Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Unhappy UK Red Arrows crash

It is with sadness i inform you i have recently learnt of news that one of the red arrows has crashed. One of the jets crashed this afternoon after a display in bournemouth air show UK, amateur footage can be found on the news websites showing the plane sinking as if in a stall.

Amid rumours knowone saw the pilot eject, a farmer later claimed he saw the pilot being pulled from the wreckage.

In fact, BBC News has just confirmed the pilot did eject but has sadly died.

The Red Arrows are a fantastic UK display team, and are the equivalent of the blue angels in the states, and it is a huge loss to the red arrows aerobatic team and my thoughts go out to the pilot's friends and family.

All pilots in the Red Arrows are excessively qualified ex military fighter pilots and this is a real sad time in the history of the Red Arrows.

I hope you will share in my condolences to relatives of the diseased.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: UK Red Arrows crash

This is indeed very sad. There are only a handful of pilots in the RAF trained to such a high degree. Although I believe they are all still military fighter pilots as a tour of duty in the Red Arrows only runs for two years (I think) and then they go back to their squadron.

Tom.