Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: PoKeys USB Interface

Does this work with the radio stack being sold at prosimparts? Is it hard to wire the radiostack to the board? I am completely new to sim cockpit building but would like to go by the most affordable route...

Which software to you use to program the radiostack to say, interface with the PMDG 737 NGX?

Can someone write an FAQ for newbies like me?? Thank you.

25+ Posting Member

I have been reading up on the PoKeys cards here, and as I am starting to wire up my MIP I thought this would be a viable option.
    Can anyone tell me if the card is useable right out of the box, or do I need to start learning a programming language. That's what put me off
    using my OC cards. Also could someone give an example code used to say light up the landing geat LED's.

Thanks

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeckerZ View Post
    I have been reading up on the PoKeys cards here, and as I am starting to wire up my MIP I thought this would be a viable option.
    Can anyone tell me if the card is useable right out of the box, or do I need to start learning a programming language. That's what put me off
    using my OC cards. Also could someone give an example code used to say light up the landing geat LED's.

Thanks
    DeckerZ,

I am currently working on a PoKeys 56e setup. Actually my Dad and I are both using PoKeys 56e on our respective simpits. Both of us are long time users of fSX but recently started building our panels. Basically we are begineers ourselves and are looking for ways to get around the programing languages. Its not that we cannot learn it but did not want to take the time the first go at it.

I am not sure about the USB version but the ethernet version is not useable right out of the box. Need to make the connection which may require to open ports on your router and LUA programming skills may be required if FSSymphony does not provide the functionality you are looking for.

Since we received ours my Dad has spent numerous hours trying to get a Lua script to work. Not succesful yet and these were scripts written by others and slightly modified to work on our systems. We do not think its a problem with the script but with the ability to communicate.

At this point we are still scratching our heads even though I was succesfull at connecting an encoder last night. Not sure what setting I changed to make it start working.

Again, my experience is with the 56e and not the 56u. The USB version may be simpler but I do not know if its "plug and assign as you are looking for.

Keep researching as there are several different avenues of approach.

flyinjake

150+ Forum Groupie

You did not tell us what you want to do with the card?

All depends on the program you want to interface to. As for ProSim nothing is needed, just connect the card, USB or ethernet, enable the PoKeys interface and the card is ready to be used.

Regards, Wendy
    http://www.flightsimparts.eu
    PoKeys interface cards

25+ Posting Member

Hey flyinjake, thanks for the info. I have ordered the PoKeys 56U card and I am in the process of ordering 2 x Led cards withe their cabling so I hope to use them for all the annunicators in my MIP. I am also considering purchasing ProSim737. Judging from this and other posts it is right out of the box useable with it, so I am playing around with the Demo. If it works so intuitively I will buy it. So far it is working with my CPFLight MCP and my FDS CDU. I just need to see it interfacing with the PoKeys hardware before I commit.

25+ Posting Member

I am just thinking of what I can use the PoKeys interface for, I know I can use it for Led's and switches, but and I am thinking of using it with ProSim737 as I amtesting it with my setup and the testing is coming on with positive results. What I am not sure about is the DU displays, and other potentiometers, how would I go about connecting these to my PoKeys card. I think per DU there are at least 5 wires I would need to connect, the on/off switch and the potentiometer, but I am not sure how would go about this. I would love to hear from someone who has achieved this.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi DeckerZ,

I am using Prosim737 with Pokeys Cards and have used it to inteface my homemade MCP using Wendy's Led Extension Cards and 7 Segment Display Cards. Wendy can supply the software when you purchase her 7 Segment Hardware and this functions perfectly. I will also be running my Homemade CDU with the Pokeys cards and using the Matrix ability of the Pokeys Cards this is simple. What ever you set using the supplied Polabs software will not be touched by Prosim737.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hello Decker,

Here is how to connect a rotary switch and a potentiometer.

Rotary switch connection

Potentiometer connection

Regards, Wendy
    http://www.flightsimparts.eu
    PoKeys interface cards

25+ Posting Member

Hi Bernie, thanks for your info. I have a cpflight MCP & EFIS and a FDS CDU so I will be using the PoKeys card along with Wendys LED cards to light up my MIP. Wendy's cards arrived yesterday, but I am still waiting on my Pokeys card arriving before I can do anything with them. Here's hoping it brightens my MIP.
    Also, thanks Wendy for the very fast delivery of the LED cards, and the info on how to connect pots and switches. Much appreciated.

10. Thanks Wendy thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Hi Wendy, I have a question about connecting LED's to the LED cards. My PoKeys card arrived today, and I wanted to test out 2 LED's
    so I looked at a previous thread in this post to see the wiring, which looks pretty straight forward, and I think I understand
    what you explained to Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
    Hey Bernie,

your explanation of ProSim configuration for Leds is correct.

The PCB has 24 inputs and 24 outputs, every input is connected with a port on the PoKeys. The Leds are connected to the outputs of the PCB. The power on the PCB comes from a different power supply that can supply more Amps.
    So if for example you connected the first 24 ports of the PoKeys to the inputs of the PCB then if you activate port 9 on the PoKeys then input 9 on the PCB is triggered and the respective led on output 9 lights up.

If this is not clear to you, please let me know.

Regards, Wendy
    I connected my LED card to the PoKey card and on the opposite side of the LED card I connected 2 LED's to test out ProSim737 indicators.
    I connected what looks like a common anode to the GND, and the cathodes to outputs 7 & 8 of the LED card. When I tested both outputs via ProSim737
    the same LED came on for both. I have used an old mobile phone charger for the 5v input, and I have a resistor attached to the LED so they don't
    burn out. Am I doing something wrong? The photos are a bit dark as I had to turn off the flash on my camera as it was bleaching the photos with it on.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast