25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

7 segment display missing segment

Hello,

Using controlador with just altitude, VS & FO Course connected. Displays are connected in this order. Altitude inputs 0,1,2,3,4 , VS 5,6,7,8,9 where "-" is input 9, FO course 10,11,12. The remaining inputs on the dispaly card are empty. The lower input numbers are connected to the lower display numbers i.e. course 359 the 9 is the lowest input number.

When testing in controlador all displays light. When using the count test the upper right segment, segment 'B' does not light. It is the same if I use the IN/DPLAY function. I have checked the physical wiring, I have tested each segment of each display individually and used controlador to test the order of the segments. All my tests check out.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this problem? Or suggest other tests I can do to establish if I have made a mistake. I have used the iocard manual to connect the displays.

I have searched this and the Opencokpit forum for a solution to this problem. I have found other posts with the same problem but no one has posted the solution or I can't find it if they have.

Thanks

Dave

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: 7 segment display missing segment

You've almost certainly got the connections from the display card to the PCB holding the 7 segs wrong. Look on the O/Cockpits site for a file called "Conexion Displays II <-> Kingbright SC36 " it's the first file in this link
    http://www.opencockpits.com/modules....ownload&cid=42
    regards
    geoff

25+ Posting Member

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

The diagram you linked to is the one I used to connect my displays. I have checked and rechecked and I have made my connections as shown in the diagram.

I have tested every segment of every display with an LED tester and they light when expected.

I accept it is likely something I have done but the fact that everything is connected as shown in the wiring diagram and each segment lights as it should has left me stumped.

I have tried a second display card with the same result.

Any other suggestions welcome. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks again.

Dave

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Dave
    check the cable that goes from the display card to the display PCB then check the solder connections on the led pcb. As you have changed the display card woth the same results then the fault must be as above. Can you change the led pcb?
    regards
    geoff

25+ Posting Member

Hi Geoff,

I did not use the display pcbs I soldered directly to the displays.

I thought I would disconnect VS and Altitude and try the course display on it's own and see if that works. As you are suggesting I think, a process of elimination!

Thanks once again.

Dave