Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Keyboard as input

This is my first post on this forum. I am planning to build a very basic home cockpit. I do not want to build any parts such as flight controls, displays etc.. I just want to use several keyboards and use their buttons as various buttons in an aircraft. So i am planning to connect them to the computer and label the keys on them according to the buttons i want them to be.

I want to connect multiple keyboards and assign various functions to them. If you just connect the keyboards, it will perform the same action when you press the same key in any keyboard. But i want to control the keyboards separately. For example i want to assign the letter g on the 1st keyboard for trim air button and the letter g on the 2nd keyboard for landing lights. So first of all i would like to know a good software that could identify the keyboards separately.

I also hope to fly addons aircrafts. since most of them have more functions than the default aircrafts the default keyboard commands will not be enough. So how can i add more commands to the controls section in fsx so that i can assign them to more keyboard buttons.

Re: Keyboard as input

I found a software to detect multiple keyboards. Its called HIDMacros.

I also got to know about mouse macros in FSUIPC. How do i use multiple keyboards detected with HIDMacros with the mouse macros i created in FSUIPC?

75+ Posting Member

Re: Keyboard as input

I know this thread is a bit old ...

but I was going to go this route to start (or at least hack into keyboards but use real switches then I discovered "keywiz" a small pcb with 40 inputs (plus ways of multiplying) it uses the keyboard connector on the pc (so if ya want a keyboard too while using keywiz get a usb keyboard adapter...but get a Belkin one or the backslash key probably wont work) though I think they might have a USB version too out now. They even do a pack of wires to connect to switches very neat! I think it was $49 (inc the wires) and it literally was plug and play. FSX sees it and ya simply flick a switch to configure the switch for the function you want in FSX (just like ya do with a joystick's buttons)

However it gave me a taste for how good things can be so it was was VERY soon before I needed more realism hence my new project....but that's a different story

Might be worth a look ?...No I don't have ANY affiliation to them.

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/i...roducts_id=303

John
    Old, tired & broke (shouldn't be allowed out really)