asked how much my A300 all cost, she later asked why I had vanished to see friends. I really don't want to look at how much I spent on my sim, but it was worth every penny for the enjoyment I got back.

Take care and see you over at iFly.

Steve

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi Steve,
    Unfortunately I missed you at FSWeekend, actually the stand was usually too crowded to be able to get some one-on-one time. iFly is on my radar for things to look at post-FSWeekend, look forward to corresponding with you regarding the software.

10+ Posting Member

It got completely crazy on Saturday and if I an completely honest far too much for me. A very kind Dutch lady saw I was struggling and made me sit, while her husband and others waited to try the software. What will surprise many is I am volunteer at Flight1 and in return the guys help support my world flight charity ORBIS. Due to the damage to in my neck and the issues that go with it, I am only able to do things on good days and on other I need to rest as I loose power on my right side. Flight1 and the IFly guys have allowed me to enjoy my passion once again and it is a win win for everyone.

If you drop me a PM I will send you my email and Skype details and then we can have that chat in a far more relax manner.

I remember leaving the stand at one point to go to the toilet and when I attempted to get back was unable to get through the crowd, not something I have experienced at a show before.

Speak to you soon

Steve

25+ Posting Member

Steve

Very nice and complete response. My thoughts on all this are basically that the technology behind many of the "older" sims has left an opening for software (and hardware) that it would appear the Ifly / (hardware suppliers) have jumped into.

Well done - and of course there is always a leap frogging that happens when new software is developed and brought to market between price and acceptance.

I've only explored the ifly option today as I was directed to it as an option because the "other" obvious choice is not compatible with the MCP I was looking at purchasing.

Cheers
    Tony

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123