1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airbus Stand Drawings

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me where I can find drawings and measurements for the Airbus A320 mip stand. The best sites that I have seen / been on are french and I cannot make out what is being said.

Thank you.

aj
    GA or the Highway!

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

Re: Airbus Stand Drawings

Have you tried Google Translate It can convert french to whatever language you want.. Just put in the address in the box and select French to English at the top..

Cheers
    Ron
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

Unfortunately most of the drawings are pictures with french text....I use google chrome so 9 times out of 10 it translates it automatically anyway....

cheers, alex
    GA or the Highway!

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

Ok.. Yep I know about Google Chrome. I used to use that before FF5 came out. Now outside of the Auto translate feature I use Firefox all the time. It has a better popup protection + I like the different themes.. But that's off point..

All you ever wanted to know about the Airbus A320

There is this site. Smart Cockpits A320 Series Not sure if there is dimensional data on there but there is the FCM with lots of great illustrations.

Specifically A320 Flight Deck and Systems Briefing (PDF Download Page). It has drawings of all the flight deck systems and subsystems. I've looked at it. Now there isn't dimensional info but you can extrapolate from the info in there what the dimensions are. However I found a solution to that (see farther below). I would also suggest the PDF on FLIGHT CONTROLS and the one on NAVIGATION. There is a ton of info on that site. Whenever I'm looking for flight manuals for a heavy that's where I go.

There is also THIS SITE that has PDF (color posters) of the A320 flight deck. They aren't 1:1 scale but they do enlarge nicely and THIS SITE with a bunch of actual cockpit pics where someone has taken a measuring tape and photographed himself measuring the the flight deck. You really can't get better then that. 125 HIGH RES photos (measuring tape included). Some are in metric and other imperial (so beware when marking your drawing) but the info is there... That seems to be the best of the bunch.

You can use the PDF(s) of the flight deck for the drawings and the photo site for the dimensions.

Are you thinking of getting heavy Alex?

Cheers.
    Ron
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

Hi Ron,

I wished I could have a jet sim, but my GA sim is in progress still, best finish what Ive started. The airbus stand measurements are required for a friends build, he thinks he has got the measurements right based on some his front panels, but im not convinced which is why I want to get these before he screws his project up!

Cheers for the heads up Ron!

Much appreciated!
    GA or the Highway!