Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: PoKeys USB Interface

Great Wendy,

I will be ready again with PayPal if this does the job, which I am sure it will.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hello,

Showing you my new Led extension board and how to connect it. This board does not need extra software but can be connected directly to a PoKeys card giving you 24 high power outputs to drive led's.

Regards, Wendy
    http://www.flightsimparts.eu
    PoKeys interface cards

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Well all the jobs i have for other people are out of the way now, so it's back on my own project. PoKeys card working fine, so about time to think about getting ProSim fully installed and running in my cockpit. I'll be ordering another card and this board as well Wendy after christmas. Very neat job and so easy to connect up Have a great great holiday everybody.
    rgds from wales

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

150+ Forum Groupie

Hello All,

Despite the fact that it all looks a bit like a money maker by selling all these cards, I have to tell you that I’m not making any money on this for now and that it is not the reason why I’m doing all this.
    I should not do it for the profit on the cards, because that is really almost nothing. But hey that is not a problem, it’s not about making money but to provide you with an easy to use interface system. Just consider all the research that is needed, sending samples to people who can support this hardware in their software package. Development of additions, and then it’s not working like it should be, or made a mistake in the design, so start all over. I think you all experienced this once or more times.

My only intentions are to provide you with a simple, click and go system to interface with ProSim 737, no scripting, just connect, configure, use. And yes my profit is also a little bit that I’m using this system myself.

Kind regards, Wendy
    PoKeys interface cards

5. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Wendy,

I for one am so greatful that you are prepared to spend so much time and money to make this hobby a much simpler and more enjoyable one for others. I came into this not knowing much and when I looked at all the quite complicated options, I wondered whether I had biiten off more than I could chew. Until, that is, I found the Pokeys cards. From this I found your site and have been amazed that it could all be so simple with your extra hardware. As I am using Prosim737 and Marty has been kind to incorporate these cards into his software, I have now realised it is not beyond me anymore. Wendy, I thank you.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

10+ Posting Member

I second that. I cannot wait to get my hands on some boards for the seven segment displays - they are a great step forward.

Kind regards,

Philip

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
    Showing you my new Led extension board and how to connect it. This board does not need extra software but can be connected directly to a PoKeys card giving you 24 high power outputs to drive led's.
    A very interesting thread, which has come just at the right time for me as my overhead is on its way to me now (or more exactly, buried under piles of Xmas parcels in the courier's warehouse).

The cable sets available with the LED board are described as 6 colour coded cables with plugs - am I right that 3 of these go on the Pokeys side to connect to the Pokeys56U board, and the other 3 go on the output side to attach directly to LEDs? And how long are the cables provided?

Many thanks

--
    Bryn

150+ Forum Groupie

I used to be indecisisive, but I now just say I want to build a multifunction generic pit, a sort of turbo prop Airbus 737NG.

So, ProSim and Pokeys solve the 737 problem superbly, but what options are there for interfacing to other aircraft, making use of Pokeys?

I had always assumed I would one day have to get to grips with the advanced facilities of FSUIPC, offsets, mouse macros etc . I realise I can use the joystick button emulation function of Pokeys to access standard FSX functions but I am not sure how to proceeed with non-standard functions - would I for instance have to get Pokeys and FSUIPC to talk to each other, and if so, how? I haven't phrased that very well but I hope you understand what I am trying to convey

--
    Bryn

150+ Forum Groupie

Hello Bryn,

You are right about the cable connections. The cables are 20 cm so you will probably have to make them longer at the led side. Connect them as close to PoKeys as possible.

Currently PoKeys is focused on ProSim, but I know someone who's writing an interface so that it can be used for other things. Can't tell you more right now, and no it is not me.

Another way of connecting to PoKeys and FSUIPC is LUA scripting, there is a very good example here in the thread. The use of PoKeys as a joystick controller is also possible but that would limit yourself to digital input and analog inputs. Only a small part of what PoKeys is capable of.

Regards, Wendy
    PoKeys interface cards

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi All,

For anyone who may be interested, the Prosim737 (Latest Pre_release) now caters for 3 different samplings for Rotary Encoders. 1, 2 & 4. Once you have your Pokeys Card connected and auto configure ticked, then go to the Encoders Tab and when you select the Pokeys card as the input, you are presented with a drop down menu of different samplings for each port you have available to you. (Oh So Simple). I personally feel that this has made the Pokeys Card, an incredibly versatile card to use, as it now allows anyone using Prosim737, to think about the Pokeys Cards as an alternative whilst being assured that their existing Rotary Encoders could most likely be used. I for one am thrilled by this as I had already ordered the Rotary Encoders for my Homemade MCP and hadn't given this much consideration. (Me being a newbie to cockpit building) Anyway, I was informed about this and thought I would share the information.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast